Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phil B's Blog On Peyton...interesting

TubaGuy

Peyton has always been a stand-up guy! He took pay cuts more than once so the Colts could resign other players and Mr. Irsay paid PM more money than he was asking for this past season. Peyton I'm sure knows he is good but there is nothing wrong with confidence(that is a prerequisite for a leader); he is definitely not arrogant or conceited. And it has been the media stirring up this rumor storm not Peyton. And if anyone is a politician and loves the attention it is Mr. Irsay way more than PM!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Irsay wanted to wait until March? I think Peyton is the one who seems to be rushing the process. Peyton said on Tuesday pretty much "the sooner the better."

I am not sure I understand the mindset here with Manning.

I am thinking he might want this done sooner then later. If so, he might force himself to get cut the way things are looking.

Peyton IMO is not helping the situation at all.

Manning hates drama and just wants this done. I think he's just tired of not knowing and just wants to move on in whichever direction it's going to be.

So what?

That opinion should have nothing to do with any of this. I am a die hard Colts fan since birth but I am slowly becoming more and more turned off by Manning and the Peyton homers too who act like he is God all the time even when he >>>s up.

What has Peyton done exactly that has turned you off? The media has stirred up all the rumors being spread around but because it supports your ideas your ok with this?

What has Peyton done exactly that has turned you off? The media has stirred up all the rumors being spread around but because it supports your ideas your ok with this?

Honestly this past season and looking around the league it does not even probably have to do much with Manning.

I had a bad feeling going into last season anyway before the Peyton injury news even developed.

This team had IMO a poor coaching staff and a lot of holes on the team. Now it has a brand new staff and still a lot of holes on the team.

I just don't know if this is our time. I know people want to jump back into the old days but to me in some ways that might end up being more depressing then anything.

Sometimes this past season I just would say out loud to family "Start the whole thing over."

Manning hates drama and just wants this done. I think he's just tired of not knowing and just wants to move on in whichever direction it's going to be.

Well if he is going to force Irsay's hand too soon......I don't know Peyton.

I don't like this much TBH. Patience is a virtue.

Well all Peyton can do is ask Jim Irsay to make a call. At the end of the day it's Irsay who has the final say so on what he wants to do. Peyton will have say but if anyone ever needed proof it's Irsay that holds the cards here remember this Peyton has said he wants two things, to stay in Indy and have this decided quickly. Most people don't seem to think either of those things are going to happen.

True, but if you are in danger of losing your job or having to make a big change, you just want to know. I keep saying - I don't believe that Irsay hasn't made a decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton doesn't either.

http://blogs.indysta...-keeping-quiet/

Interesting take. And I've gotta say, I pretty much agree.

I can't see why he wrote another article about Manning !? Why didn't he write it about Eli and the superbowl!? Manning is not that kind of person! He is an Indianapolis Colt not the seperate entity that the media has made him out to be over the years! The media has created this Manning monster and they are the ones controlling what is being said! The Colts organization has kept things quiet for a long time and that ticks these media types off! They want the big story and will create one if they have to wether its fact or fiction; wether it tears our team and fans apart or not! Most of the guys that don't like PM on this forum believe everything that these media yahoos say and follow them religously, and worship at their feet like they are sports gods! PM is part of a team and their leader and has conducted himself and his career with honor and dignity!

True, but if you are in danger of losing your job or having to make a big change, you just want to know. I keep saying - I don't believe that Irsay hasn't made a decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton doesn't either.

It is possible Irsay already has his mind made up. He might very well. And it's also possible he wanted to wait until the SB was over. He is hosting the SB here. This is a lot on his plate.

I don't think this has to be making Irsay happy either.

Also, Peyton is playing to fan emotion as well better then Irsay is. In a way it is politics here.

And I absolutely hate all this.

It is possible Irsay already has his mind made up. He might very well. And it's also possible he wanted to wait until the SB was over. He is hosting the SB here. This is a lot on his plate.

I don't think this has to be making Irsay happy either.

Also, Peyton is playing to fan emotion as well better then Irsay is. In a way it is politics here.

And I absolutely hate all this.

So do I, which is why I really wanted them to win that darn last game of the season!

So do I, which is why I really wanted them to win that darn last game of the season!

I don't understand. These same things could be happening with the second pick in the draft.

It's like many have this Luck cloud over them. I certainly hope that if this kid is the starting QB next year that he receives support. I know Manning will get it.

