Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NFL Combine Skills Day #3(3/5/17) (DL, LB)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, stitches said:

He had a 1.70 10 yard split too. That's close to Bosa's split.

Bosa should not be the bar. 4.88 is not a good time and absolutely does not fit in the 34. 

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

I have no idea why Carl Lawson is not considered as a surefire first rounder. Besides his prior injuries that is.

I think it's the injuries and the fact that he's lacking in length from a 4-3 perspective. 

13 minutes ago, wig said:

Bosa should not be the bar. 4.88 is not a good time and absolutely does not fit in the 34. 

You might be right about his 34 fit. I still think he will be great player in the league, most probably as a 43DE

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm falling in love with McDowell... He looks great and tested great. His tape lacks consistency but when he's on, he's scary good.

Question I have is... how high do you take a guy who might need a coach constantly being up his rear in order to get his real potential out of him?  Does the guy have a real personal drive and motivation within himself to be great every day and to get better or does it take someone else to get that out of him. 

8 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Question I have is... how high do you take a guy who might need a coach constantly being up his rear in order to get his real potential out of him?  Does the guy have a real personal drive and motivation within himself to be great every day and to get better or does it take someone else to get that out of him. 

I'm not sure that's the case. If you go through his tape he had good motor at the start of the season, and played really hard while Michigan state had a shot. It seems like he just gave up/tried to save himself at the end of the season when his team had lost all hope. Not that this is a good thing by any means, but maybe he was just super frustrated by the horrible team he was surrounded by... When I think about it - this might be the situation he'd be in with the Colts too, so I don't know... there are definitely concerns with his attitude and our scouts/gm have to do their job in evaluating those, but I definitely love his talent and physical tools. I think he can easily be one of the best players from this class.