Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts trade for Timmy Jernigan for a 4th rounder? YES!!!

42nd rated interior DL, slightly below middle of the pack ... is he under rated and does his talent level constitute the big money it would take to sign him long term, along with the mid to higher draft pick it would likely cost to get him via trade?

i am dubious.   

Wouldn't it make more sense to simply sign that a Giants FA, which costs no draft picks to acquire?

Why would they trade him? He's a really solid player, not elite, but better than a Langford, but we really have guys who can top Jernigan IMO. Ridge and Anderson. So if we're gonna make a move I say screw that. LOL. Give me Sheldon Richardson. People tend to forget he's a top 5ish DT/34 DE. Richardson along with a sexy draft and we'd be whoopin some __ LOL.

They have Willie Henry who I think has a ton of potential, and I consider him a breakout candidate, but he didn't even really play his rookie year. Then Carl Davis who I've always liked. Then Bronson (cant spell last name lol) who has some upside as well. Urban played well for them this past year, so IDK. But IMO they have too many needs, and already a handful of picks, so they'd be crazy to move him IMO. I think even with him they need to grab another DT in the 2nd or 3rd to compete with Henry, Bronson K????,  Urban, and Davis.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Why would they trade him? He's a really solid player, not elite, but better than a Langford, but we really have guys who can top Jernigan IMO. Ridge and Anderson. So if we're gonna make a move I say screw that. LOL. Give me Sheldon Richardson. People tend to forget he's a top 5ish DT/34 DE. Richardson along with a sexy draft and we'd be whoopin some __ LOL.

They have Willie Henry who I think has a ton of potential, and I consider him a breakout candidate, but he didn't even really play his rookie year. Then Carl Davis who I've always liked. Then Bronson (cant spell last name lol) who has some upside as well. Urban played well for them this past year, so IDK. But IMO they have too many needs, and already a handful of picks, so they'd be crazy to move him IMO. I think even with him they need to grab another DT in the 2nd or 3rd to compete with Henry, Bronson K????,  Urban, and Davis.

Sounds like he's on the block for the right price.  Harbaugh didn't deny the report.  He's on his contract year and they know they can't afford him next year.  So they either get what they can now or get a comp pick later.  

Just now, Smonroe said:

Sounds like he's on the block for the right price.  Harbaugh didn't deny the report.  He's on his contract year and they know they can't afford him next year.  So they either get what they can now or get a comp pick later.  

I didn't even read it LOL. But Baltimore is usually boss when it comes to the draft. Not as many late round gems like Seattle or Denver (Geniuses). So If they could get a 3 and a 6 or something then maybe. He'd have to put up some big numbers to give them a 3rd comp pick and that wouldn't even be that year, so I get it now. But they'd still be crazy to move him for less than a 3. For less than a 3 they should just keep him and re-sign him some way or another if he balls out IMO. I like his pass rush ability

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I didn't even read it LOL. But Baltimore is usually boss when it comes to the draft. Not as many late round gems like Seattle or Denver (Geniuses). So If they could get a 3 and a 6 or something then maybe. He'd have to put up some big numbers to give them a 3rd comp pick and that wouldn't even be that year, so I get it now. But they'd still be crazy to move him for less than a 3. For less than a 3 they should just keep him and re-sign him some way or another if he balls out IMO. I like his pass rush ability

Yeah, apparently Baltimore is loaded.  

So I guess the question is is it worth a 3 to try out a guy for year?  If he's a stud, could we afford him next year?   I think I'd grab him for a 3 and take the chance.  

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, apparently Baltimore is loaded.  

So I guess the question is is it worth a 3 to try out a guy for year?  If he's a stud, could we afford him next year?   I think I'd grab him for a 3 and take the chance.  

Baltimore has some pretty big holes to fill. On Offense.They gotta hope Perriman breaks out and becomes a true number 1 WR, but they still have to get a WR in the first 3 rounds who can come in and produce day 1 on. Might need some OL help too, but....Then it all lies on Flaco. If he can play like he's capable of then they're playoff contenders. On D. They HAVE to add 2 EDGE rushers to go with T-Sizzle and Judon. They should probably go EDGE in RD1 honestly. Then they need an ILB oppo CJ. Correra may be the answer IDK. They need a DE, a really good one IMO, and they may need a safety. But they always filter guys in and out, so don't be surprised if Correra, Henry, Judon, and Perriman all break out. Judon is another BIG time breakout candidate IMO. 12 plus sack potential. I wanted us to get him so bad. Had a very good rookie year.

But I wouldn't give a 3 for him personally. If we draft right we can get a first year starter in the 3rd, and we can trade for a better player than TJ anyways IMO. I'd offer up our 17 and 18 3rd's if we could agree to sign him for 4 years. Rich is an absolute monster. People just hate on him because of his off the field stuff I guess.

I think Jernigan was taken in the 2nd round...   or was it 3rd?

The chances of Baltimore getting a 2 or a 3 when the Ravens are looking to trade him, are small.

Odds are a 4 would do it and maybe even a 5.     When you're selling, it's often at pennies on the dollar....

I think people are missing what Ballard & Irsay said - or maybe not believing it.

1) They want draft picks.

2) They want to get younger, i.e. - they want draft picks.

3) I don't think they would find giving up a draft pick and having to pay Jernigan on top of that very palatable.

This ain't happening.

36 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think people are missing what Ballard & Irsay said - or maybe not believing it.

1) They want draft picks.

2) They want to get younger, i.e. - they want draft picks.

3) I don't think they would find giving up a draft pick and having to pay Jernigan on top of that very palatable.

This ain't happening.

Looks like you have been paying attention.

Our average age on the roster is 25 years old, and after this draft (including UDFA's), we will be one of the youngest teams in the league. And that is saying a lot, because we have the oldest person in the league on our team. 

I don't think Ballard will want to chuck up draft picks unless its a slam dunk, grand slam field goal! .....He is lamenting that we need more picks.....(could be pre-draft rhetoric) but we need a lot of picks cause we need a lot of talent..

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

Ravens don't usually do well outside Baltimore. Then we have to pay him. I think we draft Wormley or Godchaux some youngster in the draft. Wise maybe  

Grubbs (NO screwed up witht he contract though), Pernell McPhee and Osemele have done/are doing well.

Kruger, Arthur Jones, Smith and Ellerbe haven't done well outside of Baltimore but many of those guys either had only had one good year and got overpaid (Probably more or less because they become free agents the year the Ravens won the SB in case of Ellerbe and Kruger) or probably were never that good to begin with. Like Torrey Smith, one route-pony. 

Those are the major FAs Ravens have lost since 2011. Not that bad of a ratio for hits/misses. Some guys have done better outside of Baltimore, like Darian Stewart, one of the best FA bargains in recent years. Oher sucked in TEN but probably had his best year in Carolina.

You're right about paying part. That's why I wouldn't trade much for him. Been inconsistent so far and Ravens Dline has already lost Lawrence Guy. Should be bit of a red flag if they are shopping him imo.