Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12isthenew18

Would you give Dontari Poe the contract baltimore just gave Brandom Williams?

Recommended Posts

No. KC's run defense last year wasn't as good as most think for one and two, he has a concerning back issue. As matter of fact as I type this, roto just reported he may have to settle for 1 year prove it because of this. If Hankins can anchor a 3-4 NT, I would make a run at him. Hankins is much more of a pocket pusher/rush guy and poe is a space eater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

do that and plus have enough for draft picks. 

Yup. Keep that 7m for draft picks/ emergency signings. 

 

Cut Colquitt - 4.1M

Restructure Maclin (turning a chunk of his salary into a bonus that is spread over his contract) - 7-8M

Cut Derrick Johnson - 2M (he is 34 and coming off a ruptured achilles)

 

Right there should be more than enough money to sign Poe. If they cant keep Poe for 13-14M then something is seriously wrong. I didnt come up with this. This was on the chiefs message board a few weeks ago talking about how they can sign berry and slap the franchise tag on Poe. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Yup. Keep that 7m for draft picks/ emergency signings. 

 

Cut Colquitt - 4.1M

Restructure Maclin (turning a chunk of his salary into a bonus that is spread over his contract) - 7-8M

Cut Derrick Johnson - 2M (he is 34 and coming off a ruptured achilles)

 

Right there should be more than enough money to sign Poe. If they cant keep Poe for 13-14M then something is seriously wrong. I didnt come up with this. This was on the chiefs message board a few weeks ago talking about how they can sign berry and slap the franchise tag on Poe. 

 

 

wonder why they didnt do that, and we dont seem to be "going after" him?  Maybe Ballard knows something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Virtuoso80 said:

wonder why they didnt do that, and we dont seem to be "going after" him?  Maybe Ballard knows something.

Well KC has a capable backup ready to replace him for starters. But I think his back issues and his production vs what he wants as compensation are serious factors right now. Chances are we made a call to Poe's agent and are waiting for the market on him to die down before he accepts a lesser offer from us on a 1 yr prove it deal. That is my hope anyways. If we can get him for a year at 6-8M it would be a steal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Well KC has a capable backup ready to replace him for starters. But I think his back issues and his production vs what he wants as compensation are serious factors right now. Chances are we made a call to Poe's agent and are waiting for the market on him to die down before he accepts a lesser offer from us on a 1 yr prove it deal. That is my hope anyways. If we can get him for a year at 6-8M it would be a steal. 

I forgot about that guy, Chris Jones correct? Makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Indeee said:

No. KC's run defense last year wasn't as good as most think for one and two, he has a concerning back issue. As matter of fact as I type this, roto just reported he may have to settle for 1 year prove it because of this. If Hankins can anchor a 3-4 NT, I would make a run at him. Hankins is much more of a pocket pusher/rush guy and poe is a space eater

Hankins seems like more of a 3 tech than a NT. I think he'd be more along the lines of Kerr or McGill than a true NT. Damon Harrison was the run-stuffing difference-making NT last season. Hankins was usually the undertackle and provided interior pressure. I also think he's better suited for a 4-3 front, not being an anchor in a 3-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NT I'm interested at this point is Bennie Logan. He didn't have the best season last year in Philly with the change to a 4-3 front, but would be a solid NT in a 3-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...