Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

so everything i said is true?  guys like poe or hampton are rare, and sometimes we go years without seeing anyone be that good at the positon

 

just stop with the coaches dont put good players there.  they cant put a good player there if they dont exist!

 

your argument does not make sense! if what you said is true then guys like poe or hampton would not play the nose becasue they are too good and the coaches would put them somewhere else????

 

your unicorn comment is exactly what i am saying

 

As I've said twice before.....

 

You've changed the argument.

 

Filling the NT spot with a quality player isn't hard.      (Responding to your original argument)

 

Filling it with a rare player is hard.                              (Your new argument)

 

This now makes 3 times that I've said this.

 

I even noted in my first response to you that you may not have worded it exactly as you had hoped for.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

As I've said twice before.....

 

You've changed the argument.

 

Filling the NT spot with a quality player isn't hard.      (Responding to your original argument)

 

Filling it with a rare player is hard.                              (Your new argument)

 

This now makes 3 times that I've said this.

 

I even noted in my first response to you that you may not have worded it exactly as you had hoped for.

 

 

first of all

 

I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU AND YOU QUOTED ME OUT OF CONTEXT

 

yes you can find a jag to play nose tackle just like you can for any other position

 

good players there are more rare than pretty much anything else though

 

you are full of it if you think i am changing my argument.  we were not even having an argument when i made that comment

Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is if all he wants is a 1 yr. prove it deal what is taking so long?  He's had three visits and so far not a bit of news since yesterday.  How hard could it be to settle on a number on a 1 yr. deal?   I just don't get it unless he is really negotiating a long term deal filled with incentives and benchmarks that gives him the potential money he wants and the comfort of knowing he will get paid handsomely if he performs and will not have to resort to being a one year gun for hire.  Hopefully we find a way to make him a Colt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

All I can say is if all he wants is a 1 yr. prove it deal what is taking so long?  He's had three visits and so far not a bit of news since yesterday.  How hard could it be to settle on a number on a 1 yr. deal?   I just don't get it unless he is really negotiating a long term deal filled with incentives and benchmarks that gives him the potential money he wants and the comfort of knowing he will get paid handsomely if he performs and will not have to resort to being a one year gun for hire.  Hopefully we find a way to make him a Colt.

The guy is literally just waiting for the highest offer. Alls they care about is money.

 

Or he could just be pondering the place where he'd have the most individual success so he can cash in after the 1 year is expired. Two ways of looking at it.

 

If I were him I'd go to whoever already has the best linebackers/dlineman to make him look better and thus translate to mo money in the future. Who cares if a team offers a million or two less for a 1 year contract when you could potentially earn waaay more by going to the best team 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

first of all

 

I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU AND YOU QUOTED ME OUT OF CONTEXT

 

yes you can find a jag to play nose tackle just like you can for any other position

 

good players there are more rare than pretty much anything else though

 

you are full of it if you think i am changing my argument.  we were not even having an argument when i made that comment

 

You and I can drop this.     We see this issue differently and we're not going to find common ground.

 

But what I don't understand is your second sentence,  that you put into ALL CAPS.

 

Who cares that you were not talking to me?     Seriously,  who cares?     This is an internet fans message board. Everyone is free to respond to a post that they like or dislike or don't understand -- whatever.

 

So who cares that you weren't talking to me?     You posted.    I responded.     That's the way this work.

 

IF you're not happy with me,  please feel free to put me on ignore.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You and I can drop this.     We see this issue differently and we're not going to find common ground.

 

But what I don't understand is your second sentence,  that you put into ALL CAPS.

 

Who cares that you were not talking to me?     Seriously,  who cares?     This is an internet fans message board. Everyone is free to respond to a post that they like or dislike to don't understand -- whatever.

 

So who cares that you weren't talking to me?     You posted.    I responded.     That's the way this work.

 

IF you're not happy with me,  please feel free to put me on ignore.

 

Lol seriously. People don't realize what a forum means. Both in the online sense and the old Roman sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You and I can drop this.     We see this issue differently and we're not going to find common ground.

 

But what I don't understand is your second sentence,  that you put into ALL CAPS.

