Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Award Winners Announced; Rodgers Named Mvp

bap1331

I can't believe Brees got the two. They had to have been the NO writers. Rodgers year was very Peyton circa 2004. Huge leads, just played an entirely different game than everyone else. Some games Rodgers had won in the first quarter. Had he played all 4 quarter of all 16 games, like Brees, records would have fallen. 45TDs in 502 attempts. Unreal.

I can't believe Brees got the two. They had to have been the NO writers. Rodgers year was very Peyton circa 2004. Huge leads, just played an entirely different game than everyone else. Some games Rodgers had won in the first quarter. Had he played all 4 quarter of all 16 games, like Brees, records would have fallen. 45TDs in 502 attempts. Unreal.

Brees and Payton went into stat mode IMO nearing the end of the year.

Rodgers o line was never healthy all year after the Falcons Sunday night game. The run game was iffy too. The D was ranked dead last. Rodgers was the leading rusher when they played the Giants.

An interesting little theory...

Last year, pick number one was Sam Bradford, the offensive rookie of the year.

Last year, pick number two was Ndamukong Suh, the defensive rookie of the year.

This year, pick number one was Cam Newton, the offensive rookie of the year.

This year, pick number two was Von Miller, the defensive rookie of the year.

Next year, assuming a trade up... RG3 for defensive rookie of the year? haha

Rodgers totally deserved this award.

Found this on another board, and I thinks it's pretty accurate..

"Rodgers had the higher QB rating.

Rodgers had 1 less TD pass, but Drew needed an extra 150 passes to lap him.

Rodgers had 6 INT to Brees 14.

Rodgers beat Brees head to head.

Rodgers had two games with a QB Rating under 100. One was 96.7, and the other against the Chiefs was in the 80's, a game he didn't have Greg Jennings, and his receivers had 5 drops. Brees had 5 games under 100, with a 70.8 against the Buccaneers, who ended 4-12, and a 73.0 aginst the 2-14 Rams.

Rodgers did not throw more than one pick in any game this season. Brees threw 3 picks against Tampa Bay, two against Atlanta, Houston, Jacksonville and St. Louis.

Brees averaged 8.34 yards per pass while playing 11 games indoors. Rodgers averaged 9.25 yards per pass while playing 13 games outdoors.

Both great QB's, but the points in favor of Brees winning the MVP were his yards passing (and he had the equivalent of 4 additional games worth of attempts), and his completion percentage, which was outstanding at 71.4.

Again, both great players. Brees put up the eye popping numbers. Offensive player of the Year is the right award. Rodgers was just special. MVP."

Myself, I'd say Rogers season is just as impressive as 2004 Manning, and better than 2007 Brady and 2011 Brees (obviously).

Had Rodgers played in the last game against Detroit and also not been pulled out of the 2-3 game in the 3rd or 4th quarter during the regular season, he would have broken both Marino's record (now Brees' record), Manning's record and Tom Brady's 50 TD record.

I mean Flynn threw 6 TDs against the Lions at home, at with the Rodgers had been playing all season, there is no reason to think he wouldn't. That would have secured him Manning's record and Brady's record. Had he "only" thrown for, let's say 3 or 4 TD in the last game, he could still have broken the 50 TD record, IF he had not been pulled out in those other games furing the season. I think Flynn threw a couple of TDs in those as well.

Rodgers could have broken it all, but he's not a statpadding machine like Brees and Brady. He's more like Manning. Manning was also pulled from games in 2004, including almost the entire last game against Denver. Peyton could have thrown for 53-54 TD, maybe more, that season. Brady and Brees needed all the games and more throws to break those records. They were never pulled.