Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If Ballard wants him, and the Colts get a visit with him, then he's ours. It just depends on how much Poe wants for a contract. He's someone I actually don't have a dollar figure on as of now.

Well I personally would put he and Williams pretty close together and Williams just got around $10M per year.  i can't see him getting much more than that, maybe to 11 or 12 tops.  Anything more than that is bad IMHO.

Just now, AZColt11 said:

Well I personally would put he and Williams pretty close together and Williams just got around $10M per year.  i can't see him getting much more than that, maybe to 11 or 12 tops.  Anything more than that is bad IMHO.

I honestly don't want him if he's more than Brandon Williams. He just got signed as the highest paid NT in the NFL. Poe, with his back problems, should not be signed for more. Maybe if it was a 1 year deal, but even then, I'd only like to pay him around 8-9 million.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I honestly don't want him if he's more than Brandon Williams. He just got signed as the highest paid NT in the NFL. Poe, with his back problems, should not be signed for more. Maybe if it was a 1 year deal, but even then, I'd only like to pay him around 8-9 million.

I would concur.  i really wanted Williams.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Sign Poe, Zach Brown, and Claiborne and we'll be sitting pretty.

I could get with that.  At least they are all young still.  but I would be surprised if Ballard makes a run at that many high-priced guys.  Personally, I'd be happy with just one of them.

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Does anyone know the nature of his back issues? Has he had surgery in that area? How much playing time has he missed due to his back?  

I don't think he missed much time, but his play wasn't the same this year.

I have a feeling he will sign a one year "prove it" deal with any team he signs with. 

Just now, AZColt11 said:

I could get with that.  At least they are all young still.  but I would be surprised if Ballard makes a run at that many high-priced guys.  Personally, I'd be happy with just one of them.

Yeah but with those 3, and a good draft we could actually have a GOOD D next year. Poe is a superstar. He just wasn't 100% last year. We could grab a couple EDGE rushers and another ILB in the first 3 RDS

Dontari Poe in high demand. Visits Colts Sun, JAX, ATL, OAK and MIA wants visits as well. If Indy doesn't come correct he'll be traveling

Here's the tweet, sounds like we have a golden chance to seal the deal with Poe tomorrow. Would absolutely hate to see him land in Jax.

Pay the man 8-10 million all guaranteed with 2 more million in incentives. 2 year contract. With the second year being a team option for 12-13 million year (if he pans out to be what we expect). And if he does pans out, give him a the contract he deserves.

22 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

Getting Poe would be a big splash indeed, but would his contract be "doable" and still give us enough cap for other signings?

We had what, 50ish million to spend coming into this after the Doyle contract? We've spent 8 on Sheard and about 4.5 on Simon, so we still have about 35ish million to spend. We can definitely add Poe and still have room for a couple more additions.

4 minutes ago, Beizy317 said:

Pay the man 8-10 million all guaranteed with 2 more million in incentives (First year). 2 year contract. With the second year being a team option for 12-13 million year (if he pans out to be what we expect). And if he does pans out, give him a the contract he deserves.

27 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

Getting Poe would be a big splash indeed, but would his contract be "doable" and still give us enough cap for other signings?

I'd say it would probably take us out of the Hightower race, but could probably still snag TJ Lang (OG). I could still see us re-signing Darius Butler as well.

38 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Sign Poe, Zach Brown, and Claiborne and we'll be sitting pretty.

This free agency period is going exactly as you predicted.     Which guy did we bring in that brought you back?  Was it Mingo?

Just busting your chops.   The fact poe hasn't been signed yet is curious.   Teams know something we don't.  If he leaves without a contract,  I'm good with him going elsewhere

37 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah but with those 3, and a good draft we could actually have a GOOD D next year. Poe is a superstar. He just wasn't 100% last year. We could grab a couple EDGE rushers and another ILB in the first 3 RDS

If poe was a superstar,  He wouldn't be unemployed currently

35 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Dontari Poe in high demand. Visits Colts Sun, JAX, ATL, OAK and MIA wants visits as well. If Indy doesn't come correct he'll be traveling

Here's the tweet, sounds like we have a golden chance to seal the deal with Poe tomorrow. Would absolutely hate to see him land in Jax.

I feel la canfora should never use the term "come correct" 

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

That's actually quite interesting, for my attitude is, as long as they don't utterly cash strap themselves cap-wise, which would then prevent ongoing moves to continue to improve, I really could not care less what a player is signed for, as long as he is a key signing to noticeably improve the team.  As a fan wanting to see the team WIN, I would never quibble over a guy being signed for $13M per year instead of $10M per year.  As long as that extra $3M does not strap the team, who cares, really?!

Not like the dough is coming from mine or your wallets.  lol