Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy Review...from A Baltimore Sports Writer!

TubaGuy

Thanks for sharing the article Tuba! Yes the weather cooperated, but I think it has been a SUPER show! I still laugh at the heat of the awesome shrimp cocktail at St Elmo's. Gotta love good Horseradish!!! Not if the Giants can beat the Patriots life would be good!!

lol....what a twerp. I like when he was on 465 and pointed the camera toward our city and commented "Thats the whole city right there", in reference to how small it is. Has this twerp not seen Baltimore?

baltimore1.jpg

wow...so much bigger?!?!?

Are you kidding? dude breaks out a camera in Balt. he will get mugged in a matter of seconds....

Are you kidding? dude breaks out a camera in Balt. he will get mugged in a matter of seconds....

Honestly, this is no different than people here complaining about how people from Baltimore misrepresent Indy. I live just north of Baltimore, have for 25 years. I have never had an issue while in Baltimore, and I'm there with my family constantly. Like any city, there are some areas you tend to shy away from, but even then, we don't completely avoid them. Are the people generally as nice as in the midwest? Absolutely not, but that doesn't make them terrible people. Try not to lower yourself to the "East Coast mentality".

Honestly, this is no different than people here complaining about how people from Baltimore misrepresent Indy. I live just north of Baltimore, have for 25 years. I have never had an issue while in Baltimore, and I'm there with my family constantly. Like any city, there are some areas you tend to shy away from, but even then, we don't completely avoid them. Are the people generally as nice as in the midwest? Absolutely not, but that doesn't make them terrible people. Try not to lower yourself to the "East Coast mentality".

Sarcasm is a "midwestern" thing... obviously...

I have to say Indy did a great job hosting this event. Frankly we have one large advantage most other cites don't and that's how compact our downtown is. The guy in Baltimore can call it samll if he wants to but frankly it worked to our advantage. Once again Indianapolis proves it knows how to do a big event. I think we'll become the "midwest" city for the Super Bowl. It seems like once every 10 years or so they want to go to midwest city with a trip detroit in the 80's, Minnestoa in the 90's, back to Detroit in the 2000's and now Indy in 2012. The fact we have an indoor stadium and other than the previous two cities I mentioned we are really the only indoor stadium in the midwest (ouside of St. Louis but I don't think that stadium can host a Super Bowl as it is now) that will help. Add to that how compact the city is even if we have bad weather I think that'll get us a game in the future.