Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts RB For The Future.

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Mixon also looks really, really good.  This I do not dispute.

The thing is, it looks like Perine can be had in the 4th, maybe even the 5th round.  To me, getting a guy that had a college career that exceeded the production of the likes of Billy Sims, Adrian Peterson, Greg Pruitt, and Joe Washington ... well, that is some super uber production!

Keep in mind that college production doesn't always equal NFL production. Some of the best college RB's (from a production standpoint) completely flopped in the NFL. It's not always what you've done, it's also how your skill-set fits in the NFL. Perine definitely isn't a bad back, but I think his 4th-5th round evaluation is pretty spot on for him. He's physical and would be great for short-yardage and goal-line situations, but he lacks the burst or play speed to be a lead back. We have Turbin that is solid in that role. We need someone that can take the reigns from Gore and I don't see Perine being able to do that.

Hunt is still one of my favorites and I'd love him in the 3rd.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the best RB at the best price in terms of round. I want a versatile guy who maybe won't rush for 1,000 yards but he'll have 1,200 all purpose yards. Ballard had something like that in KC when Charles went down. I'm looking at

-Wayne Gallman

-Brian Hill

-Semaje Perrine

-Jamal Williams

Its not a popular opinion but if we get an OL round 1, I think we can take a RB later and the OL will make that RB really good. 

12 hours ago, Rick_Grimes said:

Hunt's running style reminded me a bit of EDGE.

AGREE!

When I first watched Film of Hunt it was reminiscent of the Edge. Some things pop out that remind me of how Edge gains yards and is an effective runner. Hunt has "Got the MOVES like Edgerrin"

Three facets of his game are Edge-like in the respect of gaining yardage

1) "Forward Lean" - Hunt finishes runs going forward with Edge-like agility. On the vast majority of his runs, Hunt lands going forward and gains an additional yard or more by doing so. THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE between the two in this respect is that James would end runs with a slight dive forward and eek out 3 more yards. (Adding 1-3 yards at the end of each run makes a BIG difference towards manageable 3rd downs & overall at the end of a game with +30 touches)

2) Crafty Runs - Hunt has enough patience, very good feet, & elusive movements to avoid would-be tacklers and create something from not much. Hunt moves like Jagger; as you don't comprehend how he can string together these awesome moves though his combine results "displayed" a lesser-athlete than he is (eyeroll). Truth is he's a Smart runner who makes defenders miss and creates lots of yards making PROFESSIONAL runs. Neither runner is a speedster nor a scat back that "out-athletes" defenders, rather, they maximize each run and use their vision & feet to beat you inside or out. Oh, and won't go down with initial contact!

3) Plays on all 3 Downs - Both RBs can impact a Team in both phases of the Offense, the biggest difference is that Edge can block and Hunt needs work, like most College backs heading to the Pros. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTERQTq0qg#t=183.397667 - This was a great culmination of his career at Toledo, playing in a conference championship game vs. a good team. Hopefully it's a wonderful audition tape, displaying all 3 of these traits, that leads to his start as a Colt. One can Dream.

42 minutes ago, BlueTruth said:

AGREE!

When I first watched Film of Hunt it was reminiscent of the Edge. Some things pop out that remind me of how Edge gains yards and is an effective runner. Hunt has "Got the MOVES like Edgerrin"

Three facets of his game are Edge-like in the respect of gaining yardage

1) "Forward Lean" - Hunt finishes runs going forward with Edge-like agility. On the vast majority of his runs, Hunt lands going forward and gains an additional yard or more by doing so. THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE between the two in this respect is that James would end runs with a slight dive forward and eek out 3 more yards. (Adding 1-3 yards at the end of each run makes a BIG difference towards manageable 3rd downs & overall at the end of a game with +30 touches)

2) Crafty Runs - Hunt has enough patience, very good feet, & elusive movements to avoid would-be tacklers and create something from not much. Hunt moves like Jagger; as you don't comprehend how he can string together these awesome moves though his combine results "displayed" a lesser-athlete than he is (eyeroll). Truth is he's a Smart runner who makes defenders miss and creates lots of yards making PROFESSIONAL runs. Neither runner is a speedster nor a scat back that "out-athletes" defenders, rather, they maximize each run and use their vision & feet to beat you inside or out. Oh, and won't go down with initial contact!

