Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay, Peyton...knock It Off For Now!

TubaGuy

What people are forgetting that he is just cleared physically to play from the neck injuries.

His nerves still have yet to fully regenerate so it's not like he could step in today and play a game.

And we still don't know for sure IF they will ever fully regenerate.

Some Colts fans keep glossing over this fact.

It's not so much the process, but HOW the process is proceeding. :(

Bingo. I have no problem with the process. That's all part of the business, and everyone included are adults. But right now, NEITHER of them are really acting like adults. That's my problem. There was no reason for this to be hashed out this week. And for those above saying Peyton has every right to say what he says...when did I say he didn't??? Go back and read the very first post of this thread. I'm simply saying give it a rest until after the Super Bowl. It's not affecting Manning or Irsay, but it IS having an affect on local fans during what should be a celebratory week.

I am so fed up with this.

I have always thought that Peyton was one of the classiest and most respectful guys in the league, but I'm beginning to doubt it. Both sides are using the public to attempt to turn the fans agains the other one. Manning is going to get all the respect from the fans, but at this point I'm not so sure he deserves it.

The timing is unfortunate however i see it as if there is a lot of hints that Irsay is ready to move on and Peyton is a top world athlete that wants to play for the colts more than anything. He may see it as IF he gets cut did he do everything in his power to try to show Irsay and whoever else that he does not want retire or be let go to free agent. So if i were him i would do whatever i felt was best for myself/family interest. But yes the timing of it all couldn't be worse for it all.

As a long-time fan and supporter of BOTH men, I'm getting fed up with the spitting contest. This week isn't about Peyton, Irsay or the Colts. It's time for BOTH of you to be MEN, and knock off this childishness for the rest of the week. You are ruining the celebration for all of the fans that have supported you for years.

My two cents' worth.

Lordy lordy...Tuba blowing the horn in the other direction:)

Good for you and I agree 100%.

Oh well too late now, the game is just around the corner. Wanna bet it comes up in the SB announcing;)

It's the media's job to make something out of nothing. Manning leaving Indy is a much juicier story for them than him staying here. It's really a shame that they feel the need to force feed everybody this "Manning/Irsay fued". Take for example Manning's interview with Kravitz, where he said the environment was different and that everybody was walking on eggshells. What did people expect him to say, that it was business as usual? Of course it's different, and it feels awkward, but that doesn't mean that Manning is out the door. I would think if that was a certainty then Manning wouldn't even be around the Colts facility rehabbing the nerve. Everybody just needs to take a chill pill and relax, and regardless of what happens, it's out of our control. You'll either stand behind this team moving forward or you won't, it's really just that easy. GO COLTS!!!!

The timing is unfortunate however i see it as if there is a lot of hints that Irsay is ready to move on and Peyton is a top world athlete that wants to play for the colts more than anything. He may see it as IF he gets cut did he do everything in his power to try to show Irsay and whoever else that he does not want retire or be let go to free agent. So if i were him i would do whatever i felt was best for myself/family interest. But yes the timing of it all couldn't be worse for it all.

If Manning was doing everything in his power to stay then don't you think he should say that yes I will move the date for the bonus back if the nerve is still questionable and yes I will take less money by reworking my contract, seeing as how I just made $26 mil to rehab and cheerlead this last season. Whether Manning stays in Indy depends on Manning. Even though Irsay says it's not about the money, don't fool yourself, when you're in a business it's always about the money. Manning needs to make the concessions necessary for him to stay a Colt, because if not he won't be.

The process is going normal, the media wants ratings so they change the perception.

I tell you what Joker. I hope your right, because it sure would be a shame to see Peyton playing some where else if he is healthy next season. I will never not be a Colts fan, but it should would be like giving me a punch in the stomach to see that happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

"Another Colts forum is pleading for both Irsay and Manning to “knock it off now.” That likely helps sum up the pulse of Colts fans around town. Irsay isn’t going to win a P.R. war with Manning, but this back-and-forth is making both sides look bad.

Manning and Irsay are doing a disservice to the fans that have supported them both during Manning’s amazing run with the Colts."

As a long-time fan and supporter of BOTH men, I'm getting fed up with the spitting contest. This week isn't about Peyton, Irsay or the Colts. It's time for BOTH of you to be MEN, and knock off this childishness for the rest of the week. You are ruining the celebration for all of the fans that have supported you for years.

My two cents' worth.

Couldn't agree more. I want Peyton Manning to remain a Colt. I want him to retire a Colt and for there to be parades and statues and the whole ball of wax. But at this point, I just want the media leaks, stories, back and forth statements, tweets, and media blitz to STOP.

Make a decision. If it is to let Peyton be released, whether or not that is in the team's best interests can be argument, but regardless, fans are going to be upset. There is no way they won't be. Get the decision over with if this is going to be it, and let us start to "grieve". But stop with the media games.

http://profootballta...or-mill/page/2/

"Another Colts forum is pleading for both Irsay and Manning to “knock it off now.” That likely helps sum up the pulse of Colts fans around town. Irsay isn’t going to win a P.R. war with Manning, but this back-and-forth is making both sides look bad.

Manning and Irsay are doing a disservice to the fans that have supported them both during Manning’s amazing run with the Colts."

lol

Hey Florio, if you're reading this. YOU SUCK!