Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Tweets On Manning's Clearance

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be right. I myself raised an eyebrow when Peyton came out of his media black out to talk to Kravitz

I also notice that he gave autographs all season long and that is NOT something that had a habit of doing

I do see his publicist's or his agents hand in this.......at least I suspect it

I mean, for the longest time, all we heard is what Peyton's dad said......now all of the sudden there are sources!

But, Manning took such great pains to say let's NOT talk about this now, I just cannot believe he is behind this.

He has more integrity than that.

Those "NFL Insiders" have all sorts of sources(snitches). We just don't know the veracity of the one they are quoting on this.

Well I went back and read the article and it said that the Doctor in LA saw Peyton Recently ( probably when everyone was watching Irsay's plane go all over and I think it also went to LA) and it also said the Colts Neuro Dr was the one that stated if it was his son he would say go play. Sorry sounds like maybe their could have been a leak possibly from the Colts medical team and maybe they better look at that factor before blaming Peyton. I think he truely wants this decided after the SB. JMO of course but that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Maybe the organization wants to make Peyton look like the bad guy so the decision will be easier to deal with and the public will think Peyton is what one poster said is a spoiled brat. I for one don't think he is a spoiled brat so to speak just one of the best QB's to ever play the game. Do I want him to play for the Colts sure I do but with the way things are happening I am seeing some of Irsay's fathers traits showing. The apple doesn't always fall to far from the tree so to speak. Sorry that is the way I am seeing things and don't like the looks of things. I was hoping for things to work out but it is looking doubtful with everything that is happening.

The media and everyone else needs to let this rest until after Sunday we have a SB to play.

ugh, now I am suspicous

I know, right?

Funny how Peyton was quiet and "invisible" all year and now he's talking when you would think he'd want to give Eli the limelight.

When you look at the escalation and timetable of events, its easy to be suspicious.

I make a good living reading people and reading between the lines, so to speak, so that lends to me being suspicious.

It has served me well, but can also be a curse.

Well I went back and read the article and it said that the Doctor in LA saw Peyton Recently ( probably when everyone was watching Irsay's plane go all over and I think it also went to LA) and it also said the Colts Neuro Dr was the one that stated if it was his son he would say go play. Sorry sounds like maybe their could have been a leak possibly from the Colts medical team and maybe they better look at that factor before blaming Peyton. I think he truely wants this decided after the SB. JMO of course but that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Colts staffers do not give statements. I can't believe this either. We should ask Rob Lowe

Anyone listening to what Steve Young is saying on Mike & Mike right now?

He's basically saying Manning has a plan and is "quietly" letting info out because he knows Luck is on the way in.

He also assumes peyton is "feeling" out other team's interest in him.

Can't really blame Peyton or Irsay for their positions in this.

Its kind of a no-win situation.

Maureen go read the article and it reads that the Colts Neuro Dr Hank Feuer. Just posting what I read twice.

thanks, I just now read the Phil B column and am officially depressed

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2012/02/02/so-much-for-manning-keeping-quiet/

This is already being talked about in another thread but

Fact is, the NFL’s only four-time MVP had been cleared to practice and rehab and be aggressive in his comeback since Dec. 1. He was told to ramp it up way back then.

So saying that he recently visited with his L.A. doc and got a clean bill of health to play (like if he had a game Sunday) — PRESUMING THE NERVES IN HIS ARM HAVE REGENERATED — how is that any different than what we thought a month or two ago?

It’s not.

thanks, I just now read the Phil B column and am officially depressed

http://blogs.indysta...-keeping-quiet/

This is already being talked about in another thread but

I didn't read any blogs I read the article that was on the first post that was quoted in the post. That was what I was referring to. Phil B works for the Indy Star and I'm not a fan of the Star. To many things are blogs and I just read the article.

I know that.

He can probably throw better lefty than half the QBs in the league.

Your probably correct and we may find out and hopefully for the Colts but it's looking doubtful sorry to say. I always say careful what you wish for could come back to bite you in the behind so to speak.

link please...

all reports I have read state that Indy's team doc's have not looked at him.

I could be wrong.. but ... this is big info if Colt doctors clear him..

I heard that on the radio too. Mort reported it on espn so no link so you can trust us or think we are not being truthful that's up to you.

Your probably correct and we may find out and hopefully for the Colts but it's looking doubtful sorry to say. I always say careful what you wish for could come back to bite you in the behind so to speak.

Susie,

I'm in no way wishing for Peyton to leave.

I want him to play for the COLTS.

Its just looking less likely every day.

And now I'm starting to think he wants to leave.

I will wish him well whatever he does. He won't lose any sleep worrying about what I think, anyway.

Susie,

I'm in no way wishing for Peyton to leave.

I want him to play for the COLTS.

Its just looking less likely every day.

And now I'm starting to think he wants to leave.

I will wish him well whatever he does. He won't lose any sleep worrying about what I think, anyway.

