Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Perry [Merge]

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Shive said:

I can get Perry. He seems like an ascending talent, as does Bouye, but the sudden production in their contract years is a concern for me. Given the positional strength in the draft, I'd be ok with taking a risk on Perry, but there's no way I'd pay the premium it would take to get Bouye when there are rookies in the draft with similar bodies of work.

Also remember that getting big time FA's usually doesn't equal success. Sorry for beating a dead horse, but this isn't Madden.

How could a rookie have similar bodies of work if they are not in the NFL? These are still pre-drafted collegiate players who haven't ran through an NFL tunnel yet so we cant say that they have a body of work at all.

remember there is a difference between college football and NFL football, where all the players are grown men who could be your father nearly.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

The thing is... I actually think we need a WR like Jeffery. For the right price. I am not sure he will be available for the right price though.

You dont want Alshon Jeffery at $15 mil a year...

........good numbers but he plays when he feels like it

Just now, stitches said:

The thing is... I actually think we need a WR like Jeffery. For the right price. I am not sure he will be available for the right price though.

We definitely could use a big body wr with good hands and wing span.

Luck's most successful seasons were with Reggie.

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

Wait till you hear we are in on the Alshon Jeffery stakes:

Now we need the pitchforks.

LOL, Ryan Grigson is still out there working the phones. "We'll give Alshon whatever he wants!" "Sweet, where do we sign....wait a minute, you don't have a job anymore, in fact you're calling from a gas station pay phone."

In all seriousness, if Jeffery were to sign with the Colts, I think it certainly means Moncrief would not get extended and might even be trade bait.

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

Wait till you hear we are in on the Alshon Jeffery stakes:

Now we need the pitchforks.

LOL, Ryan Grigson is still out there working the phones. "We'll give Alshon whatever he wants!" "Sweet, where do we sign....wait a minute, you don't have a job anymore, in fact you're calling from a gas station pay phone."

In all seriousness, if Jeffery were to sign with the Colts, I think it certainly means Moncrief would not get extended and might even be trade bait.

54 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

How could a rookie have similar bodies of work if they are not in the NFL? These are still pre-drafted collegiate players who haven't ran through an NFL tunnel yet so we cant say that they have a body of work at all.

remember there is a difference between college football and NFL football, where all the players are grown men who could be your father nearly.

As I mentioned above, it was a poor choice of words. I just meant that Bouye doesn't have a big body of work, with only having one season of note.

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Would be very wise on keeping Butler and Turbin.  Ballard should know as well as anyone outside of KC what Poe still has left.  Perry I am not as high on but the Colts have to do something to get multiple passrushers. 

why are people high on poe to help our pass rush?  he has 2.5 sacks over the last two seasons

ironically, parry has more than that

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Would be very wise on keeping Butler and Turbin.  Ballard should know as well as anyone outside of KC what Poe still has left.  Perry I am not as high on but the Colts have to do something to get multiple passrushers. 

why are people high on poe to help our pass rush?  he has 2.5 sacks over the last two seasons

12 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

I don't understand the hype for Nick Perry.

hes a solid player who is better than what we have.  i dont expect to find any elite player in FA

hes off the market now anyway.  i think he will be pretty good going forward, remember he was behind matthews and peppers on the roster in GB

15 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Sacks would not be the main number I look at with Poe.  It would be hurries, pressures, and stopping the run.  All things we still need and from a NT or just D-line guy that would be great.  Personally, I wish we would have looked at Campbell and Hankins from NYG combo.  That would have been a great duo to bring in.

47 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Well I wouldn't be looking for him to help our pass rush as much as I would be looking for him to be a guy who can eat up two bodies to free up others.

still I wouldn't say I am high on Poe.  I just said Ballard should know as well as anyone outside of KC what Poe has left.  So I will trust Ballard if he does or doesn't go after Poe.

56 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He is mediocre. 

Mediocre, but will command much higher $$ because of his good season last year. I'd let him sit on the market. If he gets picked up, oh well. If he sits for a while, I'd offer him a realistic contract for him to at least have serviceable depth and some stability.

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Wait,  I thought you guaranteed crazy aggression.   Signings left and right of high priced studs

Well bud... Maybe I was wrong. I thought we would sign 3 or 4 quality free agents. But I didn't predict the crazy aggression like you say. Must be getting me confused with the other guy that started a thread about that. But hey free agency officially hasn't even started yet.

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Well bud... Maybe I was wrong. I thought we would sign 3 or 4 quality free agents. But I didn't predict the crazy aggression like you say. Must be getting me confused with the other guy that started a thread about that. But hey free agency officially hasn't even started yet.

You are correct,  I confused you with the OP. My apologies

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

He never really had a chance to rush the passer that much. His job was to clog the middle, and he did a great job of just doing that. He isn't my favorite free agent. But I would love to have him. He would produce 5 or 6 sacks a year with the Colts IMO. 

2 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

and has been a solid starter since he's been with the team.

He has been solid. If he resigns for a 2 yr/ 8 million contract great. Wouldn't go a bit longer than that or more than 4 or 5 million a year tho.

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

He never really had a chance to rush the passer that much. His job was to clog the middle, and he did a great job of just doing that. He isn't my favorite free agent. But I would love to have him. He would produce 5 or 6 sacks a year with the Colts IMO. 

Poe may be our best shot at a NT right now...seeing that alot of teams have interest in Williams but appearently there is diligent work being done on both his side and the Ravens to keep in Baltimore. Granted it's all just rumored right now. After Poe we got Hankins and Bennie Logan. We really need to get a legit NT.

On 3/8/2017 at 1:40 PM, COLTS449 said:

You guys need to get a grip. We have money and a need. You all are stuck in the Grigson era, and are too caught up in worrying about 5 years from now. Its all about this coming season man. CB will wanna turn things around over night, and he sees it can be done. We'll make the playoffs on a 10-6 or 11-5 record with a couple monster signings and a good draft

Big difference in taking over as GM for a team with a young franchise QB than a team like San Fran or Cleveland bro. There is no 2-3 year bull. It's win now.

i agree

13 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

That's a more than reasonable contract for his talent assuming he isn't a one year wonder. He must like the Packers. 

I'd beg to differ..

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles Sacks & Tackles    
Year Age Tm * No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Tkl Ast Sfty AV
Career       60 28 1 0 0 0 8 5 0 1 0 0 23.5 111 55   16
2012 22 GNB lolb 53 6 5 0 0 0 0 1           2.0 13 5   2
2013 23 GNB lolb/rolb 53 11 6 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 4.0 24 9   3
2014 24 GNB rolb 53 15 4 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 3.0 23 9   3
2015 25 GNB lolb 53 14 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3.5 16 15   2
2016 26 GNB lolb/rolb 53 14 12 1 0 0 0 4           11.0 35 17   6

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Like I said "assuming he isn't a one year wonder" So cut out the 4 years before his career 2016 year and then requote me 

Completely missed the assuming. I thought I read "since he wasn't a one year wonder". My apologies! I've been staring at the computer screen for far too long today...