 

Who cares that you were not talking to me?     Seriously,  who cares?     This is an internet fans message board. Everyone is free to respond to a post that they like or dislike to don't understand -- whatever.

 

So who cares that you weren't talking to me?     You posted.    I responded.     That's the way this work.

 

IF you're not happy with me,  please feel free to put me on ignore.

 

 

This is exactly what I think of when someone uses all caps...

loud-noises.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

All I can say is if all he wants is a 1 yr. prove it deal what is taking so long?  He's had three visits and so far not a bit of news since yesterday.  How hard could it be to settle on a number on a 1 yr. deal?   I just don't get it unless he is really negotiating a long term deal filled with incentives and benchmarks that gives him the potential money he wants and the comfort of knowing he will get paid handsomely if he performs and will not have to resort to being a one year gun for hire.  Hopefully we find a way to make him a Colt.

 

I think Poe will be a Colt.

 

I think Poe is a sitting duck there for Ballard if he wants him.  But I think the reason Ballard is waiting is that he wants to get a better deal after Poe goes to the meetings. He knows Jax dont really want him and Atl cant afford him. After tomorrow Ballard, will be in the stronger negotiating position than he was last Sunday and will be able to get a better deal than what would have been possible 2 days ago. Ballard knows how to play this game, he has his principles with regards to the free agency and wont give out stupid more

 

Poe will be a Colt, or else he gets a ridiculous amount of money off someone else. The latter for me is unlikely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

 

I think Poe will be a Colt.

 

I think Poe is a sitting duck there for Ballard if he wants him.  But I think the reason Ballard is waiting is that he wants to get a better deal after Poe goes to the meetings. He knows Jax dont really want him and Atl cant afford him. After tomorrow Ballard, will be in the stronger negotiating position than he was last Sunday and will be able to get a better deal than what would have been possible 2 days ago. Ballard knows how to play this game, he has his principles with regards to the free agency and wont give out stupid more

 

Poe will be a Colt, or else he gets a ridiculous amount of money off someone else. The latter for me is unlikely.

Poe left Atl without a deal and is heading to Miami on Tuesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Poe left Atl without a deal and is heading to Miami on Tuesday

 

Just read that.  He's certainly racking up the frequent flyer miles!

 

It's kind of strange that no one is mentioning Hankins.  There was an article recently about the disappearing defensive tackle market.  Maybe Poe is not liking the numbers anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Poe left Atl without a deal and is heading to Miami on Tuesday

 

Yeah I saw that. Over the cap have the Dophins at 21mil cap space, and they have highest paid defensive tackle in the NFL on 19mil a year. I don't see the Dolphins as a suitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

He's just making rounds.  Getting treated like royalty.  Why not?  He's not in any rush to sign somewhere.  He knows he's gonna get a job.  And he doesn't really care about us fans that are waiting.

 

He probably wants to find out who has the best cafeteria. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You and I can drop this.     We see this issue differently and we're not going to find common ground.

 

But what I don't understand is your second sentence,  that you put into ALL CAPS.

 

Who cares that you were not talking to me?     Seriously,  who cares?     This is an internet fans message board. Everyone is free to respond to a post that they like or dislike or don't understand -- whatever.

 

So who cares that you weren't talking to me?     You posted.    I responded.     That's the way this work.

 

IF you're not happy with me,  please feel free to put me on ignore.

 

 

you use caps and bold letters all the time, dont try to make a big deal out of it when i do it

 

you also took me out of context and said i was wrong, and then went on to agree with most of what i was saying

 

i guess i should have said its hard to fill with a good player.  i thought it was obvious, and not worth mentioning that any position besides QB can be filled easily if you are willing to accept mediocre play

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

 

you use caps and bold letters all the time, dont try to make a big deal out of it when i do it

 

you also took me out of context and said i was wrong, and then went on to agree with most of what i was saying

 

i guess i should have said its hard to fill with a good player.  i thought it was obvious, and not worth mentioning that any position besides QB can be filled easily if you are willing to accept mediocre play

 

You and I can't even agree on what day today is,  nor what time it is.

