Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

8 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Indiana state income tax rates are So Much Lower than California that if money is the big Issue, Raiders have to come up with millions more just to even out what the player puts in the bank with a smaller total outlay form the Colts.

We'll know more about Poe's demands in part much/how many years.  The impoortaon by who signs him and for how

Interesting that the NFL with it's huge drive for parity hasn't done something to level the playing field here.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

I really dont see why they would want to invest 30+ mil in one position and suh doesnt seem like the type to restructure his deal

Suh already restructured his deal last with Miami last year. And did that with Lions too. It would make more sense for Suh to restructure his deal, than Miami. Paycut makes no sense for Suh.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

I just feel like everyone got a million times happier when Grigson was given the boot haha

That alone should result in much better production for a handful of guys in that locker room. Anyone that has ever worked for a bad manager knows how it can keep you from doing a job to the best of your ability. 

I'm looking forward to seeing who, if anyone, takes that leap next year.

22 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

I'm getting a bit stressed out about this. Not some much if we miss out on Poe, but if we miss out of whoever is left for NT like Hankins. Ballard has shown his hand in that we want and need a true NT, if we end up with Mister Nobody.... that would be tough. 

I've been tracking on Hankins too, so far theres been little to no rumors on that front at all.  At least not that I can find publicly 

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

You'd think there'd be an "easy" fix. As long as they keep the extra money out of the owner's hands... 

I guess the easiest would be for accounting and real life purposes the contacts are all excluding and taxes and the league pays the tax. Can't see the league springing for that though... given that they don't like paying their own tax :P.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I've been tracking on Hankins too, so far theres been little to no rumors on that front at all.  At least not that I can find publicly 

There was an article I found recently, titled something like Hankins and the Disappearing Defensive Tackle Market.  He certainly isn't getting much press.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Honestly if thats all the teams hes visiting then i'm not worried. 

Its more whether Ballard is willing to take him on for just one year. Ballard has a view of developing a young defense, with a long term view, so signing Poe for one year is a waste in his eyes. I'm hoping Ballard can convince him for 2 year deal at least, but to attract Poe to sign it would cost probably 11mil a year.

Its a tricky one for CB.

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Its more whether Ballard is willing to take him on for just one year. Ballard has a view of developing a young defense, with a long term view, so signing Poe for one year is a waste in his eyes. I'm hoping Ballard can convince him for 2 year deal at least, but to attract Poe to sign it would cost probably 11mil a year.

Its a tricky one for CB.

one year deal would be tough especially next off-season with mewhort moncrief and vontae all free agents 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

one year deal would be tough especially next off-season with mewhort moncrief and vontae all free agents 

Agreed, I think his offers are something along the lines of:

ALT -> 1yr/6mil

MIA -> 1yr/8mil

IND -> 3yrs/30mil (about 12g)

JAX -> maybe the same as the Colts, but probably no offer as it makes no sense for them to sign him, never mind on a big contract.

I think the Colts might be able to work something out this week and sign him on a two year contact at like 2yrs/22mil.

16 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Agreed, I think his offers are something along the lines of:

ALT -> 1yr/6mil

MIA -> 1yr/8mil

IND -> 3yrs/30mil (about 12g)

JAX -> maybe the same as the Colts, but probably no offer as it makes no sense for them to sign him, never mind on a big contract.

I think the Colts might be able to work something out this week and sign him on a two year contact.

he probably wants 12 a year

Just now, CR91 said:

the disrespect moncrief gets is ridiculous and we dont even have a CB2 and you want davis to walk 

We should already be thinking about Vontaes replacement this draft. If we get a competent CB this draft and draft another in '18 we'll be alright. 

Its no disrespect to Moncrief it's just business. 

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

We should already be thinking about Vontaes replacement this draft. If we get a competent CB this draft and draft another in '18 we'll be alright. 

Its no disrespect to Moncrief it's just business. 

why? vontae is only 28 and moncrief isnt going to be costly. maybe 6-8 mil

Just now, CR91 said:

I'd keep Moncrief for that.

What's the issue with paying Poe then? We should have plenty of cap space in the future right? Even after extending those guys. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

the disrespect moncrief gets is ridiculous and we dont even have a CB2 and you want davis to walk 

Moncrief needs to step up his game (and attitude) if he wants the big bucks. Right now, he shouldn't command that much on the market, but for that reason exactly the Colts should look to upgrade from him. A WR upgrade in FA next year (like Ballard intended with Alshon this season) or a WR in round 1-3 in the 2018 draft is what I'm expecting.

Just now, James said:

Moncrief needs to step up his game (and attitude) if he wants the big bucks. Right now, he shouldn't command that much on the market, but for that reason exactly the Colts should look to upgrade from him. A WR upgrade in FA next year (like Ballard intended with Alshon this season) or a WR in round 1-3 in the 2018 draft is what I'm expecting.

the guy is instant td in the red zone, and attitude? you dont hear a word from him during the off-season 

3 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I'd keep Moncrief for that.

What's the issue with paying Poe then? We should have plenty of cap space in the future right? Even after extending those guys. 

mewhort and vontae will be costly thats the issue

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

the guy is instant td in the red zone, and attitude? you dont hear a word from him during the off-season 

His attitude during the season is not ideal. Acts like a proper mug on twitter and his body language during games, including towards teammates after scoring TDs, is sickening. 

For me, red zone quality is not enough. He can do some things outside the red zone, but not to a satisfactory level. I want a Reggie and Marvin-like duo. TY is there. Moncrief likely will never get there. Thus it's a position that should be upgraded. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

His attitude during the season is not ideal. Acts like a proper mug on twitter and his body language during games, including towards teammates after scoring TDs, is sickening. 

For me, red zone quality is not enough. He can do some things outside the red zone, but not to a satisfactory level. I want a Reggie and Marvin-like duo. TY is there. Moncrief likely will never get there. This it's a position that should be upgraded. 

I agree completely. I've voiced this same opinion many times on here and it always upsets people. I think we could replace Moncrief in this or next years draft and save a ton of money. 

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Vontae turns 29 before the season starts and has been dinged up for two seasons. And like you said earlier we don't have a CB2 so we already need to draft at least one. Might as well be a guy who can take over the CB1 spot in the future. 

14 minutes ago, James said:

For me, red zone quality is not enough. He can do some things outside the red zone, but not to a satisfactory level. I want a Reggie and Marvin-like duo. TY is there. Moncrief likely will never get there. Thus it's a position that should be upgraded. 

because he plays air guitar or does the shark? who cares. its a game

9 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Vontae turns 29 before the season starts and has been dinged up for two seasons. And like you said earlier we don't have a CB2 so we already need to draft at least one. Might as well be a guy who can take over the CB1 spot in the future. 

when we have one on the roster, we can discuss this again