3) Plays on all 3 Downs - Both RBs can impact a Team in both phases of the Offense, the biggest difference is that Edge can block and Hunt needs work, like most College backs heading to the Pros. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTERQTq0qg#t=183.397667 - This was a great culmination of his career at Toledo, playing in a conference championship game vs. a good team. Hopefully it's a wonderful audition tape, displaying all 3 of these traits, that leads to his start as a Colt. One can Dream.

I remember that game, he was awesome.  Played well in the Senior Bowl too.  He looks faster than his 40 time.

These guys from non power 5 conferences are tricky to predict.  Was he so good because of the poorer competition?  Are he and Marlon Mack the same type?

1 hour ago, HectorRoberts said:

I hate to be that guy, but if foster is gone before #15 I really like the idea of Cook in the first. I also like that boy out of Tennessee in round 3 or hunt in round 4.

The guy from Tennessee is Alvin Kamara and he'll likely be gone somewhere between the bottom of the first and the top of the 2nd.

Roughly picks 20-50.     His chances of lasting to R3 are pretty close to zero.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The guy from Tennessee is Alvin Kamara and he'll likely be gone somewhere between the bottom of the first and the top of the 2nd.

Roughly picks 20-50.     His chances of last to R3 are pretty close to zero.

Would love it if he goes between our 1st and 2nd. Gets a non-defensive pick of the way. Good player, but will be overdrafted IMO.

11 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Oklahome Sooners Career Rushing Records

Yards Attempts Touchdowns Yards Per Attempt    

Rk Player * Seasons Yards Att TD Y/A 100Y 200Y

Samaje Perine RB    2014-16    4,122    685 49    6.02    15 6
2. Billy Sims RB 1975-79 4,118 593 53 6.94 20 7
3. Joe Washington RB 1972-75 4,071 675 39 6.03 19 1
4. Adrian Peterson RB 2004-06 4,045 747 41 5.41 22 6
5. Steve Owens RB 1967-69 4,041 958 57 4.22 23 3
6. Quentin Griffin RB 1999-02 3,938 744 44 5.29 16 4
7. DeMarco Murray RB 2006-10 3,685 759 50 4.86 13 1
8. De'Mond/DeMonn Parker RB 1995-98 3,403 579 21 5.88 16 5
9. Stanley Wilson RB 1979-82 3,198 567 15 5.64 7 0
10. Greg Pruitt RB 1970-72 3,122 422     38 7.40 13 3

Here's the problem with this....

While Perine is #1 in yards rushing,  he's also pretty high in total carries as well.    685.    And the fear in the scouting community is that he's lost a lot of tread off the tires.     His average per carry was at his highest in first year and went down about a half a yard each season after that.      His best ball may be behind him.     

I like Perine....    I'm just not sure he'll get a 2nd contract from the Colts.    After the 4 years of his rookie deal,  I'm not sure how much he'll have left.     Tough way to make a living...

This draft is heavy on RB's, and will be like the WR draft in 2014 where we got Moncrief in the sense that any RB we pick here, we'd probably have to take 1 round earlier in a different draft. It will be loaded with RB's, and Ballard has to choose one here, IMO, based on that, and make sure to get one of the correct ones. Note when I say "correct", I don't mean Cook or McCaffrey in the 1st, I mean one that is a successful NFL rb.

Personally, I like Hunt, and I like McCaffrey. However, with McCaffrey going in the 1st, possibly around our pick, I'm not touching him. We just can't reach on a fast riser rb that won't help our defense, and probably won't be BPA. This is why I like Kareem Hunt. He has so many good things about him that can translate to the game well. 3rd in the nation with 163 yds per game, solid vision, great cuts, great spin moves. Can catch the ball and run. Very solid rb in the 4th round that I'd take every time. Someone we should get and I remember we were looking at in another thread.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's the problem with this....

While Perine is #1 in yards rushing,  he's also pretty high in total carries as well.    685.    And the fear in the scouting community is that he's lost a lot of tread off the tires.     His average per carry was at his highest in first year and went down about a half a yard each season after that.      His best ball may be behind him.     

