Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Would Embrace The Change To Learn From Peyton

unitaswestand

This is the kind of thing I want to hear...A Pey-Luck combo cant work unless both sides are publically on board.

If Luck keeps talking like this, everything's going to work out......

"The possibility of being on the same roster as Manning: "One, Peyton is the best, arguably the best. As a kid growing up, he was my football hero. If the opportunity was such that I had a chance to play with him and learn with Peyton, I totally embrace that."

How long he could sit behind Manning? "It's too early to say. I'm not going to make an ultimatum on anything."

I agree.If I had a player on my team content to be a backup, I wouldn't have him. And I coach football (high school). But Luck isn't stupid. He can learn from Manning for a couple of years, then be with a team and organization that is top flight. Beats the heck out of being in Miami and being a losing team for 10 years.

I don't think it's "contentment." I think it's an opportunity. Virtually no one gets to start at the top of the world in their profession. There's always a learning curve. Some learn by fire, some by study, others through patience.

I wasn't on board with it a few months ago, but now I hope we keep Manning, draft Luck, and go with plan A all along.

I agree.If I had a player on my team content to be a backup, I wouldn't have him. And I coach football (high school). But Luck isn't stupid. He can learn from Manning for a couple of years, then be with a team and organization that is top flight. Beats the heck out of being in Miami and being a losing team for 10 years.

That's what he'll understand ...UWS...

Indy is a perfect scenario for a great passing QB....

Indoors...... warm wearther foes.....we have receivers..we just drafted 2/5 of a new line last year...

..and he gets a 'honeymoon' he wont be sacked 6 times a game and become Jimmy Claussen..

That's what he'll understand ...UWS...

Indy is a perfect scenario for a great passing QB....

Indoors...... warm wearther foes.....we have receivers..we just drafted 2/5 of a new line last year...

..and he gets a 'honeymoon' he wont be sacked 6 times a game and become Jimmy Claussen..

It could be very well the Colts lose their 2 top WR's in F/A. . .Just saying.

True..but that still leaves Collie. And Clark and Tamme and what's his name?..Anthony Gonzales (did he used to play)

...and the Blair White experience....

we're deep at WR...

You're gonna like it here, Andrew..

Gonzo and Tamme are F/A's

if we look away from F/A's and re-signings, the WR core will look like this -> Clark (TE), Collie, White, Eldrige?(not sure)

Not so good now. . .also considering the Colts have had a lot of injuries with Clark and Collie lately so if one of them goes down, now we are super thin. I know obviously the Colts can re-sign Wayne OR Mathis OR go to the draft/F/A but just showing you how thin the core is without the FA's.

Bring Manning back and let Luck learn. If Luck don't like it then oh well. Peyton has given us a 110% and so should Luck. If Luck is smart he will Learn how to become not only good but great. IMO Luck is special but untested. Peyton is already tested and he has a special place in Indianapolis and deserves 110% of Irsays loyalty.

I don't think it's "contentment." I think it's an opportunity. Virtually no one gets to start at the top of the world in their profession. There's always a learning curve. Some learn by fire, some by study, others through patience.

I wasn't on board with it a few months ago, but now I hope we keep Manning, draft Luck, and go with plan A all along.

Oh crap, someone hacked doogan's account.

:)

This I totaly agree with!!

It is all about leverage. The No.1 pick, unless the owner of the team with that pick chooses to be an *, has some leverage if he and his agent want to use it. Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers did not have that kind of leverage. Go ask A.J.Smith if he is still bitter about Eli. Oh yes, he is!!!

We all like the utopia of Manning and Luck co-existing but it will end up being one or the other.

A Manning-Irsay divorce or a John Elway Part II is inevitable, IMO. I am getting ready for it. Anything to the contrary will be a pleasant surprise to me, pleasant nevertheless.

It is all about leverage. The No.1 pick, unless the owner of the team with that pick chooses to be an *, has some leverage if he and his agent want to use it. Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers did not have that kind of leverage. Go ask A.J.Smith if he is still bitter about Eli. Oh yes, he is!!!

We all like the utopia of Manning and Luck co-existing but it will end up being one or the other.

A Manning-Irsay divorce or a John Elway Part II is inevitable, IMO. I am getting ready for it. Anything to the contrary will be a pleasant surprise to me, pleasant nevertheless.

Agree