 

I wasn't making a big deal out of you putting things into all caps,  I was simply pointing it out to you.

 

That's all.

 

(Sigh...)

 

As far as everything else,  you and I should work really, really hard at ignoring each other....   if not for just our sakes,   but for the sake of everyone else here who are tired of this...

 

Good luck....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You and I can't even agree on what day today is,  nor what time it is.

 

I wasn't making a big deal out of you putting things into all caps,  I was simply pointing it out to you.

 

That's all.

 

(Sigh...)

 

As far as everything else,  you and I should work really, really hard at ignoring each other....   if not for just our sakes,   but for the sake of everyone else here who are tired of this...

 

Good luck....

 

i can live with that, im sure you are in the running for most ignored poster on this board

 

+1 to that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Indianapolis Colts

Why it would work: Chris Ballard is the new general manager of the Indianapolis Colts and knows Poe very well, as much as Scott Pioli. Ballard has already hosted Poe for a visit and he left town, but a league source told Stephen Holder of the Indy Star that the Colts are “still in the mix” to sign him. Perhaps Poe wanted to get the full tour and hear all offers first. Perhaps Ballard wanted the market to set itself and asked for a chance to make a final offer. Either way, this connection is still very much alive.

Beyond the interpersonal familiarity, Poe makes loads of sense on the field for the Colts as well. The Colts have wasted Andrew Luck’s first few years in the NFL because they are so void of talent and depth along both lines, and Ballard knows well how to build these up. Both have been a strength for the Chiefs over the years for good reason. Expect Ballard to address both lines in the draft but to also shore them up in free agency.

The Colts have been busy signing pass rushers, including Jabaal Sheard and John Simon, but the line has largely gone untouched. David Parry is in legal trouble, and Zach Kerr signed with the Broncos. The Colts can’t just hope that Kendall Langford gets healthy given that the defensive front is poor, with or without him. Adding Poe would be a serious upgrade on a line that could use much more attention.

Why it wouldn’t work: Poe might not want to step into such a negative scenario. The Colts have offensive optimism, but the defense will be a multi-year project for Ballard. Compare the Colts to the Falcons and it’s a no-brainer in terms of overall talent, amount of pressure and potential for success.

In addition, while the Colts are very much alive among the suitors for Poe, they also let him walk. It’s impossible to know if Poe is angered by not being given a firm contract on site, but it could come into play.

Odds: 2-1

  •  
  •  
  •  
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Darn. He's probably signing with New Orleans, who has better eats then them?

 

Buffalo has wings, Philly has cheese steak, Chicago has pizza, Boston has crab, Indiana has............various fried food at the state fair........it's all good, we got this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i can live with that, im sure you are in the running for most ignored poster on this board

 

+1 to that

 

Few things would make me happier than to be the most ignored poster on this board.

 

But I'm roughly 5th in the number of total "likes",  so apparently lots of posters like what I have to say.

 

Those who don't like me work,  I'm fine with,  and I''m fine if they put me on ignore.

 

The less fighting here,  the better for everyone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Few things would make me happier than to be the most ignored poster on this board.

 

But I'm roughly 5th in the number of total "likes",  so apparently lots of posters like what I have to say.

 

Those who don't like me work,  I'm fine with,  and I''m fine if they put me on ignore.

 

The less fighting here,  the better for everyone.

 

dude you are sooooo arrogant

 

nobody care about likes in game day threads and what not

 

get over your self.  you could stop a large percentage of the fighting here by keeping your own mouth/keyboard quiet

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

dude you are sooooo arrogant

 

nobody care about likes in game day threads and what not

 

get over your self.  you could stop a large percentage of the fighting here by keeping your own mouth/keyboard quiet

 

Dude.....

 

Did you happen to notice in my last post how I said NO negative words about you.    None.

 

And you responded in kind with a flood of hateful things about me.     Lots and lots.

 

There's the difference between us.

 

I've been trying to end this for sometime and you can't let it go.

 

The issue seems to be you,  not me.

 

Get over it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

 

 

Nothing good mentioned after meeting the jags or falcons. I like our chances. Fins have less cap then the falcons and are already paying suh 19 mil

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...