Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts noise?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we just had in mind the max we'd offer and got outbid.  But the only one making noise about the Colts are the media and the people on here fanning the flame.  The guy doing the negotiating said they woudln't be huge players in FA and he's doing exactly what he said he'd do.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Or we just had in mind the max we'd offer and got outbid.  But the only one making noise about the Colts are the media and the people on here fanning the flame.  The guy doing the negotiating said they woudln't be huge players in FA and he's doing exactly what he said he'd do.

You cant not spend most of the salary cap though he will have to do something.

12 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

And I think signing just average free agents is dumb. 

Just now, BlueCollarColts said:

Hopefully we're working hard on Poe.

Yes but we need more than Poe. We need Hightower or Sheard, and a corner or safety. Really all of those but at least a young pass rusher. 

3 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Honestly our free agents are all expendable outside of Butler, who would be expendable if we had any sort of depth or versatility on the team haha

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Yes but we need more than Poe. We need Hightower or Sheard, and a corner or safety. Really all of those but at least a young pass rusher. 

Too bad we couldn't trade for Richardson and somehow move up in the draft and snag Foster. Then sign Poe.

6 minutes ago, Rick_Grimes said:

If we could sign Poe to clog the middle and Hightower. Send a 2nd round pick for Sheldon Richardson. Draft either a corner or RB RD 1.

Whatever we do.. this defense is terrible.. and we need to add some talent asap.

Luck needs a defense already.

I would love that. But sounds like Tennessee is gonna get Hightower if NE doesn't. Poe seems like our best chance. Richardson could probably be had for a 3rd honestly. 

8 minutes ago, Rick_Grimes said:

If we could sign Poe to clog the middle and Hightower. Send a 2nd round pick for Sheldon Richardson. Draft either a corner or RB RD 1.

Whatever we do.. this defense is terrible.. and we need to add some talent asap.

Luck needs a defense already.

No way I'd bring in Richardson. He needs a new contract that would cost us WAY too much for a guy that is 1 failed drug test away from missing an entire season. That's not even factoring in the driving 140+ with a kid in the car, guns on the floorboard, and the car smelling like weed. All of which happened roughly a week after his 4 game suspension was announced for failing the drug test...

Hard pass.

With Zeitler, Leary, and Worford already off the market... Lang is still there but reportedly being pursued by Seattle and Detroit (no mention of the Colts). I'm worried about our O-line again. No upgrade? Seriously? So we're rolling in with the 2 relatively unproven second year guys on the right side inked in starters? Don't like it. 

19 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

There's still plenty of free agents available, just perhaps not the ones costing a bunch of money.

14 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Well, the franchises that win most are the ones that do what you call dumb.  They sign smart money contracts and don't dole out huge contracts to other players from other teams.

15 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

There's still plenty of free agents available, just perhaps not the ones costing a bunch of money.

10 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Well, the franchises that win most are the ones that do what you call dumb.  They sign smart money contracts and don't dole out huge contracts to other players.

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Well, the franchises that win most are the ones that do what you call dumb.  They sign smart money contracts and don't dole out huge contracts to other players from other teams.

Well the franchises that win the most don't have an overall team talent like the colts...

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He has too, too much money not to sign anyone.

Yeah I wouldnt be one to advocate spending alot of money, but the roster is very depleted in some areas. Like for example, the only signed LBer's are Jackson Morrison and Ayers. He has no choice but to spend money and I'm sure he will.

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Well the franchises that win the most don't have an overall team talent like the colts...

Well they didn't get there by spending a ton of money in free agency either.  No matter how you look at it, going on a shopping spree isn't how you build a winning organization.

5 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Yeah I wouldnt be one to advocate spending alot of money, but the roster is very depleted in some areas. Like for example, the only signed LBer's are Jackson Morrison and Ayers. He has no choice but to spend money and I'm sure he will.

There is a rule that you have to spend so much so he's going to have to spend some.  Not to mention they have to field a team next year and they need more than six or seven draft picks to do that.

right now it sounds like the Colts might have finished second on some guys and are probably going back to the drawing board based on what's left.  

35 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Honestly our free agents are all expendable outside of Butler, who would be expendable if we had any sort of depth or versatility on the team haha

29 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Other than Walden, let the rest walk they stink

And here we can't even agree because I actually liked Turbin. I'm down for bringing Butler back, and Walden having a good year in the last year of his contract puts us in a tough position.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

You do and you don't.  The whole 89% rule thing - the new 4 year cycle starts this year I believe.

So whatever needs to be spent to meet that floor only needs to be spent by 2020. 

I expect the Colts to spend some money this offseason, but just because they have cap space doesn't mean they have to use it right now.

24 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

League rules state you have to spend a certain percentage of the cap every season so we will have to sign somebody to a deal at some point.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

So whatever needs to be spent to meet that floor only needs to be spent by 2020. 

I expect the Colts to spend some money this offseason, but just because they have cap space doesn't mean they have to use it right now.

I agree. I was just making the point in the broader sense, not the stricter one. If the Ballard draft as well as we hope, we won't have a problem ends we won't have to spend money on free agents we didn't draft.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There is a rule that you have to spend so much so he's going to have to spend some.  Not to mention they have to field a team next year and they need more than six or seven draft picks to do that.

right now it sounds like the Colts might have finished second on some guys and are probably going back to the drawing board based on what's left.  

I think its hard to know whether we came 'second' or just Ballard didn't want to spend 14mil/yr on Jeffrey, 12mil/yr on Zeitler or 13mil/yr on Bouye. It's hard not to blame him. 

17 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Well they didn't get there by spending a ton of money in free agency either.  No matter how you look at it, going on a shopping spree isn't how you build a winning organization.

I agree to an extent. I'm not asking the colts to pay someone 30 million dollars. But if you want a good player, you have to pay for them. Hightower, Poe, Williams, Wagner, Jeffery(I would have offered 3,36 million) and Gilmore were all worth what they got IMO.