I like Perine....    I'm just not sure he'll get a 2nd contract from the Colts.    After the 4 years of his rookie deal,  I'm not sure how much he'll have left.     Tough way to make a living...

Scouting community must not of looked at Adrian Peterson. Same 3 years playing at Oklahoma, with 62 more carries, and he's had a long and fruitful career. Some injuries as well, but that happens in football.

53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Scouting community must not of looked at Adrian Peterson. Same 3 years playing at Oklahoma, with 62 more carries, and he's had a long and fruitful career. Some injuries as well, but that happens in football.

Seriously?

Adrian Peterson's numbers went down his 2nd season because of a broken foot and bad ankle.   And then they went back up the next year.

You really going to try and compare Adrian Peterson, future Hall of Famer and former 7th overall pick in the draft with Samaje Perine who looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder?      Really?      Seriously?

You might want to re-think that......

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?

Adrian Peterson's numbers went down his 2nd season because of a broken foot and bad ankle.   And then they went back up the next year.

You really going to try and compare Adrian Peterson, future Hall of Famer and former 7th overall pick in the draft with Samaje Perine who looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder?      Really?      Seriously?

You might want to re-think that......

I realize that, but the carries were still close, and the injury only supports my argument. If Peterson would of played his 2nd and 3rd season fully, he would of had over 1,000 carries in college and most likely still had a hall of fame career. That's a weird stat that can't judge a player, taking the number of carries in college and translating them to how long he'll play. Much better ways to judge a player than that, especially when in today's NFL, very few players will get over 300 carries a year.

So I re-thought it, and I double down. :thmup:

P.S. It was a mix of his 2nd and 3rd season in college that was affected, not just his 2nd season. Here's the exact stats.  http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/adrian-peterson-1.html

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I realize that, but the carries were still close, and the injury only supports my argument. If Peterson would of played his 2nd and 3rd season fully, he would of had over 1,000 carries in college and most likely still had a hall of fame career. That's a weird stat that can't judge a player, taking the number of carries in college and translating them to how long he'll play. Much better ways to judge a player than that, especially when in today's NFL, very few players will get over 300 carries a year.

So I re-thought it, and I double down. :thmup:

P.S. It was a mix of his 2nd and 3rd season in college that was affected, not just his 2nd season. Here's the exact stats.  http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/adrian-peterson-1.html

Why are you trying to make a case that basically amounts to....

Adrian Peterson was able to do this....    therefor (fill in the blank) should be able to do this?

I don't get this at all.....

Adrian Peterson was able to return after just 9 months from a terrible knee injury and have a near 2,000 yard season.      Does that mean any other running back should be able to do that too?

Come on now............

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Adrian Peterson was able to do this....    therefor (fill in the blank) should be able to do this?

Adrian Peterson was able to return after just 9 months from a terrible knee injury and have a near 2,000 yard season.      Does that mean any other running back should be able to do that too?

Come on now............

You didn't mention his knee injury with the 2,000 yard season, and no, most people can't do anything close to that. I was mentioning the carries in college. You said that Perine's number of carries in college will hinder his ability to play a long time in the NFL. I'm saying that because of the new type rules where most backfields are split these days and most rbs aren't overworked, that Perine should never have more than 300 carries in a year, especially as a 4th rounder. If he's good enough, he'll have a 10 year career. Peterson just had a similar amount of carries in college and it didn't hinder the length of his career, that's the reason I brought him up, to refute the theory that a lot of carries in college doesn't mean you'll have a shorter NFL career as an rb.

If you would of brought up Leonard Fournette's stats and carries and they were really high, you would have a point, as Fournette should be a top 5 pick and he may get 350 carries a year as a franchise back that could slow him down later in his career. Someone like Perine who is a 4th rounder though? I seriously doubt it.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on now............

You have to let your hair down my friend there is magic in the air. Anything is possible. I just read where we were drafting Foster at 15. It gets better we then trade back up and take Reddick. Boom ILB is fixed? They play side by side. Who said this GM stuff was hard? FYI a lot of 6th rounders were involved in that deal. 

