Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A question for you guys.

Imrryr

I had never seen the kc vs ind wild card game before a few hours ago and in that game you see luvk dorecting from the pocket and controlling the field. Fro. What ive seen currentpy that doesnt happen anymore. Why and is there any hope that comes back.

He says in the KC/IND playoff game, Luck looks like he's directing the offense more than he does recently.

I don't know how to answer this other than over the years, people on this forum think that the offense works better when its playing from behind, because we are in the hurry up and Luck has more control.  Its been frustrating for a few years now.

this^, that game was absolutely one of the craziest i have ever seen in 35 years of watching NFL. For not only a Colts fan but one dedicated enough to be on the forum to have just seen this game is crazy. Just started following the Colts? or maybe just started following NFL? lol!

In regards the question i think they give Luck a bit of a shorter leash because if you just let him run the show out there he tends to try to extend plays to much and get injured, interceptions etc etc, but on the flip when it works he look like a magician like in the KC game

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

He says in the KC/IND playoff game, Luck looks like he's directing the offense more than he does recently.

I don't know how to answer this other than over the years, people on this forum think that the offense works better when its playing from behind, because we are in the hurry up and Luck has more control.  Its been frustrating for a few years now.

That's the best answer, Doug....

.......When we play the 'air raid' style that we used 10 years ago....

Andrew Luck is at his best....

We try to establish the run until we fall behind and then we ask Andrew to bring us from behind..which he can do most of the time....since there may only be one QB in the NFL better than him in the hurry-up scheme

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

this^, that game was absolutely one of the craziest i have ever seen in 35 years of watching NFL. For not only a Colts fan but one dedicated enough to be on the forum to have just seen this game is crazy. Just started following the Colts? or maybe just started following NFL? lol!

In regards the question i think they give Luck a bit of a shorter leash because if you just let him run the show out there he tends to try to extend plays to much and get injured, interceptions etc etc, but on the flip when it works he look like a magician like in the KC game

Had a weird few years so ive been out of the loop so im rewatching some things etc. Now that life is settling down a little for me :). I can see what youre saying there as far as the amswer goes.

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

You lost me at - "never seen the Colts vs Chiefs Wildcard game before a few hours ago."

Up until I read this thread, I didn't know that was possible. 

As i mentioned to the other guys been a weird few years for me so as things settle down im getting back into it loke the younger me wayching peyton did.

It was confidence, and momentum, sparked by some big plays.

Luck was only directing the offense during the comeback, which started with a da'rick rogers jump ball and a fumble advanced by Luck for a TD.

That being said, I was there and I was playing games on my phone at halftime, and constantly checking the weather because we had a flight that was leaving in the AM and also an impending large snow storm. We made it out on the last Delta flight out of Indy, 75% of the plane was crew.

18 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

You lost me at - "never seen the Colts vs Chiefs Wildcard game before a few hours ago."

Up until I read this thread, I didn't know that was possible. 

I've watched the whole game at least three times. One of my coworkers is a Chiefs fan and I bring this game up every chance I get haha 

My favorite part of that game was when Trent Richardson was trying to do too much in one play, and ended up fumbling. The announcer even was like, "You have to know when to get down and recognize a dead play."

After that, I'm pretty sure Trent was benched the entire game, and for some reason we ended up winning...

First off as a Colts fan I don't understand how you've never seen that game. The 2nd half of that game is probably one of the top 3 best hours of my life.

If I remember right Justin Houston was out most of, if not all of, the game. Luck was directing traffic from the pocket because I think this was also pre Marcus Peters, and KC's pass rush wasn't getting to Luck sans Houston.

Generally, Luck gets hurried a lot in the pocket or gets flushed from the pocket too much. A better Oline would do wonders for him. Also a defense that can allow less than 20 points a game. Did you know that Luck is unbeaten as a starter for us when the defense gives up less than 19 points? Giving up less points means we don't have to keep dropping Luck back 45-50 times a game to play catchup.

We'll see how CB addresses that.

On 3/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, Imrryr said:

I had never seen the kc vs ind wild card game before a few hours ago and in that game you see luvk dorecting from the pocket and controlling the field. Fro. What ive seen currentpy that doesnt happen anymore. Why and is there any hope that comes back.

Boy this is annoying.  

Luck is coming off one of the best seasons of his career statistically despite terrible protection in the early going from the OL and you have people saying he's regressing.

Do people even look up information to confirm if their *feelings* make sense in reality?  

4240 passing yards yards (8th in NFL) (3rd best of his career)

31 TD's (5th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

5.7% TD % (6th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

7.8 yards per attempt (5th in NFL) (career best)

12.3 yards per completion (5th in NFL)

96.4 passer rating (9th in the NFL) (2nd best of his career behind 2014's 96.5)

71.2 Total QBR (7th in the NFL)

4 - 4th quarter comebacks (5th in NFL)

4 - Game winning drives (6th in NFL)

His only flaw is that he's a gunslinger and has a relatively high INT % at 2.4% (20th in NFL)  But it's still the 2nd best of his career.  (He had 1.6% in 2013)

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, UKColt13 said:

First off as a Colts fan I don't understand how you've never seen that game. The 2nd half of that game is probably one of the top 3 best hours of my life.