This is not Luck's fault.

How is it everyone "knows" Peyton had anything to do with the doctor releasing this information in the media? The media has asked everyone's opinion in Indianapolis this past week and think its news. They probably called him and got the information now he "released" it. There is no proof anywhere that I've seen that he had anything to do with this.

I don't understand. These same things could be happening with the second pick in the draft.

It's like many have this Luck cloud over them. I certainly hope that if this kid is the starting QB next year that he receives support. I know Manning will get it.

This is not Luck's fault.

I really think the Colts would be excited about Peyton improving if Luck wasn't there. I think they'd be thinking O-line or Defense with the second pick. Griffin is really good, but maybe not 2nd pick good. I also think having Griffin sit behind Peyton is not the issue it is with Luck.

I hated to see Marvin Harrison go and Bob Sanders too, Terrence Wilkins, Edgerin James, Harbaugh, Stokley, June, Booger, Simons, Rhodes...but none of these guys made the team succesful by themselves and neither did Peyton. He knows this. The sports media even tried to say that Sanders was the guy that made our D. Yes he was the most explosive player and hardest hitter on D that we had but didn't do it by himself and sheere will alone. All this medis crap storm has divided our team and the fans. I stand behind and fully support the Indianapolis Colts, Mr. Irsay, and the players 100% and equally!

I really think the Colts would be excited about Peyton improving if Luck wasn't there. I think they'd be thinking O-line or Defense with the second pick. Griffin is really good, but maybe not 2nd pick good. I also think having Griffin sit behind Peyton is not the issue it is with Luck.

Possible. I don't want this to be blamed on Luck though. Many blamed Aaron Rodgers for driving Favre out of town initially too. In fact, there is still a Favre forum if you can believe it or not. They are "Packer/Viking Favre fans" who laugh at Rodgers' Packers whenever they >>> up. It's kinda sad and I hope this does not happen with the Colts fanbase.

But, yeah with the second pick in the draft I don't think I would have really wanted RG3.

How is it everyone "knows" Peyton had anything to do with the doctor releasing this information in the media? The media has asked everyone's opinion in Indianapolis this past week and think its news. They probably called him and got the information now he "released" it. There is no proof anywhere that I've seen that he had anything to do with this.

Pretty sure releasing medical info without consent of the patient is illegal.

So yeah, Manning had to be ok with it and i don't believe for a second that he didn't have anything to do with the report getting out. Manning is a smart dude, when he wants to get something out, it gets done.

So yeah, Manning had to be ok with it and i don't believe for a second that he didn't have anything to do with the report getting out. Manning is a smart dude, when he wants to get something out, it gets done.

You are correct. It is against HIPPA to disclose patient medical information without the consent of the patient.

Ahhh very good post.

The plot thickens.

Child please, that interview on Tuesday w/ ESPN was contracted a long time ago, and if you actually listen to the interview all Manning wanted to talk about was the CITY. I think Kravitz is rubbing off on these other Star guys and once again they are upset that they are the locals, but the nationals get all the 1st news.

I see more and more why Polian did not like to talk to them. All they paint is a negative picture.

Bob has been quite the center of attention on the radio and even ESPN and all of their daily shows (PTI etc)...i guess Phil wants in on the action!

When he was translating what Peyton and Irsay "meant" by what they said, he fail to mention, after Irsay "said" that the team doctors were unlikely to clear Peyton medically that it WAS ONE OF OUR INDIANAPOLIS COLTS TEAM DOCTORS who cleared him, along with his surgeon...the TEAM doctor is the one who said "if Peyton were my son, i would tell him to get out there and play ball!"

So what?

That opinion should have nothing to do with any of this. I am a die hard Colts fan since birth but I am slowly becoming more and more turned off by Manning and the Peyton homers too who act like he is God all the time even when he >>>s up.

you know this 2-14 season we just had? that wouldve been considered a GOOD season before Peyton got here...all of these years that you have got to enjoy as a "die hard colts fan" as you call yourself (and that i doubt to be true), would likely have been a decade of losing if not for Peyton Manning. Instead of hoping that he gets shipped out of town, maybe if you're really a Colts fan, you should be glad that he's been our QB for as long as he has been.

you know this 2-14 season we just had? that wouldve been considered a GOOD season before Peyton got here...all of these years that you have got to enjoy as a "die hard colts fan" as you call yourself (and that i doubt to be true), would likely have been a decade of losing if not for Peyton Manning. Instead of hoping that he gets shipped out of town, maybe if you're really a Colts fan, you should be glad that he's been our QB for as long as he has been.