Personally I hope Ballard take this approach in the draft. FA has been a bust. We let a solid 2 down NT get away for 8M  Then out of all the possibilities at Edge we sign Sheard and Simon really? We were better off with Walden and Mathis. Do you think Seattle would take a future 1st for Sherman? Win now bleed blue 

31 minutes ago, akcolt said:

You have to let your hair down my friend there is magic in the air. Anything is possible. I just read where we were drafting Foster at 15. It gets better we then trade back up and take Reddick. Boom ILB is fixed? They play side by side. Who said this GM stuff was hard? FYI a lot of 6th rounders were involved in that deal. 

Personally I hope Ballard take this approach in the draft. FA has been a bust. We let a solid 2 down NT get away for 8M  Then out of all the possibilities at Edge we sign Sheard and Simon really? We were better off with Walden and Mathis. Do you think Seattle would take a future 1st for Sherman? Win now bleed blue 

LOL no. Mathis was way old and injury-decimated, unfortunately a bottom 3 OLB in the league now. Same with Trent Cole. Walden was the best OLB the team had, which isn't saying a whole lot.

Meanwhile, Simon and Sheard are not only severely underrated but young and entering their primes.

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I remember that game, he was awesome.  Played well in the Senior Bowl too.  He looks faster than his 40 time.

These guys from non power 5 conferences are tricky to predict.  Was he so good because of the poorer competition?  Are he and Marlon Mack the same type?

Not so much really.

Nitpicking, I feel Hunt differs from Mack in that Hunt runs predominantly north-south while Mack BOUNCES (out) on so many runs I'd think he was going to the NBA. Both are gifted with their ability to SEPARATE from defenders; Hunt strings moves together and exploits angles to break away & Mack ATTACKS space so quickly and jukes defenders into taking poor tackling angles or he gashes into space and makes hard cuts to separate, plus he uses a stiff arm. Another difference is that Hunt does not shy away from contact & runs low + behind his pads.

"Homer-Back" Mack is dang good, but feels like a HS running back that runs hard like a Darren McFadden. I think he'd produce a lot of good production in a Zone scheme, where he chooses his gap and goes!!  I'm sure the Spread system Mack played in allowed him to navigate through gaping holes in the Defense, while he had a stellar line that didn't get him hit in the backfield, but the competition level seems so inferior to USF's Offense it almost looked like defenders rarely set the edge against him. With Hunt's Toledo Offense I did not get that sense of competitive disparity, but your inquiry causes me to wonder how Mack will fare against NFL Defenses. Thanks! GOOD STUFF!

5 hours ago, rock8591 said:

LOL no. Mathis was way old and injury-decimated, unfortunately a bottom 3 OLB in the league now. Same with Trent Cole. Walden was the best OLB the team had, which isn't saying a whole lot.

Meanwhile, Simon and Sheard are not only severely underrated but young and entering their primes.

I realize that I was trying to have some fun with posts from other threads. According to PFF we signed the 2 best Edge defenders to change teams. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-the-10-best-edge-defenders-set-to-hit-free-agency/

On 3/17/2017 at 4:40 AM, GoColtsGo5150 said:

A sleeper I've seen and I would like us to get maybe in the 4th-5th is Jeremy McNichols from Boise State. In some ways he plays like Hunt in that they both have great balance and McNichols is an asset in the passing game so he can start out as a 3rd Back early on whilst he learns from Gore.

Would love McNichols. He'd be our 3rd down pass catching back for years to come. Were most likely not going to find our work horse back after round 3 and unless Joe Mixon is there then isn't a franchise back available. 

I'm not looking for our franchise back this year. We need D first 3 rounds, maybe an o-lineman if anything. It does happen sometimes, but most 4th round RBs dont turn into franchise backs. I'm looking for a change of pace "scat" back this year who can be a weapon receiving the ball as well as spelling Frank Gore. We brought back Turbin which I love, he needs more touches as well as being the blocking back and short yardage back. My top choices

Jeremy McNichols (4th rd)

Marlon Mack (4th rd)

Kareem Hunt (4th rd)

Donnel Pumphrey (5th rd)

Taquon Mizzell (5th rd)

Deveon Smith (5th rd)

I'm already looking at next years RB class, thing is just as deep as this year! Saquan Barkley, Darious Guice, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Bo Scarborough, Kallen Ballege(ASU), Sony Micheal, LJ Scott!! All are at worst 2nd round picks, Saquan Barkley is better then any RB this year and best since Zeke.

