Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Luck

Zeitler to the Browns

Huge money for a guard.   The Brown's have a great o line on paper.  Still no qb, 

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

12 mil/year was true...wow  31.5 guaranteed.

And now they have one of the best lines in football.

Thomas, Bitonio, Tretter, Zeitler, Pasztor

1 minute ago, Legend of Luck said:

That is a nice but expensive line.  I would take it though.  They still need t o sign Pasztor though right?

3 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

Yep....but for how long....by the time they get a qb and groom him those guys will be long gone. I feel like this is in preparation of taking care of a young qb and getting the running game going. They have neglected their defense though.

Just now, DaColts85 said:

That is a nice but expensive line.  I would take it though.  They still need t o sign Pasztor though right?

I'm not sure. I think he's still under contract.

1 minute ago, Legend of Luck said:

Yep, except that they don't know if the guy they protect is any good enough. :) 

Go on, take the money and run, woohoohoo...Steve Miller Band was right. :) 

4 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

Not sure it matters

Just now, dgambill said:

Yep....but for how long....by the time they get a qb and groom him those guys will be long gone. I feel like this is in preparation of taking care of a young qb and getting the running game going.

It could take a while. But, I just wish we could say that we had one of the best lines in the game with Andrew in his prime...

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep....but for how long....by the time they get a qb and groom him those guys will be long gone. I feel like this is in preparation of taking care of a young qb and getting the running game going. They have neglected their defense though.

You never know.  They might trade for Jimmy G or draft a guy that pans out.  They have a mediocre RB and only one real threat at WR.  They need more offensive and defensive help than just a stout o-line.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They do still have a lot of picks in this draft

12 mil per year is a reach but the Browns could afford that. I think he was legitimately worth maybe 10 mil. Maybe we can snag T.J. Lang? I still think it's ridiculous our O-line has been below average for so many years straight. 

Ballard needs to make a move and add someone. This team desperately needs to give Luck more time and be able to run the ball.

33 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

He's getting 5 years, 60 million.

Bring on TJ Lang...

How good is Lang?

There is always one or two teams that completely destroys the realistic worth of positional players every Free Agency period.  Here is a perfect example of it, that is LT money and you spend it on a Guard?  Now Guard and Tackle prices will be driven higher because of this.  It is the never ending cycle of garbage teams way overspending to get top FA's, because they can't get them otherwise, and continuously redefining positional worth.  12 million for a Guard....geez!

23 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

You never know.  They might trade for Jimmy G or draft a guy that pans out.  They have a mediocre RB and only one real threat at WR.  They need more offensive and defensive help than just a stout o-line.

Yep...they need LOTS of help....but if you are going to build somewhere than on the OL is as good as any. Any young qb would likely have the chance to have some extra time to sit in the pocket and hopefully a strong run game....give them time to develop. Money has to go somewhere I suppose....they were only like 100 million under the cap.