I hate to quote jskinnz but this is absolute nonsense.

I am not even sure it's worth a well thought out reply. Also my family has run a business themselves my entire life. I probably think more like a business person in these events then I do a fan.

I thought Irsay wanted to wait until March? I think Peyton is the one who seems to be rushing the process. Peyton said on Tuesday pretty much "the sooner the better."

I am thinking he might want this done sooner then later. If so, he might force himself to get cut the way things are looking.

he said "the sooner the better" because he wants all of this drama to be over so he and the rest of the team can focus on getting back to being a WINNING football team next season. You said in another post that you're also a Packers fan...hopefully when Peyton lines up behind center next season as the Colts starting QB, you can just go watch the Packers rather than have to sit at home upset when Peyton is a major reason that we win the division again.

he said "the sooner the better" because he wants all of this drama to be over so he and the rest of the team can focus on getting back to being a WINNING football team next season. You said in another post that you're also a Packers fan...hopefully when Peyton lines up behind center next season as the Colts starting QB, you can just go watch the Packers rather than have to sit at home upset when Peyton is a major reason that we win the division again.

lmao

I hate to quote jskinnz but this is absolute nonsense.

I am not even sure it's worth a well thought out reply. Also my family has run a business themselves my entire life. I probably think more like a business person in these events then I do a fan.

how is it nonsense? the Colts were the laughingstock of the entire NFL from the time they moved to Indianapolis until they drafted Peyton Manning nearly 15yrs later...and then for the nearly 15yrs that Peyton Manning has been here, we have the best record in the history of the NFL for a 10yr stretch...then Peyton Manning misses a season and we are 2-14...so where is the hole in what i said? Lets not forget, last season we were 10-6 with over 20 players on the IR and Peyton throwing to Blair White and Jacob Tamme, all while he had off and on numbness in his right arm and hand...we then draft two of the top OTs in the draft, one of the best DTs from the draft and will have picks at/near the top of every single round in this year's draft...so how are we "worse" than we were in 2010 or 2011, if we have a healthy Peyton Manning starting at QB? Its not as if his skill were in decline at all...4700yds and over 30 TD with Blair White and Jacob Tamme doesnt sound like a QB who is in decline to me.

how is it nonsense? the Colts were the laughingstock of the entire NFL from the time they moved to Indianapolis until they drafted Peyton Manning nearly 15yrs later...and then for the nearly 15yrs that Peyton Manning has been here, we have the best record in the history of the NFL for a 10yr stretch...then Peyton Manning misses a season and we are 2-14...so where is the hole in what i said? Lets not forget, last season we were 10-6 with over 20 players on the IR and Peyton throwing to Blair White and Jacob Tamme, all while he had off and on numbness in his right arm and hand...we then draft two of the top OTs in the draft, one of the best DTs from the draft and will have picks at/near the top of every single round in this year's draft...so how are we "worse" than we were in 2010 or 2011, if we have a healthy Peyton Manning starting at QB? Its not as if his skill were in decline at all...4700yds and over 30 TD with Blair White and Jacob Tamme doesnt sound like a QB who is in decline to me.

Actually the 1995 season might be my favorite season ever even more so then all the Peyton years outside of 2006 when the defense took over the postseason.

It's a team game folks.

It's a team game.

All I Hear about is Peyton. Bring him back. I will be a fan. I will support him or Luck. But, don't cry when/if we fall short again in the playoffs.

Actually the 1995 season might be my favorite season ever even more so then all the Peyton years outside of 2006 when the defense took over the postseason.

It's a team game folks.

It's a team game.

All I Hear about is Peyton. Bring him back. I will be a fan. I will support him or Luck. But, don't cry when/if we fall short again in the playoffs.

i agree that its a team game, but having a top QB helps a TON. Look at the list of the Super Bowl winning teams over the past 10yrs and look at the list of their starting QBs...with the exception of 1 or 2, they are ALL TOP QBs.

And if you want the "team", why not (if Peyton is healthy) trade the #1 pick for as much as we can possibly get and use that to retool the team? we would get a real load of picks for the #1...and chances are the team that we trade it to will be bad enough that the future first rounder we get next year would be a VERY high draft pick also...not to mention that we will have all of our OWN picks and future picks to go with 'em...so it would be very easy to draft a QB in a future draft.