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You didn't mention his knee injury with the 2,000 yard season, and no, most people can't do anything close to that. I was mentioning the carries in college. You said that Perine's number of carries in college will hinder his ability to play a long time in the NFL. I'm saying that because of the new type rules where most backfields are split these days and most rbs aren't overworked, that Perine should never have more than 300 carries in a year, especially as a 4th rounder. If he's good enough, he'll have a 10 year career. Peterson just had a similar amount of carries in college and it didn't hinder the length of his career, that's the reason I brought him up, to refute the theory that a lot of carries in college doesn't mean you'll have a shorter NFL career as an rb.

If you would of brought up Leonard Fournette's stats and carries and they were really high, you would have a point, as Fournette should be a top 5 pick and he may get 350 carries a year as a franchise back that could slow him down later in his career. Someone like Perine who is a 4th rounder though? I seriously doubt it.

OK....

You continue to compare Perine to Adrian Peterson.     "Lots of carries didn't hurt Adrian Peterson,  so it won't hurt Samaje Perine so he should have a 10 year career."

We're just going to have to agree to disagree....

8 hours ago, akcolt said:

We offered Poe 5yr 60 mil as reported by Josina Anderson. He chose Atlanta Chris Ballard did not let him "get away". 

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

I'm not looking for our franchise back this year. We need D first 3 rounds, maybe an o-lineman if anything. It does happen sometimes, but most 4th round RBs dont turn into franchise backs. I'm looking for a change of pace "scat" back this year who can be a weapon receiving the ball as well as spelling Frank Gore. We brought back Turbin which I love, he needs more touches as well as being the blocking back and short yardage back. My top choices

Jeremy McNichols (4th rd)

Marlon Mack (4th rd)

Kareem Hunt (4th rd)

Donnel Pumphrey (5th rd)

Taquon Mizzell (5th rd)

Deveon Smith (5th rd)

I'm already looking at next years RB class, thing is just as deep as this year! Saquan Barkley, Darious Guice, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Bo Scarborough, Kallen Ballege(ASU), Sony Micheal, LJ Scott!! All are at worst 2nd round picks, Saquan Barkley is better then any RB this year and best since Zeke.

Love your three 4th round backs.    I'm high on them too.    Think we've got a legit shot at all three with our 1st pick in the 4th...

The 5th don't interest me at all....

And the 2018 kids while promising....    I'll reserve judgement for about 9-10 months.    Barkley is legit,  everyone else is mostly a question mark at this time.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK....

You continue to compare Perine to Adrian Peterson.     "Lots of carries didn't hurt Adrian Peterson,  so it won't hurt Samaje Perine so he should have a 10 year career."

We're just going to have to agree to disagree....

I have to agree with you. AP is a freak of nature, so using him in any discussion, especially longevity of his career based on his college & NFL carries, is a moot point. As you mentioned, he came back from a nasty ACL tear quicker than almost anyone ever has, then had his best season to date. AP is an extreme outlier and therefore shouldn't be part of the conversation.

Perine's large number of carries in college is concerning, especially for a back that isn't that fast and will most likely be run up the gut a lot in the NFL.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Love your three 4th round backs.    I'm high on them too.    Think we've got a legit shot at all three with our 1st pick in the 4th...

And the 2018 kids while promising....    I'll reserve judgement for about 9-10 months.    Barkley is legit,  everyone else is mostly a question mark at this time.

Darius Guice really impressed me in the games I've seen. He more than made up for Fournette when he was injured. 

Bo Scarborough is a monster. You gotta watch him. Played through a broken leg too if I remember correctly. 

I won't worry too much about picking up a back this draft. Go defense in this deep defensive class and then spend a high pick on a RB1 next year when it's more justifiable. 

1 hour ago, SP_21 said:

Darius Guice really impressed me in the games I've seen. He more than made up for Fournette when he was injured. 

Bo Scarborough is a monster. You gotta watch him. Played through a broken leg too if I remember correctly. 

I won't worry too much about picking up a back this draft. Go defense in this deep defensive class and then spend a high pick on a RB1 next year when it's more justifiable. 

I appreciate the view,  but I view defense as the priority for the next two to three drafts.

