Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big T's Mock Draft

I have included 3 to 4 possible players for each selection to allow flexibility due to the dynamic nature of the draft which will force teams to their 2nd or 3rd options if a team ahead of them takes one of their draft targets.

Round 1 - Forest Lamp, Reuben Foster, Haason Reddick

Round 2 - Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis, Alex Anzalone, Raekwon McMillan.  (This is assuming we take Lamp with 1st)

or Dion Dawkins, Dan Feeney (This is assuming we take an ILB with 1st)

Round 3 - Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Samaje Perine, Wayne Gallman

Round 4 - (3 picks)

Issac Rochelle, Deshon Hall, Nazair Jones (for 3-4 DE)

Shaquill Griffin, Cordrea Tankersly, Ahkello Witherspoon (for #2 CB)

Eddie Jackson, Justin Evans, Josh Harvey Clemons, Josh Jones (for safety)

Round 5 - Eddie Vanderdoes, Jaleel Johnson, Jarron Jones, Stevie Tuiklovatu (for NT)

Derrick Rivers, Trey Hendrickson, Caroll Phillips

Note:  I wish we had 2 more round 1 or 2 pick so we could get a higher caliber CB and Edge rusher..  Other than that, I would be very happy with these selections.  I don't feel like any of them are reaches that would draw negative attention from draft critics.

8 minutes ago, bigt said:

I have included 3 to 4 possible players for each selection to allow flexibility due to the dynamic nature of the draft which will force teams to their 2nd or 3rd options if a team ahead of them takes one of their draft targets.

Round 1 - Forest Lamp, Reuben Foster, Haason Reddick

Round 2 - Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis, Alex Anzalone, Raekwon McMillan.  (This is assuming we take Lamp with 1st)

or Dion Dawkins, Dan Feeney (This is assuming we take an ILB with 1st)

Round 3 - Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Samaje Perine, Wayne Gallman

Round 4 - (3 picks)

Issac Rochelle, Deshon Hall, Nazair Jones (for 3-4 DE)

Shaquill Griffin, Cordrea Tankersly, Ahkello Witherspoon (for #2 CB)

Eddie Jackson, Justin Evans, Josh Harvey Clemons, Josh Jones (for safety)

Round 5 - Eddie Vanderdoes, Jaleel Johnson, Jarron Jones, Stevie Tuiklovatu (for NT)

Derrick Rivers, Trey Hendrickson, Caroll Phillips

Note:  I wish we had 2 more round 1 or 2 pick so we could get a higher caliber CB and Edge rusher..  Other than that, I would be very happy with these selections.  I don't feel like any of them are reaches that would draw negative attention from draft critics.

Nice effort.....

Two criticisms.....

One in R3,  Mixon and Kamara should both be gone,  probably long gone by the time our pick comes around.  And the two other RB's I'm not sure I'd want to take them in the 3rd instead of a defender.    If those are our two best options in the 3rd,  then I'd rather wait until the 4th and take a back there.

The other issue to note....    is that you don't have the Colts taking a corner until our 2nd pick in the 4th round.   I think that's roughly pick 139.       I don't see that happening.    I think we'll take a corner in Day 1, or Day 2.

Otherwise, I appreciate the hard work that went into this.....    many thanks....

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice effort.....

Two criticisms.....

One in R3,  Mixon and Kamara should both be gone,  probably long gone by the time our pick comes around.  And the two other RB's I'm not sure I'd want to take them in the 3rd instead of a defender.    If those are our two best options in the 3rd,  then I'd rather wait until the 4th and take a back there.

The other issue to note....    is that you don't have the Colts taking a corner until our 2nd pick in the 4th round.   I think that's roughly pick 139.       I don't see that happening.    I think we'll take a corner in Day 1, or Day 2.

Otherwise, I appreciate the hard work that went into this.....    many thanks....

LOL, excellent critique and I think I have a good fix.  To make this happen we will have to roll with the OL we have now (Castonzo, Mewhort, Kelly, Haeg, Clark).  Then I would go.

1st round -  ILB

2nd round - Tredavious White, Teez Tabor, Kevin King, Chidube Awuzie (CB)

3rd round - Terrell Basham, Ryan Anderson, Jordan Willis  (Edge)

4th round - Perine, Gallman, Mack, Hunt

and still try to get a DE and safety with the other 2 picks

5th round - Try  to get a NT

4 hours ago, bigt said:

LOL, excellent critique and I think I have a good fix.  To make this happen we will have to roll with the OL we have now (Castonzo, Mewhort, Kelly, Haeg, Clark).  Then I would go.

1st round -  ILB

2nd round - Tredavious White, Teez Tabor, Kevin King, Chidube Awuzie (CB)

3rd round - Terrell Basham, Ryan Anderson, Jordan Willis  (Edge)

4th round - Perine, Gallman, Mack, Hunt

and still try to get a DE and safety with the other 2 picks

5th round - Try  to get a NT

Better.  I had the same thought as NCF about the RBs in the 3rd after Mixon or Kamara.  They can be found later in the 4th or 5th.

This draft seems to be loaded.  So many good players it's going to be hard to screw it up (famous last words)  I wonder if we'll feel that way in two years?

Main notes are that, on your original version, I don't like any of the 1st options on your first 3 picks (if you were doing them in order of preference).

With the holes on defense and the fact that our roster right now is lousy with OLinemen, I don't want to use our first top 15 pick in about a decade on a RG. I'd take Reddick over Foster now.

Zach Cunningham, I just don't see it. Really bad scheme fit for a 3-4. I see him as a 4-3 WILL right now. Davis would be a better fit if he's there (BIG IF). Anzalone is a legit top 60 player if he didn't have an injury history as long as my arm. Too risky that high, talk to me in the 4th. Corner would be top of my shopping list here if we filled ILB in the 1st. Although you weren't banking on filling ILB in the first so I wont criticise the double dip at ILB. Actually not too bad of an idea to be honest, anywho...

With CB saying "people that deserve to be here", I'm fairly sure he's taken Mixon's name tag off his board and thrown it off the roof of the building. Kamara should be long gone by now, but if he's there (ANOTHER BIG IF) then he's an outstanding pick.  

Eddie Jackson, Josh Jones (getting a surprising amount of top 60 buzz lately), Eddie Vanderdoes, and Stevie T are all solid picks in the 4th and after. Might also want to think about TE in the 4th, although I won't begrudge you a few more defensive pieces.  

Good effort.