Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To Take The Topic Off Manning For A Bit....

betheafan41

ok this has been bothering me for quite some time, and now questions are being asked about the idea of 2 more teams being added to the NFL. whats been bothering me is why are the colts in the AFC South, Dolphins in the AFC East? they can easily fix this by moving the Ravens to the East, Colts to the North, and the Dolphins to the South. maybe my geographical compass is messed up, but i doubt it is.....

Miami is in florida right? Further south then Indianapolis.

Baltimore although is north, but they are East too. and moving them in a division with NYJ,Buf, and NE would be ideal.

Indy is north and playing Cleveland, Cinci, and Pittsburgh would be more ideal.

I guess there would be argument in the West also with KC playing against Denver Oakland and San Diego but that could be fixed if they add two more teams and LA is one of the teams, by moving KC to the south division while keeping LA in the west.

NFC Also

NFC East could easily be

Philly, Giants, Skins and Panthers

South

Saints,Cowboys,Tampa,atlanta

North

stays the same

West

stays the same unless LA team is in NFC then move the rams to the NFC South

Maybe im over thinking it,

LA is a given, it's the second team they add which could make it really ugly. What about a team based in Canada, Mexico, or London? The NFL wants to be global, and it wouln't shock me to see LA and Toronto, or Mexico City, or London get the other team. The NFL is or has been playing games in those markets for years, and will continue to play in Toronto and London in the regular season for years to come.

I really dont like the Idea of the NFL expanding outside of the country. they had the world football league in europe and as a kid when my dad was in the airforce we lived in germany for 10 years and I went to a Rhein fire Vs Frankfurt Galaxy game, had some kids playing there who were drafted by NFL teams and sent there to give them playing time and no one showed up. seemed like the stands were always empty when I would watch games on TV. and it was part of the reason if not the main reason the league shut down. because of the fan base. so sending a team to london to play a full season is suicide to the ownership and the city on a financial stand point. yeah they may sell out the first year or two but after that then what? how many NFL players would actually want to live in london to play football? how many Teams would really be willing to travel 15 hours across the atlantic to play a game every year? Toronto I can see, just for the fact even canadian football sells out alot of games, but mexico city? whos going to own the team 5 years in the league? the ownership who built the team or the cartell?

I really dont like the Idea of the NFL expanding outside of the country. they had the world football league in europe and as a kid when my dad was in the airforce we lived in germany for 10 years and I went to a Rhein fire Vs Frankfurt Galaxy game, had some kids playing there who were drafted by NFL teams and sent there to give them playing time and no one showed up. seemed like the stands were always empty when I would watch games on TV. and it was part of the reason if not the main reason the league shut down. because of the fan base. so sending a team to london to play a full season is suicide to the ownership and the city on a financial stand point. yeah they may sell out the first year or two but after that then what? how many NFL players would actually want to live in london to play football? how many Teams would really be willing to travel 15 hours across the atlantic to play a game every year? Toronto I can see, just for the fact even canadian football sells out alot of games, but mexico city? whos going to own the team 5 years in the league? the ownership who built the team or the cartell?

I think logistically a team here in Mexico (the evil cartel country) would not be a good idea. I also believe it would be tough to sell out games every single week, see, when our professional teams are not doing well, we just stop spending money on them, that's a huge risk for the league.

But I'll tell you this, we are the largest market outside of the US, we watch the NFL NETWORK, we buy NFL sunday ticket, get games on national television 3-4 times a week, buy jerseys, travel to games... We have been conquered, so there is no interest from the league to exploit that, they desepratedly try to go to London and conquer that market,and don't care about Mexico because there is nothing new to get here, which is a shame because we feel like second class citizens.

But make no mistake, ratings for NFL games here are HUGE, and the superbowl is a huge event here too, we filled a stadium to watch the stupid Cardinals vs San Francisco some years ago, when they both sucked big time. 105,000 people went to that game. That my friend is an NFL record, I don't understand why we don't have a regular season game, maybe not every year, but at leasst every two, three years.

PD Cartels do not own sports teams, have no interest whatsoever in that, they inflitrate politics, they do laundry money, but believe me, they do not do that through professional sports teams, that is one of the safest areas to invest in this country. And these cartels infiltrating the mexican government and companies, also infiltrate American comapanies and i bet my life they do inflitrate the congress, local and state governments, I mean come on, you guys consume all that coke and marijuana, and import more than 1,000,000 assault weapons, grenades and even bazookas (THAT IS ONE MILLION) into my country to sell them to the cartels every single year, so, let's not be hypocritical about this, one thing is Bill O'Reilly tells you Mexico is a complete disaster, and another thing is to be foolish and especially ignorant enough to think this is happening only here, it's a shame we get the gunshots and the terrible violence, but your country is as dirty as mine when it comes to mafia, cartels, drugs and illegal gun trafficking.

I read, and before I form my own opinion, a try to investigate, the media or other people's comments are not enough for me to make a judgement on delicate matters like this.

Do you really believe these powerful drug lords haven't infiltrated your country's government and private institutions? please

I think logistically a team here in Mexico (the evil cartel country) would not be a good idea. I also believe it would be tough to sell out games every single week, see, when our professional teams are not doing well, we just stop spending money on them, that's a huge risk for the league.

