Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would QBs dropping help us gain picks?

I am thinking that with a weak crop of QBs, and uncertainty with their QB situation, a team picking early may want to trade back into round 1 with us (or) a team picking late may want to trade down with us.

Teams picking early wanting to get back into Round 1 if Mitch Trubisky falls (not Browns because they'd have 2 stabs at him in Round 1, IMO):

49ers, Jets

Teams picking late wanting to trade down in Round 1 if Mitch Trubisky falls:

Redskins (due to inevitability of Cousins' probably leaving), Chiefs (due to Ballard connection)

What do you think are the odds that it happens?

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am thinking that with a weak crop of QBs, and uncertainty with their QB situation, a team picking early may want to trade back into round 1 with us (or) a team picking late may want to trade down with us.

Teams picking early wanting to get back into Round 1 if Mitch Trubisky falls (not Browns because they'd have 2 stabs at him in Round 1, IMO):

49ers, Jets

Teams picking late wanting to trade down in Round 1 if Mitch Trubisky falls:

Redskins (due to inevitability of Cousins' probably leaving), Chiefs (due to Ballard connection)

What do you think are the odds that it happens?

I think the Browns are going to trade with NE and they will get Garrapolo  so they wont be in the market

16 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I see it as an unlikely scenario.  

If you believe in a QB you are going to get him prior to #15 or you are hoping to snatch him in the late 1st or early 2nd.  

The middle of the first round I don't think is a good place for that.  

Unless someone believes the Redskins will get him and would like to move ahead of #17 to get their QB. That is the only possibility that I can think of right now.