Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think getting him after being cut would be cheaper. We'd get to keep our pick, and let our cap guy handle his new contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/mychal-kendricks-9856/

No guarantee you get him if he gets cut.

44 minutes ago, corgi said:

Why would you trade for someone that's going to get released? Fear of someone else scooping him up first?

You spend the 5th round pick to ensure you get him vs hoping you can get him to sign with you. Plus his contact is much better now than it would be as a FA.

I'd take Kendricks in a heartbeat. I'd much rather have had his brother, but that's neither here nor there.

13 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He played amazing this year, but his injury history makes it a no for me. Since this class is loaded with CB's I'm not too worried about us signing one in FA though. 

Yeah I for sure want one from the draft and I think Claiborne will be cheaper for that exact reason so I'd take both plus vontae that's good the rookie takes over for Davis next year 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why don't those stupid * spend their money on secondary and leave the players we want the hell alone 

there are some teams with a ton of cap room gonna cost a fortune to land any top tier guys

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm surprised at how many people would like this signing. I was fully prepared to get blasted for sharing that tweet in here.

You're surprised?     I'm not.    I would expect mostly positive feed back.

You expected most to hate the deal?     

Of course,  at this point,  it's moot,  because the deal has either died,  or it's on hold for now....

So, we'll know more in less than 24 hours when window opens tomorrow.     If Kendrick is released,  I'd expect him to be signed pretty quickly.     if not tomorrow,  then pretty quickly.    And I hope it's by the Colts.

6 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

11th still isn't bad though. 

I'll say.  Today on NFL live Teddy Bruschi said Williams is the guy he would want his team to sign in FA if they were looking for a NT.  He said a big powerful NT like Williams is the linebackers best friend.  Commanding a double team frees up the LB'ers to make more plays and avoid blocks from the OL. Williams is the player he chose off the FA  DL list. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Let's hope Zeitler, Lang or Warford are in our plans for tomorrow because the Jags are adding a great lineman and pass rusher.  Protect Luck!

Campbell's an odd fit in their defense. He'll probably still be great, just not ideal for a 4-3.

3 hours ago, Shive said:

Campbell's an odd fit in their defense. He'll probably still be great, just not ideal for a 4-3.

I think Calais can play almost anywhere on the dline, in any front. He's that good. Teams don't play that much in base defenses anyway anymore.