I also wish he would be here sometimes but the way things are turning out maybe he would be better off with another team that would appreciate him and his talents. Maybe he has a right to want to leave. No one knows what is going on behind closed doors so to speak. We hear what Irsay is saying but I've always heard actions speak louder than words. I just don't want Peyton's reputation ruined with the fans because of all this fiasco this shouldn't have come to this and maybe this was in the plan by the organization. I would think that if Peyton wanted out he wouldn't have to play games just ask Irsay to release him and Irsay could do that and come out looking like well this was Peytons choice. Could have been a win win for Irsay and he could move on and not have this mess. I have never seen Peyton play games before what why would he start now. sorry that's just my opinion.

You could be right. I myself raised an eyebrow when Peyton came out of his media black out to talk to Kravitz

I also notice that he gave autographs all season long and that is NOT something that had a habit of doing

I do see his publicist's or his agents hand in this.......at least I suspect it

I tend to set the whole Kravitz incident as a misunderstanding. Peyton shares his feelings about seeing so many staff members leaving the complex. And I'm sure he's told himself if he had been able to play then there wouldn't have been so many people let go. However, Irsay is the one who had to start the staff firings. Coyer and Chris Pollian were easy business decisions. But after that it got tougher, and he wasn't happy to see Caldwell and other staff members he's known for so long have to leave. When I listen to the tape of Irsay calling Peyton a politician, it's sort of in a stream of consciousness ramble, like when something is bothering you and yet you can't put your finger on it. It's been tough to be the bad guy and then there's Peyton in the article sounding like the caring one. We've all been in a situation where we might have made a remark and it unintentionally hurt them because we weren't fully aware of their situation. They talked it out. No biggie there.

The ESPN interview and the statement from the doctor might have been necessary PR because all the speculation about his athletic ability had gotten out of control. And they wouldn't shut up. It only got worse because the Super Bowl was in Indy and his younger brother was playing. I see it as more damage control than challenging Irsay. However, I do think Manning knows Irsay means business.

I also wish he would be here sometimes but the way things are turning out maybe he would be better off with another team that would appreciate him and his talents. Maybe he has a right to want to leave. No one knows what is going on behind closed doors so to speak. We hear what Irsay is saying but I've always heard actions speak louder than words. I just don't want Peyton's reputation ruined with the fans because of all this fiasco this shouldn't have come to this and maybe this was in the plan by the organization. I would think that if Peyton wanted out he wouldn't have to play games just ask Irsay to release him and Irsay could do that and come out looking like well this was Peytons choice. Could have been a win win for Irsay and he could move on and not have this mess. I have never seen Peyton play games before what why would he start now. sorry that's just my opinion.

I think Irsay and the Colts have always shown they appreciate him and his talents.

but its foolish to assume he'll be able to play. manning has to understand and appreciate that.

having the 1st pick does change things, unfortunately.

Just think of the position GB would be in if they hadn't drafted Rogers when they did.

They prob wouldn't have that SB win and they'd be looking for a QB now and might have 2-14 seasons also.

Actually, with the uncertainty of manning, it kinda makes more sense to grab the QB than it did for GB.

IMO.

Maybe I am a bit slow but has anyone anywhere said that the nerves in Manning's arm have NOT regenerated? Or has anyone said that he is NOT throwing well? I am talking about an official confirmed source... not "so and so's third cousin, twice removed's best friends girlfriend who knows someone in the Colts organization..."

From what I have heard the only news that has come out has been the fusion took place and is solid. That was back in December. This new report pretty much says the exact same thing...

So there is just as much evidence for and against nerve regeneration. We will just have to wait and see after the superbowl.... or if a WR makes a statement that "Yeah, manning launched a 50 yarder with some zing on it the other day...."

This is the link I read that mentioned the Colts neuro Dr. http://espn.go.com/n...r?eleven=twelve Hope I posted the link correctly. haha

Watkins, according to the sources, joined Colts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer in clearing Manning to play. One source said that Feuer recently told Manning, "If you were my own son, I'd tell [you] to go play."

That's a pretty good article

I'm not sure when Feuer said that or who reported that he said that

The article is full of references to the elusive 'source'

But is was apparently last night that watkins confirmed via email

A spokesman for Watkins said in a one-paragraph email sent later Thursday night that the Colts' star was cleared to play.

I tend to set the whole Kravitz incident as a misunderstanding. Peyton shares his feelings about seeing so many staff members leaving the complex. And I'm sure he's told himself if he had been able to play then there wouldn't have been so many people let go. However, Irsay is the one who had to start the staff firings. Coyer and Chris Pollian were easy business decisions. But after that it got tougher, and he wasn't happy to see Caldwell and other staff members he's known for so long have to leave. When I listen to the tape of Irsay calling Peyton a politician, it's sort of in a stream of consciousness ramble, like when something is bothering you and yet you can't put your finger on it. It's been tough to be the bad guy and then there's Peyton in the article sounding like the caring one. We've all been in a situation where we might have made a remark and it unintentionally hurt them because we weren't fully aware of their situation. They talked it out. No biggie there.

The ESPN interview and the statement from the doctor might have been necessary PR because all the speculation about his athletic ability had gotten out of control. And they wouldn't shut up. It only got worse because the Super Bowl was in Indy and his younger brother was playing. I see it as more damage control than challenging Irsay. However, I do think Manning knows Irsay means business.

great post.