If I remember right Justin Houston was out most of, if not all of, the game. Luck was directing traffic from the pocket because I think this was also pre Marcus Peters, and KC's pass rush wasn't getting to Luck sans Houston.

Generally, Luck gets hurried a lot in the pocket or gets flushed from the pocket too much. A better Oline would do wonders for him. Also a defense that can allow less than 20 points a game. Did you know that Luck is unbeaten as a starter for us when the defense gives up less than 19 points? Giving up less points means we don't have to keep dropping Luck back 45-50 times a game to play catchup.

We'll see how CB addresses that.

When we were down 38-10 I remember telling a friend we had KC right where we want them, don't worry we have Andrew. He thought I was nuts!

On 3/18/2017 at 3:37 PM, oldunclemark said:

I'm going to go back and look at it today again..

That first drive (I think Luck was 7 of 7) was as good an up tempo start as anything Ive ever seen 

He was terrible after that until the rally started

14 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Boy this is annoying.  

Luck is coming off one of the best seasons of his career statistically despite terrible protection in the early going from the OL and you have people saying he's regressing.

Do people even look up information to confirm if their *feelings* make sense in reality?  

His only flaw is that he's a gunslinger and has a relatively high INT % at 2.4% (20th in NFL)  But it's still the 2nd best of his career.  (He had 1.6% in 2013)

At no point did he complain about lucks ability.  He wants to know why he isn't given more control during the games.. None of the info you provided answers his question

On 3/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, achcolts said:

I've been asking the same question for the last 5 seasons. I want him to be controlling the offense all game, but maybe coaches feel he isn't ready to do so yet 

I don't care whether he controls the offense all game; the QB doesn't have to call all the plays for the offense to be successful.

I do think he should make adjustments more often, though, especially against certain coverages. I don't know if it's him or if it's the coaching, but that needs to be fixed. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Boy this is annoying.  

I never said anything about him regressing...in fact i was aware of the statistics...i simply was asking about the making adjustments at the line so im not quite sure where you are coming from.

On 3/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, Imrryr said:

Pitch on FOX tv fox baseball mlb GIF

I was with all my friends and I was wearing my Andrew luck jersey and they were just making fun of me all game even late in the 3rd quarter all until the colts finally had the momentum , I'm not too sure but I believe Robert Mathis had a huge sack at a clutch moment to help us a lot? He did do that a lot over the years. 

It was a fantastic game.  

It was the first I had attended since moving to Ohio and the first ever in LOS.  I was sitting beside a KC fan.  We were trading off buying beers, lol.  I was doing my best to be a good sport, but I was boiling inside.  He never did throw any below the belt comments, but I could tell he wanted to.  

When the game was over he had a very very sour look on his face. I stood up (huge smile), shook his hand saying thanks for the beers and said "man that Luck is something else isn't he"? "Be safe driving home tomorrow"... It was epic.

My answer is along with some others here... not too sure although I would like to see more "no-huddle" myself.  I think we move the ball more methodically and efficiently when he is not thinking so much so to speak.  He seems less worried about getting hit and most likely makes better decisions.  This year will be interesting.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

It was a fantastic game.  

It was the first I had attended since moving to Ohio and the first ever in LOS.  I was sitting beside a KC fan.  We were trading off buying beers, lol.  I was doing my best to be a good sport, but I was boiling inside.  He never did throw any below the belt comments, but I could tell he wanted to.  

When the game was over he had a very very sour look on his face. I stood up (huge smile), shook his hand saying thanks for the beers and said "man that Luck is something else isn't he"? "Be safe driving home tomorrow"... It was epic.

My answer is along with some others here... not too sure although I would like to see more "no-huddle" myself.  I think we move the ball more methodically and efficiently when he is not thinking so much so to speak.  He seems less worried about getting hit and most likely makes better decisions.  This year will be interesting.

I couldn't agree more!

Good question. I would like to see no-huddle more also. I miss the days of Manning, fast pace no-huddle games lighting up the score board and making other teams play from behind.

Does anyone have any new info on Lucks recovery from shoulder surgery?

Thought I would ask, tired of guys at work saying colt fans better be more worried about Luck being ready for the season.

Sorry to ask this question in this thread, unable to start my own right now. Not to computer smart and forum smart. I usually just come around and read every ones input on stuff hit the like button on things that I like.

On 3/18/2017 at 3:14 PM, achcolts said:

I've been asking the same question for the last 5 seasons. I want him to be controlling the offense all game, but maybe coaches feel he isn't ready to do so yet 

Fast paced offenses kind of put the defense at a disadvantage, and with the AARP defenses we've had in Luck's tenure, it hasn't really been an option to just go full-on no-huddle 100% of the time, those guys needed a lot of rest. Getting younger on defense and Luck having a full season in Chud's scheme under his belt should bode well for a more uptempo style this season.