Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson

wordofmouth

Sorry to start a negative thread about someone who may not deserve it, but I am having a hard time buying into this guy.

All this MAN talk is making me kind of skeptical. As far as his 20!? minute meeting with Peyton here's what he said:

We had a nice discussion," Grigson said, according to ProFootballTalk.com. "We spoke for 20 minutes or so. It's been amicable. It's been a normal thing. We talked like regular guys, I felt.

"It was an open conversation and I told him what I knew. Whatever I knew, I told him. It was a straightforward, man-to-man conversation. It was fine."

I'm sorry but Polian never used so many words to say nothing.

And the new DC well he gets the new company line:

He's a football guy, passionate, fire in his eyes. If you sit with him for two seconds, you see he's an intense football guy.

I don't know, I hope I'm wrong and I realize what we see with any of these guys is just the tip of the iceberg. And hey, I'm all for passion and fire, but somewhere along the line I would like some substance.

I think it's far too early to start getting so doubtful about him. Let some actual results come in first, let him get some actual work done, before we start baying for his blood.

I have to say that you are right. And I don't want to be a downer, it's just the vibe I don't like. If he's good it won't matter, but he is going to have to be real good to make people happy after what we have grown accustomed to.

he's young..its his first GM job and he's waiting for the situation with Manning to be resolved....

I'm glad he talked to Peyton but there's nothing he can add...or analyze...

He's waiting for Irsay to make his decsion..andkeeping low-key

Exactly, Irsay will be the one dropping the bomb on Indy not the new GM...

He is just waiting for all this mess to blow over...

I just get a red flag ( maybe unjustifiably ) when all I get is manly platitudes as opposed to substantive information.

All that matters to me is how he evaluates talent and manages the cap. I could care less if he wore a clown suit and spoke in pig latin. Just build a winner.

I just get a red flag ( maybe unjustifiably ) when all I get is manly platitudes as opposed to substantive information.

When was Polian ever known for give substancial information during an interview? I recall him saying a lot of big thesaurus words and saying absolutely nothing and thrown in for good measure, an insult to the fans and the interviewer while he is at it. Griggs is finding his way, he is new at all this and he is still a breath of fresh air over what had become so stale and irritating in Polian. Lets see how an offseason of drafting and signing/resigning/cutting of players that shape how the Colts move forward before we make any specualtion on how the new GM will be.

All that matters to me is how he evaluates talent and manages the cap. I could care less if he wore a clown suit and spoke in pig latin. Just build a winner.

Thank you, I have no clue why people are caught up in his grammatics.My lord lets give the a chance to do his job.

Sorry to start a negative thread about someone who may not deserve it, but I am having a hard time buying into this guy.

All this MAN talk is making me kind of skeptical. As far as his 20!? minute meeting with Peyton here's what he said:

We had a nice discussion," Grigson said, according to ProFootballTalk.com. "We spoke for 20 minutes or so. It's been amicable. It's been a normal thing. We talked like regular guys, I felt.

"It was an open conversation and I told him what I knew. Whatever I knew, I told him. It was a straightforward, man-to-man conversation. It was fine."

He's a football guy, passionate, fire in his eyes. If you sit with him for two seconds, you see he's an intense football guy.

I don't know, I hope I'm wrong and I realize what we see with any of these guys is just the tip of the iceberg. And hey, I'm all for passion and fire, but somewhere along the line I would like some substance.

Perfect example of the saying... "you can never satisfy everyone"

Next thing you know there is gonna be a hate grigson group and the offseason hasnt even started yet lol

Relax. It was just a conversation. If it were Polian and Manning having the conversation Poliaj would have muttered some senile phrases and blamed the world for being interested in the meeting in the first place.

I'm with everybody that says you have to give the guy time to prove himself. I understand that people might not get the best vibe or might not take to the guy right away, but that's the way it is any time there is change. There is always that feeling out period where one has to get to know the other. I'm not going to pass any judgement on the man until I start seeing what he's able to do with the personnel that he brings in. Let's also keep in mind that Irsay, understandably, has the guy on a very short leash and that ultimately it will be Irsay pulling the trigger on a lot of the decisions being made. Looking forward to the draft and FA that's for sure! GO COLTS!!!!!

Wordofmouth, you are just confused because your use to being insulted by our GM and told that fans know nothing about anything.

Grigson just needed to lob a few insults are ways and it would have been like old times.

To me it seems pretty straight forward. They had a 20 minute convo that was to the point and honest.

Grigson's job isnt to keep the fans informed or to give them "substance" in what he says...his job is to build this team and put the best possible talent at positions where we need it. His job is to evaluate the jobs of everyone employed by the Colts...players, coaches etc.

I could care less about his public speaking or what he tells reporters...what i care about is the product he puts on the field. THAT is his responsibility. Polian wouldnt talk to a lot of the media, and with the way things are going now, i can COMPLETELY understand why. Personally, i wish Grigson would tell the guys from the indystar to go eat a hot turd sandwich (well, not exactly what i would say, but the censors on here would edit it anyhow)

We should be so lucky. People seem to be missing my point which is probably good. Maybe I'm doing too much amature psychoanalysis.

Well, you might not be, but it's way too early to tell.

Besides, be thanking he wasn't "talking ball" with manning or people would have gotten fired.

:)

The most substance you are going to get out of Grigson will be after the 2011 draft, IMO.

Right now, there is too much uncertainty surrounding so many player situations that are fluid that Grigson is not going to be able to give us any substantial info till March 8 comes around. I bet he is going to let Irsay make his decision after giving his advice, and then make decisions on free agents mostly after the draft. Maybe some of it will be made before the draft if the Peyton decision is made by then.