Jeez you guys. Peyton is a VERY humble man. Nothing I've EVER heard him say contradicts that. Half of the stuff he talked about in his interview on Tuesday was about the Superbowl or Gatordade, even when the question had nothing to do with that. Half of the other questions he responded with "I don't even think about that."

You guys honestly think Manning made people say this stuff? If you guys have heard interviews with Manning before, he doesn't fool around with media crap. He dislikes the media, dislikes attention, and would rather dish out praise than talk about himself. I think you guys like seeing controversry and drama, and therefore conclude that secretly Manning is sending his little minnions out to different media outlets and leaking secret information. NO. That is not happening. What is happening is quite obvious. The superbowl is in Indy, Manning's team's hometown. Everyone that is considered media, and I mean EVERYEONE, is in this town. While it would make sense to talk about the Superbowl, the media that wants clicks, visits, hits, reads, retweets, etc., will report ANY sort of news as fact. They are taking advantage of a golden opportunity. While I cant blame them for doing so, it is quite annoying and is putting a bad light on Manning.

This is not Manning's doing. While Phil B would like to make you think that Manning is all-powerful and controls everything around him, it's simply not true. Manning is a simple, very private man. If you don't know this, then I'm not quite sure you know very much about Manning at all.

Peyton says that he feels good in an interview and his surgeon clears him to play... your response is basically that Peyton is not humble and that he is making the situation worse... come again???

Possible. I don't want this to be blamed on Luck though. Many blamed Aaron Rodgers for driving Favre out of town initially too. In fact, there is still a Favre forum if you can believe it or not. They are "Packer/Viking Favre fans" who laugh at Rodgers' Packers whenever they >>> up. It's kinda sad and I hope this does not happen with the Colts fanbase.

But, yeah with the second pick in the draft I don't think I would have really wanted RG3.

No, I feel badly for Luck being tied up in this. Though as I've admitted many times, I'm not a Colts fan, I'm a Peyton fan who grew to like many of the other Colts as a result. So, I wouldn't wish ill on Andrew, but I'd be one of the bandwagoners who would no longer follow the Colts. Not a big loss though, I don't live locally and don't spend money on the team.

I think Irsay wants Luck, and had hoped he could look clean while ring ale to cut Manning due to health. Now this is all backfiring on him and Manning who is seen as the classiest guy in the league is showing his cards early and each time it's biting Jim in the butt. Hence the politician comment. Well if this is politics, Peyton is killing you in the polls buddy. I don't think this ends pretty, and I think we need to get used to saying Luck. I started to think it would, but after that childish tweet at 1:30am, I think our sheriff rides off into the sunset.

I agree on the lighten up Tuba, he was obviously being funny and regardless of your age or professionalism, he was having fun. I am a very professional individual too, but it's called having fun and not taking yourself too seriously. I'm all for respecting elders and live my life by it, but this is a forum full of individuals who should be able to retain their personalities.

I can't see why he wrote another article about Manning !? Why didn't he write it about Eli and the superbowl!? Manning is not that kind of person! He is an Indianapolis Colt not the seperate entity that the media has made him out to be over the years! The media has created this Manning monster and they are the ones controlling what is being said! The Colts organization has kept things quiet for a long time and that ticks these media types off! They want the big story and will create one if they have to wether its fact or fiction; wether it tears our team and fans apart or not! Most of the guys that don't like PM on this forum believe everything that these media yahoos say and follow them religously, and worship at their feet like they are sports gods! PM is part of a team and their leader and has conducted himself and his career with honor and dignity!

You get it.

He can deny it, but there is no doubt in my mind Irsay has his mind made up. If he didn't he wouldn't be so petty about the situation. He knows he's fighting a losing a battle and he'st trying his best to win it. It's not going to happen.

What battle?

Peyton's ability to throw isn't a battle and its central to the issue of 28 million dollars.

Peyton has been tacky lately.

I know I hope this all makes Eli want to play the game of his life but if he loses or sucks Sunday night I might actually start to blame this ridiculous Peyton distraction hanging over him.

Peyton has a bigger ego then the Peyton fans realize.

If Eli loses it's because he sucked it up. Not because everones talkin bout my big bro. The interviews I saw he spent talking the city and team up very little was about him and the parts that were, were to shut the media up. seriously doubt if he's starting every interview with "lets talk about me"