Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now Watch The Media Is Gonna Start Comparing Peyton To Frave

JTcardscolts

Ive already read a couple fans compare Peyton to Frave how he wants all the attention....really

Cause it was only a couple days ago that the media was saying is career is over...

so if he didn't come out and kill these rumors they would do nothing but talk about it even through the SB. So maybe he thought if i go head and release this info they would stop taking about it....

Wrong...now they are just talking about where he wants to play next year and he and Jim Irsay has made it more then clear.....that's in Indy

So lets knock that comparison off before the media decides they want to head down that road...

Peyton doesn't want to drag out the decision probably b/c he doesn't want to be like Favre and be indecisive.

Listen, Jules, the atmosphere in the media and on this board and everywhere else was like a funeral on Monday with everyone speculating that Peyton was done playing. Can you really blame him for coming out and telling everyone that he's feeling good or should he just let everyone continue to pity him all week. One way or another, the media was going to make him the story this week.

Peyton doesn't want to drag out the decision probably b/c he doesn't want to be like Favre and be indecisive.

Listen, Jules, the atmosphere in the media and on this board and everywhere else was like a funeral on Monday with everyone speculating that Peyton was done playing. Can you really blame him for coming out and telling everyone that he's feeling good or should he just let everyone continue to pity him all week. One way or another, the media was going to make him the story this week.

I don't see a huge difference between waiting until Monday or Tuesday to get everything out. Which includes interviews/comments and today.

And whoever wins the big one should also have their share of the SB glory.

If the Colts were in the SB and this same situation was going on with Brady I guarantee people would be complaining.

Agreed, and it'll slow down a little when everyone leaves town, but won't completely until there's a final answer to this puzzle.

Until then, there's a story, even if it has to be fabricated.

Favre publicly retired and unretired a number of times. Peyton has barely said anything at all. He has never made this into a big dramatic issue or anything. He has kept his mouth shut and kept doing physio. Not even close to Favre

I'm not sure I equate giving interviews as keeping my mouth shut. Granted he never said he was retiring. In fact he said the reverse. He said he has no plans on that.

this is nothing like favre. favre retired then came back. you cant just tell rodgers well he still wants to play so you have to sit alittle longer no. irsay isnt forcing peyton to retire neither has peyton said he wanted to retire.

As far as I know Peyton Manning has never retired and come back. Peyton has said all along he want to play. He's nothing like Favre. He's just trying to get over a major injury so anyone who would try to say he's like Favre is reaching.

Exactly, and he has not been benched or anything (not yet at least :)) Nothing has happened except in the media's heads. I think he came out and said all of that stuff so he can just put a lid on all the things swirling.

You are mistaken. I have had no part in forcing anyone to provide interviews,

What do you mean people like me?

You know, the ones that hear a rumor(who knows from whom) and feel like it's their job to spread it like a wild fire....

If everyone, the media, would have just given him some time like he needed, like he's owed. Then maybe, just maybe, this thing wouldn't be overshadowing the SB.

In hindsight don't you think you overreacted?

You know, the ones that hear a rumor(who knows from whom) and feel like it's their job to spread it like a wild fire....

If everyone, the media, would have just given him some time like he needed, like he's owed. Then maybe, just maybe, this thing wouldn't be overshadowing the SB.

Pray tell, what rumors do you think I have spread?

I am not given to overreaction.

You are falsely accusing me of something I have not done.

Ive already read a couple fans compare Peyton to Frave how he wants all the attention....really

Cause it was only a couple days ago that the media was saying is career is over...

so if he didn't come out and kill these rumors they would do nothing but talk about it even through the SB. So maybe he thought if i go head and release this info they would stop taking about it....

Wrong...now they are just talking about where he wants to play next year and he and Jim Irsay has made it more then clear.....that's in Indy

So lets knock that comparison off before the media decides they want to head down that road...

Ok, lets start ......... now?

Yes, Irasy can be annoying with his tweets, but Manning looks bad here, by having one non-superbowl player dominate the news of the actual game. 28 Mil to see if he ever gets that arm back I Don't think so, and have him bury the team even more. He reminds me of when A-rod dominated the WS one year about pending FA. Manning is doing a PR battle now- He should get cut Monday to move on from this drama, and all about me conduct. Is he focused the TEAM? Yeah right.

Great post. If we end up with having PeyLuck then many fans would be wise to take ESPNs and NFLnets " reporting" with a grain of salt.

Wait, you're accusing UF of spreading rumors?

If anything he's done the exact opposite which is point out that the bird signs people are using as proof positive that Manning (is/isn't) coming back are really just bird signs,

I'm not sure I equate giving interviews as keeping my mouth shut. Granted he never said he was retiring. In fact he said the reverse. He said he has no plans on that.

Well, he has remained consistent. Favre retired and unretired many times. Peyton has always said the same thing; he is working hard to get back to playing football