Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Possible 2 Gap NT's to Target in 5th Round

It looks like all the NT prospects with early round talent are on the smallish side in terms of height, weight, or both.  Just looks like a whole bunch of DL3T's to me.  I did notice a couple big boys listed on drafttek that should still be available in the 5th.  I can't honestly say I know anything about them, but the 2 bigs I am referring to are;

1) Josh Toupu    6' 3"  362 Lbs   Colorado

2)  Josh Augusta 6' 4"  365 Lbs    Missouri

What do you think?  I know NT is a position of extreme need barring a FA signing of Hankins.  I almost wish we could get both of them and see if either one of them can hold up against the run or, if alternatively, they are more in the mold of Montori Hughes. 

Well, nevermind, looks they are both slow and can only make plays if the ball carrier is right beside them.  But, I think Stevie Tu'Ikolovatu might be an option.  Compares to Brandon Williams.

Toupu and Augusta are just 2 really big guys. Other than purely eating up space,  they're pretty much useless. They lack the strength or quickness to make any sort of plays unless it's right at them.

I'd much prefer Stevie Tu'Ikolovatu, as he's more of a true NT.

9 hours ago, Shive said:

Toupu and Augusta are just 2 really big guys. Other than purely eating up space,  they're pretty much useless. They lack the strength or quickness to make any sort of plays unless it's right at them.

I'd much prefer Stevie Tu'Ikolovatu, as he's more of a true NT.

Ha, speaking of that...I remember when Draftwired had a HUGE (pun intended) typo a month ago. They listed Josh Tupou's weight as "3345" instead of "335".

1 hour ago, ar1888 said:

I think Elijah Qualls from Washington, or Dalvin Tomlinson from Alabama are our best bets.  I think both will still be there in the 3rd round. 

Agree 100%. Qualls is a beast and still has some quickness to his game. Tomlinson just isn't being moved point blank 

Would be nice to go after Hankins, after saving 5 mil from cutting Art it would make a lot of sense. If we draft one its gotta be Stevie T out of USC. But take that 5 mil slap 3 more on top and we have Hankins:panic:... I'm just saying

6 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Ha, speaking of that...I remember when Draftwired had a HUGE (pun intended) typo a month ago. They listed Josh Tupou's weight as "3345" instead of "335".

Nice, now that would've be a guy that could clog up mutiple lanes!!!

Qualls cannot hold the point of attack IMO. + he has some of the shortest arms of anybody of that size at the combine(shorter than Parry's whose arms are already shorter than is ideal for supposed space eater in the middle). This is what supposedly lacking strength LT Garrett Bolles did to him: