Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Perry [Merge]

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Shive said:

I can get Perry. He seems like an ascending talent, as does Bouye, but the sudden production in their contract years is a concern for me. Given the positional strength in the draft, I'd be ok with taking a risk on Perry, but there's no way I'd pay the premium it would take to get Bouye when there are rookies in the draft with similar bodies of work.

Also remember that getting big time FA's usually doesn't equal success. Sorry for beating a dead horse, but this isn't Madden.

Please explain how anyone in the draft has a similar body of work as Bouye.

3 minutes ago, wig said:

Please explain how anyone in the draft has a similar body of work as Bouye.

Bouye had one great season, in a contract year. That's not much to work with. For me, you could pay a high price for a 1 year wonder that may never have a season like that again, or you could draft one of the absurdly gifted CB's in this draft that would cost peanuts.

8 minutes ago, Shive said:

Bouye had one great season, in a contract year. That's not much to work with. For me, you could pay a high price for a 1 year wonder that may never have a season like that again, or you could draft one of the absurdly gifted CB's in this draft that would cost peanuts.

You didn't answer the question. 

1 minute ago, Boomstick1 said:

I don't understand the hype for Nick Perry.

From a few posters on here, I've gathered that Perry looked the part last season and you could tell he finally put things together. I never thought too much of him because he was such a non-factor his first few seasons. Apparently he is viewed as an ascending talent, very much like Bouye. Again, the concern is all of sudden having a good performance in a contract year.

3 minutes ago, wig said:

You didn't answer the question. 

What I meant by a similar body of work is that he had a great season in a contract year. Beyond 1 year, he's quite an unknown, which is essentially what you get with a rookie. It may have been a poor choice of words..

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If Indy signed him I just pray and hope it's not 10 mil per year plus. He's good but he's not worth elite pass rusher money. 

That's not really elite pass rusher money 

9 hours ago, Shive said:

I can get Perry. He seems like an ascending talent, as does Bouye, but the sudden production in their contract years is a concern for me. Given the positional strength in the draft, I'd be ok with taking a risk on Perry, but there's no way I'd pay the premium it would take to get Bouye when there are rookies in the draft with similar bodies of work.

Also remember that getting big time FA's usually doesn't equal success. Sorry for beating a dead horse, but this isn't Madden.

Honestly I'd rather have Gilmore for 2 or 3 million cheaper per year. 

9 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Or everyone just links us to all of em because our roster sucks so bad

Anyway I'd prefer to spend our money on proven guys, not potential one year wonders like Perry and Bouye.  I feel very confident that Bouye is gonna be an expensive bust for someone.

Yeah the roster sucks about as bad as a banana bucket infested with. . . . . . . . .  Brazilian Wandering Spiders.

hqdefault_zpse0tdyi1u.jpg

LOTS of work to do. IMO

But I suck so maybe it's not as bad as I think. . . . .

The hype for Nick Perry is he's an ascending player who's just starting to tap into his potential these last couple years. He had what? 11 or 12? sacks this year and he missed 2-3 games, and was injured toward the end of the year. He would have had over 15 if it weren't for being hurt, and IMO would have led the league (Beasley Jr. had what? 15.5?). Perry would have been right there. He was one of the best EDGE rushers in the NFL. He was just a late bloomer. But his best years will be on this contract and take it to the bank. Remember everyone thinking Minnesota was insane for giving Griffin big money? Look now. Griffin's a beast and Nick Perry's turning into a top 10 EDGE rusher. I could see him putting up 15 or 16 with a crap ton of hits and hurries this coming year. Pair him with a beast like Takk McKinley and its on with the pass rush. But no. Nobody wants to sign here. We'll probably sign John Simon and Kevin Minter lmao HAHAHAHA. Wait on it. Bet on it. We're bringing in some ballers. Prediction - 2 major signings, 1 mid tier signing (money wise)

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

The hype for Nick Perry is he's an ascending player who's just starting to tap into his potential these last couple years. He had what? 11 or 12? sacks this year and he missed 2-3 games, and was injured toward the end of the year. He would have had over 15 if it weren't for being hurt, and IMO would have led the league (Beasley Jr. had what? 15.5?). Perry would have been right there. He was one of the best EDGE rushers in the NFL. He was just a late bloomer. But his best years will be on this contract and take it to the bank. Remember everyone thinking Minnesota was insane for giving Griffin big money? Look now. Griffin's a beast and Nick Perry's turning into a top 10 EDGE rusher. I could see him putting up 15 or 16 with a crap ton of hits and hurries this coming year. Pair him with a beast like Takk McKinley and its on with the pass rush. But no. Nobody wants to sign here. We'll probably sign John Simon and Kevin Minter lmao HAHAHAHA. Wait on it. Bet on it. We're bringing in some ballers. Prediction - 2 major signings, 1 mid tier signing (money wise)

Anyone that really knew the Vikings (my dad's a diehard Vikings fan) knew Griffin was an animal.

If we get Perry, I sure hope you're right about him (pretty sure you're the one that slightly convinced me about him).

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Oliver Vernon followed a similar track  - meddling first 3 or 4 years, one heck of a contract year - and got paid a ton. Dont go thinking you are getting Perry on the cheap. He may be less, but i doubt very much he will be a steal.

We are looking at 20-25M a year for Perry and Buoye I would rather sign Simon(26) 4-6M SAM Okafor(26) Edge 2-4M  and Hodges ILB.(26) 4-5M. We could still add Supe's CB Webster 3.5M a year and have money for a RG for what we are looking at giving 2 one year wonders.

Walden had 11 sacks last year Alexander hit double digits for Buffalo It was a strange year.  

6 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

On JMV today one of the Colts reporters, can't remember who, was saying he heard the Colts are looking for a corner.

LOL, we should be looking for just about any defense position! I don't think Ballard and the rest of FO is getting much sleep this week. :rock:

25 minutes ago, stitches said:

Let the Ballard is a horrible GM riot act begin!!! Just because he didn't force Perry to sign with the Colts. On the other hand it feels this free agency is gonna turn out just how I've kinda thought. Maybe 1 big signing and 2-3 mid/low level signings. I'm just glad I never got my hopes up for anything, so there will be no fit pitching from me.

20 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

So now its been rumored we're in on Perry, Bouye, Baker, and Zeitler. I mean it was obvious we would be aggressive. We'll sign a couple of the big names. And YES big names meaning big time players. Give me Perry and Bouye and Alan Branch.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/7/14849674/report-colts-very-interested-in-nick-perry-free-agency-2017

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/03/07/report-colts-interested-packers-pass-rusher-nick-perry/

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Colts-very-interested-in-signing-Nick-Perry-51664407

BOO YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like he's staying in Green Bay......

3 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Let the Ballard is a horrible GM riot act begin!!! Just because he didn't force Perry to sign with the Colts. On the other hand it feels this free agency is gonna turn out just how I've kinda thought. Maybe 1 big signing and 2-3 mid/low level signings. I'm just glad I never got my hopes up for anything, so there will be no fit pitching from me.

Wait till you hear we are in on the Alshon Jeffery stakes:

Now we need the pitchforks.