Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Utah OT Garett Bolles

Me too, I would love to have Lamp at RG and Bolles at RT.  They both look and act like maulers with incredible athletic ability.  Both sides of our line would be set.  I KNOW we need defense, but I'm probably one of the few that wouldn't complain if we used our 1st round pick on Bolles, 2nd pick on right guard, and 3rd pick on RB.  We'd have 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders on offensive line.  Give luck the Oline he deserves and watch how everything begins to fall in place.  Of course, we could address guard in FA with Zeitler or Warford. Our back ups would be Haeg, Clark, Good, and Harrison. (That is a solid unit). 

4 minutes ago, bigt said:

Me too, I would love to have Lamp at RG and Bolles at RT.  They both look and act like maulers with incredible athletic ability.  Both sides of our line would be set.  I KNOW we need defense, but I'm probably one of the few that wouldn't complain if we used our 1st round pick on Bolles, 2nd pick on right guard, and 3rd pick on RB.  We'd have 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders on offensive line.  Give luck the Oline he deserves and watch how everything begins to fall in place.  Of course, we could address guard in FA with Zeitler or Warford. Our back ups would be Haeg, Clark, Good, and Harrison. (That is a solid unit). 

Wowzers

25 minutes ago, bigt said:

sound good

It's at time likes this that I try to remind people who are interested in the draft that 4 years ago there were two sure things guards....     can't miss.     Everyone here proclaimed that they were "BEASTS!"  and that if we got either one of them our line would be set!

They were Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper.

Where are they now?    Well, Warmack was allowed to walk out the door by Tennessee since he's been a big disappointment.     And Cooper has been traded once and cut and claimed several times.     I'm not even sure he's with a team right now,  but he might be.     But he's struggling to make a roster.     Anyones roster.

My point is that even with guys who are thought to be LOCKS for greatness,  there is still a high risk of failure.

No one is guaranteed.     Neither was over-drafted,  but for a variety of reasons,   neither worked out.      Maybe Warmack has a shot with the right O-line coach?      Maybe.

This draft thing is much, MUCH harder than it looks.....    you can do the right thing and draft the right guy and sometimes things STILL don't work out.......       it happens all the time....

Bolles is a great athlete no question. We are still talking about a JC transfer who played 1 year at LT in a power conference and 3 years of football. He plays with a nasty edge you love His ceiling is high but his floor is lower than you'd like for an early pick

Then there are the off field problems heavy drug use, kicked out of 5 schools served time in jail. He needs to add strength and weight he's 297 and he's about to turn 25. Hopefully he has turned it around and is good to go.

This draft is short on T's and this kid is sure to be taken to early. He is a project and probably needs a year before he starts so you are looking at him being 26.