I don't think a year from now we'll be satisfied with where our defense is.     So, I think we'll want more play makers,  more difference makers.     So, I think we'll have the same trouble drafting a RB in the 4th in 2018 as we will in R4 of 2017.      We need a LOT of defense.

But anyone who wants to default to all defense this year gets mad props from me!     :thmup:

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yea it really falls off a cliff once you hit a certain spot in this RB class. Out of the 3 5th rounders my main dude is Taquon Mizzell, first player in ACC history to go 1500 in rushing and receiving in a year. Patient with that ability to make ppl miss. By no means an every down back but the perfect scat back. Fair enough about the kids next year, most of which are underclassmen so not even guaranteed to come out. 

4 hours ago, SP_21 said:

Preach brother!! That is exactly what we should look to do. I know we will need to continue to add more D throughout future drafts but if we improve this year and fill enough holes that would definitely justify taking a RB rd 2 maybe even rd 1 if the right guy is there. Saquan would be my dream, but any of those RBs would be a franchise work horse type back. We won't find that guy in UDFA of even in the 4th rd this year and same thing next year. 

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Yea it really falls off a cliff once you hit a certain spot in this RB class. Out of the 3 5th rounders my main dude is Taquon Mizzell, first player in ACC history to go 1500 in rushing and receiving in a year. Patient with that ability to make ppl miss. By no means an every down back but the perfect scat back. Fair enough about the kids next year, most of which are underclassmen so not even guaranteed to come out. 

As I'm sure you know,  more and more underclassman running back are turning pro.    You don't want to use up too much of your tie tread in college is the thinking...

So, while  like all of those names,  I'm not rushing to judge them because many things can happen in a year....   injuries...   or a bad offense that puts an un-do burden on the back....     things can happen with backs that you can't predict....    so while I'll like the names you listed,  I'm waiting a while to fall in love with them.   

But Barkley is the exception to the rule.    Plenty to love about him!     :heart:

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As I'm sure you know,  more and more underclassman running back are turning pro.    You don't want to use up too much of your tie tread in college is the thinking...

So, while  like all of those names,  I'm not rushing to judge them because many things can happen in a year....   injuries...   or a bad offense that puts an un-do burden on the back....     things can happen with backs that you can't predict....    so while I'll like the names you listed,  I'm waiting a while to fall in love with them.   

But Barkley is the exception to the rule.    Plenty to love about him!     :heart:

I know right:excited: crushing so hard on Barkley haha. Its a double edge sword tho, if we have a chance at landing Saquan that means were probably picking top 5 at least top 10. I'd expect almost all those guys to come out, but yes things happen and stocks rise and fall. Personally it would make this years draft a bit easier for me, I'm not worried about finding Gore's replacement this year I'm all in on D or maybe an O-lineman in the early rounds which sets me up to take one of these talented guys early next year.

On 3/17/2017 at 9:01 AM, rockywoj said:

This guy, SAMAJE PERINE from Oklahoma ... he may possibly be taken in the 4th or 5th round, based upon current projections.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/samaje-perine?id=2558138

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/top-nfl-draft-prospects-oklahomas-perine-bullish-among-loaded-rb-class/

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2017/2/16/14621698/nfl-draft-prospect-rb-samaje-perine

1. Oklahoma_logo.gif Samaje Perine*, RB, Oklahoma  
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 233. Arm: 30.38. Hand: 10.  
    40 Time: 4.65. 
    Projected Round (2017): 3-4. 

3/18/17: Perine averaged 5.4 yards per carry in 2016 for 1,060 yards with 12 touchdowns. He had 10 receptions for 106 yards, too. Perine is a physical, tough runner who was banged up in his final season and also split the workload with Joe Mixon. 

9/3/16: Perine averaged 6.0 yards per carry in 2015 for 1,349 yards with 16 touchdowns. As a receiver, he had 15 catches for 107 yards with a score. Perine was a freshman sensation in 2014, racking up 1,713 yards and 21 touchdowns. That worked out to an average of 6.5 yards per carry. Perine set the NCAA single-game rushing record with 427 yards against Kansas that season. He also had five touchdowns in that contest. Perine is a hard-nosed physical running back.

Perine all the way. The guy's balance is unreal.