Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rapoport: Colts and Eagles making strong push for Alshon Jeffery (Merged)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

He thinks he's a #1, and he was, often, so he'll chase money not opportunity.  I predict 49ers and something obscene like $12.5 million a year. 

Wow, Eagles and $14 million for 1 year.  Even my use of the word obscene wasn't sufficient.  So what in God's name was the Colts pitch?  I sure as heck hope we weren't in the neighborhood, and the reference to our involvement was simply calling him to wish him well in free agency.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865864/former-chicago-bears-wr-alshon-jeffery-going-philadelphia-eagles

2 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Alshon jeffery?????

http://ind.247sports.com/Bolt/Colts-Eagles-reportedly-showing-interest-in-WR-Alshon-Jeffery-51682946

He's a good WR but it's not a need at the moment I need them to focus on the defense

Why do people keep saying this receiver is a need maybe not need as bad as OLB ILB but it is defiantly need . A big bodied talented receiver could take Luck to a whole new level .

This is a weird story to me....

When I first heard that Jeffrey signed for 14 million,  I assumed that mean 5/70,  14 Mill PER.

Nope.

He signed a ONE YEAR DEAL for 14 Million.

So,  if it's true that Ballard and the Colts were really in on the bidding, why didn't Ballard through in 500k more and get the guy on a 1-year deal.     For a one year, make it, prove your worth contract,  I'd have taken Jeffrey and I'm not really a fan of his.    But if Ballard really is a fan,  then why didn't he sign him to a 1-year deal.

I confess this is a head scratcher to me.     Doesn't add up.     It almost makes me think we weren't really in on Jeffrey at all and the rumor was tossed out there to generate more interest and competition.    

To me,  it feels like a piece or two of the puzzle are missing.....

Please no he too injury prone and we already have a high payed wr ,plus moncrief is a beast #feedmoncrief 

We need wide receivers. Were depending on 2 receivers to take all the load. Moncrief was hurt half the year and hilton was hurt for some. We need depth.

Sent from my SM-G935T *

Adding Jeffrey doesn't mean we won't get some defensive help.

We still gotta add talent around Luck.

An Elite WR and give him a stud RB..

And just keep building the D.

We pick up jeffery. Pick up rookie wrs and have jefferey and hilton mentor them.

Sent from my SM-G935T *