Let me put this in Layman terms for you.

"I didn't think he would be doing this well, I love andrew luck, and this isn't really a health issue."

I think a real owner's tweet should go, "I'm happy Peyton feels better, i'm glad his physicans cleared him, lets go win some SuperBowls!!!"

I totally agree with this. Most fans want the best for the Colts future WHATEVER that may be..Luck, Great...Peyton Great....

Irsay needs to stop tweeting...ahhhhh STOP.

I think Irsay and the Colts have always shown they appreciate him and his talents.

but its foolish to assume he'll be able to play. manning has to understand and appreciate that.

having the 1st pick does change things, unfortunately.

Just think of the position GB would be in if they hadn't drafted Rogers when they did.

They prob wouldn't have that SB win and they'd be looking for a QB now and might have 2-14 seasons also.

Actually, with the uncertainty of manning, it kinda makes more sense to grab the QB than it did for GB.

IMO.

Sorry if I worded that wrong but I didn't assume he could play but I don't assume he can't until further evaluation and I know that the team appreciated his talents poor words again but this has gotten way out of hand and I'm glad we can get a QB in the draft but don't like the way things are playing out and I'm not 100% certain that Irsay is being truthful now. Just wish everyone would table the discussion from the Colts and Peyton and let the SB be played. This SB won't be remembered about the way Indy hosted a great SB but about the fiasco that took place around this SB and that is sad. Tweets and statements from both parties need to stop until after this weekend. JMO

Sorry if I worded that wrong but I didn't assume he could play but I don't assume he can't until further evaluation and I know that the team appreciated his talents poor words again but this has gotten way out of hand and I'm glad we can get a QB in the draft but don't like the way things are playing out and I'm not 100% certain that Irsay is being truthful now. Just wish everyone would table the discussion from the Colts and Peyton and let the SB be played. This SB won't be remembered about the way Indy hosted a great SB but about the fiasco that took place around this SB and that is sad. Tweets and statements from both parties need to stop until after this weekend. JMO

Nah, the city and the organization are getting really high marks for their hosting. Hearing nothing but praise.

Nah, the city and the organization are getting really high marks for their hosting. Hearing nothing but praise.

I have heard the same and I was lucky enough to go to the Village and it is great to say the least. I just wish everything else and the media would back off because I don't think this is fair to both teams this is their time. Just like on media day the media asked Eli things about Peyton and he was polite but that was tacky in my opinion. Good thing it wasn't me because I would have probably said this isn't about Peyton this is about the Giants. Knowing that is probably what he was thinking. haha

I have heard the same and I was lucky enough to go to the Village and it is great to say the least. I just wish everything else and the media would back off because I don't think this is fair to both teams this is their time. Just like on media day the media asked Eli things about Peyton and he was polite but that was tacky in my opinion. Good thing it wasn't me because I would have probably said this isn't about Peyton this is about the Giants. Knowing that is probably what he was thinking. haha

Things really don't bother Eli.

It makes sense for Manning to spread optimism, if for no other reason than to spark other teams interest. Truthfully, there aren't that many teams that would be in a bidding war for him. Some of those teams their current QB ios a FA and they need to address that ASAP, not wait on Manning and progress reports on his nerve regenration and throwing ability.

I don't have facts, but from all I've seen/read this is what I am feeling at this moment-

1. Peyton is not capable of passing the team physical yet, and yes he is still in rehab. Otherwise, that check would have written itself and no discussion.

2. His history of slow healing seems present again, and he his just not progressing fast enough to take a 28 mil gamble that could strap the team for years.

3. He needs to garner other clubs interest sooner rather than later, before they all secure their own QB situations.

Here's what I waiting for down the road. If he is not given the 28 mill option, thenwhat kind of contract will he demand? If it is huge guaranteed money, then he is either truly healthy, or will price himself out of a job. If he agrees to an heavily incentive laden deal, then he isn't where he wants to be, but expects to get there and earn the incentives. If he does not, the everyone can proceed from there without excessive risk having been taken.

I'm going to enjoy the game, and not sweat too much of this until Tuesday of next week. Then, it is back on the front burner on set to high once more.

when the doctors were seen irsay and peyton should have both givin the media a joint statement with what they found out..that way it looks as though they are both working togeather..instead of the drama and games being played out like they are..jmo (arn't they grown professional men?)

The hour is almost upon us and its really starting to look like they are going to release Peyton. :(

Maybe that is why they are choosing Ravens and Steelers coaches - they (the Colts) are going to try and build a stellar D, and get by with a lesser QB like Flacco or Ben eg Luck or another.... That would be a totally different team than we are used to seeing here in Indy. Is that where we are headed without PManning?

And its quite funny how some say Manning doesnt want to distract from the SB, but geesh watching all the media shows nflnetwork, nfl32, mike and mike, and others - its clear that this Manning issue is not playing much of a back seat to the SB! Maybe that just the nature of the SB being in Indy?