Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers release D.J Fluker

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

No thank you sir, he is not worth the money. There are solid punters that we can get in the late rounds or free agency Rehkow and many others will be there

DJ Fluker is an offensive lineman...

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And I heard the Titans are moving on from his teammate from Bama who went in the same Draft, Warmack. What a disappointment they both turned out to be.

I think that entire Draft was a bust, at least in the first round.

33 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It's funny looking at the first 10-15 picks.

1. Chiefs-Eric Fisher: solid

2. Jags- Luke Joekel-Bust

3. Miami- Dion Jordan: Bust

4. Eagles-Lane Johnson: Good

5. Lions- Ansah: Good

6. Browns- Barkevious Mingo: Bust

7. Cardinals- Jonathan Cooper: Bust

8. Rams- Tavin Austin- Mediocre/BUST

9.Jets-Dee Millner: Bust

10. Titans-Warmack: Bust

11. Chargers- Fluker: Bust

12. Raiders-DJ Hayden: Bust

42 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's funny looking at the first 10-15 picks.

1. Chiefs-Eric Fisher: solid

2. Jags- Luke Joekel-Bust

3. Miami- Dion Jordan: Bust

4. Eagles-Lane Johnson: Good

5. Lions- Ansah: Good

6. Browns- Barkevious Mingo: Bust

7. Cardinals- Jonathan Cooper: Bust

8. Rams- Tavin Austin- Mediocre/BUST

9.Jets-Dee Millner: Bust

10. Titans-Warmack: Bust

11. Chargers- Fluker: Bust

12. Raiders-DJ Hayden: Bust

Don't forget at 22 Werner and bust.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

And I heard the Titans are moving on from his teammate from Bama who went in the same Draft, Warmack. What a disappointment they both turned out to be.

Barrett Jones as well. I remember lots of Colts fans wanting to draft him...and some were talking about him as a day one pick.

Since Saban showed up, nearly all "good" Bama OL players have been overdrafted and overrated...a list which includes five 1st round picks, one 2nd round pick, two 3rd round picks and two 4th round picks (since 2009).

Kelly looks like he will buck the trend...but I will admit that the overall disappointment of Bama OL players was a red flag for me with Kelly. So far so good though.

1 hour ago, MTC said:

I would be okay with singing Fluker if it's a one year "prove it" deal. Sometimes a change of scenery causes a player to perform better.

I would rather bring in Warmack if the Colts are looking for a change of scenery guy. Kelly actually played with both Fluker and Warmack...although it was in limited duty since he was the backup C. But it would be interesting to have two Bama players next to each other on the OL.

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

You think Rhodes, De'Andre Hopkins, Travis Frederick, Ziggy Ansah, Sheldon Richardson, and Tyler Eifert are busts?

I still have high hopes for Sharrif Floyd who is a very good player for us when he actually plays (when he is not injured).

No point of signing this guy for us IMO. He'd make sense for a team that ran a power scheme and needed a right tackle badly. He's been somewhat injury prone and hasn't been a top tier player in the league, he's just kind of been alright when he's played. He's young, but that's not the kind of O-lineman the Colts need. A high impact blocker taking over the RG position - yes - but outside of that we're okay. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is there any draft coming up where GMs can use hind sight? :thinking:

No, but I'm 5 for 5 in the 1st round of NFL drafts since studying the draft. There's 3 sure things in life, death, taxes, and Jared Cisneros hitting on NFL Draft picks. As long as we take who I say, we'll hit on our 1st rounder. :thmup:

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

It's one of the worst drafts I can remember.  I'm pretty sure I read it's one of the worst in NFL history.  

The only guy still on our roster is Thorton.  I suspect he will be gone soon. Maybe he gets the minimum for depth but it is  hard to provide depth from the IR. 

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No, but I'm 5 for 5 in the 1st round of NFL drafts since studying the draft. There's 3 sure things in life, death, taxes, and Jared Cisneros hitting on NFL Draft picks. As long as we take who I say, we'll hit on our 1st rounder. :thmup:

And who is the sure pick of yours for the colts this year, maybe even the first 3 rounds?

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You think Rhodes, De'Andre Hopkins, Travis Frederick, Ziggy Ansah, Sheldon Richardson, and Tyler Eifert are busts?

I still have high hopes for Sharrif Floyd who is a very good player for us when he actually plays (when he is not injured).

Vaccaro, Pugh, Long, Trufant, Reid.. Ogletree is ok for a late 1st too. From mid 1st to 3rd round, the draft wasn't that bad. I think that range compares favorably to many drafts.

The rest though, lot of busts.

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

And who is the sure pick of yours for the colts this year, maybe even the first 3 rounds?

The pick I want for us is Solomon Thomas. I see him succeeding almost 100% in the NFL, and he fits Ballard's strategy of building the trenches. Just not sure if we get him. The safest pick, someone I think could fall to us, but not necessarily at the best position of need, is Dalvin Cook. Despite his fumbling issues, he is the most talented RB in the draft (IMO), and fits the team better than a guy like Leonard Fournette. We would obviously have to use a 1st rounder on him, but if you want a safe 1st rounder that makes a huge impact, then Cook is it.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The pick I want for us is Solomon Thomas. I see him succeeding almost 100% in the NFL, and he fits Ballard's strategy of building the trenches. Just not sure if we get him. The safest pick, someone I think could fall to us, but not necessarily at the best position of need, is Dalvin Cook. Despite his fumbling issues, he is the most talented RB in the draft (IMO), and fits the team better than a guy like Leonard Fournette. We would obviously have to use a 1st rounder on him, but if you want a safe 1st rounder that makes a huge impact, then Cook is it.

I could live with Solomon, he is someone I like. Cook I am still concerned with as a high first round pick because he has fumble issues and he is a RB which I tend to undervalue as a 1st round pick up unless they are a sure thing. Cook is not the safest choice of this draft around our pick imo. Solomon or one of those top rated cb/s spots I'm also happy to take.