But I'll tell you this, we are the largest market outside of the US, we watch the NFL NETWORK, we buy NFL sunday ticket, get games on national television 3-4 times a week, buy jerseys, travel to games... We have been conquered, so there is no interest from the league to exploit that, they desepratedly try to go to London and conquer that market,and don't care about Mexico because there is nothing new to get here, which is a shame because we feel like second class citizens.

But make no mistake, ratings for NFL games here are HUGE, and the superbowl is a huge event here too, we filled a stadium to watch the stupid Cardinals vs San Francisco some years ago, when they both sucked big time. 105,000 people went to that game. That my friend is an NFL record, I don't understand why we don't have a regular season game, maybe not every year, but at leasst every two, three years.

PD Cartels do not own sports teams, have no interest whatsoever in that, they inflitrate politics, they do laundry money, but believe me, they do not do that through professional sports teams, that is one of the safest areas to invest in this country. And these cartels infiltrating the mexican government and companies, also infiltrate American comapanies and i bet my life they do inflitrate the congress, local and state governments, I mean come on, you guys consume all that coke and marijuana, and import more than 1,000,000 assault weapons, grenades and even bazookas (THAT IS ONE MILLION) into my country to sell them to the cartels every single year, so, let's not be hypocritical about this, one thing is Bill O'Reilly tells you Mexico is a complete disaster, and another thing is to be foolish and especially ignorant enough to think this is happening only here, it's a shame we get the gunshots and the terrible violence, but your country is as dirty as mine when it comes to mafia, cartels, drugs and illegal gun trafficking.

I read, and before I form my own opinion, a try to investigate, the media or other people's comments are not enough for me to make a judgement on delicate matters like this.

Do you really believe these powerful drug lords haven't infiltrated your country's government and private institutions? please

MC..

Bill O'Reilly not withstanding...

I think you have misread the NFL....I think they are very much interested in Mexico City as a future NFL home..

Big markets catch their eye...and MC is a big untapped place...for football..

The Dallas Cowboys vs. The Mexico City Hombres...

....maybe sooner than we think..

I agree London is the least likely, but Mexico City and Toronto or Montreal or maybe something out west is as likely to me as any US city. If the NFL is barely sustaining Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Oakland, and all the other venues not selling out, I can't see the NFL looking at another small US market. And that doesn't get into the teams who do sell out, but are begging for new stadiums or looking to expand like SF, Minneapolis, Chicago (remodeled 10 years ago, but one of the smallest capacity arenas in the NFL in the third largest US market)... The issues surrounding the Vikings, Chargers, and Jags makes it hard for me to see how the NFL won't let one of them move to LA. As much as Goddell says he wants to keep teams in their existing cities, I believe finding a US city in addition to LA for two new teams is actually much more difficult. There are billionaires out there who might want into the NFL ownership group, but do they want to start in Salt Lake City, or Portland, or Birmingham, or Little Rock? Mexico City offers the largest potential fan base. Toronto is used to pro sports franchises, as is Montreal. I actually think the safer long-term financial bet would be on one of the Canadian cities or Mexico City. I would pick ownership in LA first, obviously..... but unless I am from one of the small market cities, I wouldn't invest billions into a market I know would remain one of the smallest in the NFL. That's bad business.

A team in London would be a logistical nightmare. I think a team in Canada is feasible, but they already have the CFL, so I don't know how well an NFL team would do there. If they do decide to go to Canada, it almost has to be in Toronto. There is a reason that the Blue Jays and the Raptors are still going while the Expos and Grizzlies have had to relocate. I think if the NFL is going to go international, Mexico City is the best choice in terms of a fan base that will support the team. However, I question whether NFL players will want to live in Mexico for months out of the year.

As far as LA goes, it's only a matter of time, but I think it will be a relocation rather than an expansion that moves a team to LA.

As for the NFL division alignments, they are geographically nonsensical. People say they are based on historical rivalries, but the only rivalries I see that keep the divisions from making geographic sense are the Cowboys' rivalries. The NFL is, for some reason, clearly committed to preserving their rivalries with the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles. So, they will never move Dallas out of the NFC East even though it is nonsensical for them to be there. Indy makes no sense in the South, neither geographically nor based on rivalries. Houston and Jacksonville were infants when the new divisions were drawn, and we never had a rivalry with Tennessee (or the Houston Oilers) before they became division foes.

MC..

I think you have misread the NFL....I think they are very much interested in Mexico City as a future NFL home..

hahaha the mexican hombres! I honestly don't see it, but I think the Cowboys could very weel play once a year in Mexico. God knows I hate them with every inch of my body and soul, but 105,000...

MC..

haha Mexico City Hombres

Is Vegas too small, Orlando too much of a tourist destination, Honolulu too far?

Love the idea of Vegas, but I still don't think any pro sport team will touch that place. There is no worse sin than even the appearance of issues with gambling/influence. There was talk of Vegas as a potential destination for the Oakland A's, but that stopped quickly. I've heard Sacramento Kings too, especially with the Maloof brothers owning the Palms.

Vegas is the largest US city without a major pro sports team (they have a AAA baseball team - Blue Jays affiliate and a minor league hockey team now). I think that would be a great destination.

Good idea (a non-Manning/non-coaching topic).

NFC East

Giants

Skins

Eagles

Panthers

NFC South

Bucs

Falcons

Saints

Cowboys

NFC West

Rams (if they return to LA-if not, swap them out with the Cowboys).

Niners

Seahawks

Cardinals

NFC North (unchanged)

Vikings

Packers

Bears

Lions

AFC West (unchanged)

Denver

San Diego

Oakland