Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Cleared

Blackhawk4

You really are naive if you think Peyton would go through the hassle to get a nerosergeon and rehab doctor that doesn't know a lick about how he is throwing a football in relation to his career and his "pre-throwing self". This isn't your joe blow doctors.

Sorry to break it to you Adam, I am not naive about what doctors do. I am well aware of the scope of their responsibilities. And evaluating the field performance of a QB is not one of them.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really are naive if you think Peyton would go through the hassle to get a nerosergeon and rehab doctor that doesn't know a lick about how he is throwing a football in relation to his career and his "pre-throwing self". This isn't your joe blow doctors.

We will know soon enough. Somebody will track down one of those receivers or something unless Peyton put a gag order on them. LOL

Like I said in my previous post the rumor is that he had a throwing session today with Colts receivers. Can anybody confirm? If he did sounds like it was pre-planned so I would assume the Colts brass would have to know about it. Wonder how long before someone leaks exactly where his arm is at right now.

Yes its i I noted iti my comments above , on previous page, it was said in the video Tues & Thurs THhrowing AGGRESSIVELY, tues was with Gonzo & white, No Mention who threw to today though

I'm pretty sure in a situation like this you choose the best doctor you can overall whether he knows anything about football or not. To suggest Manning got a neurosurgeon/doctor based on his football knowledge in terms of a quarterback and NOT on his overall skill is a huge stretch.

Rumor is that this news is from the manning camp, maybe to entice more suitors for him... this could probably be why manning wants to know the sooner he can about his situation with the colts. Manning probably doesnt wanna be in a situation with another QB breathing down his neck.

just my hypothesis....

Or he really could be getting better

I'm pretty sure in a situation like this you choose the best doctor you can overall whether he knows anything about football or not. To suggest Manning got a neurosurgeon/doctor based on his football knowledge in terms of a quarterback and NOT on his overall skill is a huge stretch.

He got the surgery in the first place so he could CONTINUE to play football. Not because he couldn't lift a table in his living room anymore or something. I'm not suggesting he got the neurosurgeon based on football knowledge but I gurantee you he talked about with him considering its what his career is.

If you make a living moving large pipes around or something similiar and you get the same surgery Peyton had, you are gonna discuss with your doctor how long it would take you to be able to move these pipes around again. That includes telling the doctor the size and weight of the pipes and for how long. Please tell me you see where im going with this im eating tacos right now.

I really just wish something would be settled on this so we could stop having so many threads about it everyday. Either pay Manning his money and keep him around or release him so everybody can move on and talk about more than Manning in 47,000 different threads everyday.(yes, Im exagerating).

I really just wish something would be settled on this so we could stop having so many threads about it everyday. Either pay Manning his money and keep him around or release him so everybody can move on and talk about more than Manning in 47,000 different threads everyday.(yes, Im exagerating).

I agree and you really aren't over exagerating that much :)

We have new coaches with a new defensive philosophy coupled with free agents that we may retain, let go, or sign from other teams...it's not as if there isn't anything else to post about.

When this was scrolling as breaking news on ESPN it also said that Peyton had a private throwing session today with the Colts receivers. Did anybody else see that? I assume that the Colts brass was there to watch but I don't know that for a fact. Wonder when some info will come out about EXACTLY where he is at right now? Somebody track down a receiver or something. LOL

It was in the article that Tuesday he had a throwing session with Blair White and Anthony Gonzalez. Hope this answers your question.

When this was scrolling as breaking news on ESPN it also said that Peyton had a private throwing session today with the Colts receivers. Did anybody else see that? I assume that the Colts brass was there to watch but I don't know that for a fact. Wonder when some info will come out about EXACTLY where he is at right now? Somebody track down a receiver or something. LOL

Not sure exactly where I saw this, but I read he was throwing it around with Blair White and Anthony Gonzalez. Didn't say anything about how far he was throwing it.

EDIT: Slowness fail

Meh. This is good news, yes, but doesn't change anything from yesterday. His neck has been fine for quite awhile. Still doesn't mean he can play Quarterback at an NFL level.

Hopefully the nerves can regenerate, and he can slide right back into place. We'll see.

For some reason people seem to overlook this. We are not much closer than we were yesterday (except one day closer to not paying the 28 million)

For some reason people seem to overlook this. We are not much closer than we were yesterday (except one day closer to not paying the 28 million)

Cmon man! He was throwing with "good velocity" and looking close to his old self at the end of the season. It is a pretty safe bet that he has made progress since then.

The question now is does Peyton take a pay cut to stay in Indy or does Irsay choose Luck over Peyton?

http://espn.go.com/n...r?eleven=twelve

Peyton Manning has been medically cleared by two doctors, including Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the most recent surgery on the Indianapolis Colts quarterback's neck, to resume his NFL career, sources told Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Take it how you want to take it. In a way you can view it as really vague and in a way you can view this as the greatest news we could hear on Manning.

I take is as meaning he will stay as Colst' QB..

All along Irsay has said that Mannng stayng isnt about money..

All along he's suggested he wanst Manning and Luck...

Its up to him to make it so..

The drama is really over shadowing the Super Bowl....how come this all couldn't wait until Monday? I don't mean just this report but all of it from both sides.

It probably couldnt wait till Monday because 1/3 of all sports media in the civilized world is in Indy and bored..looking for news..

Great news. Looking forward to Manning & Luck.

Manning is a smart man. He knows that Monday Irsay will want to talk, so he got himself cleared so that the convo could only go one way.

Now Irsay needs to write that check or he may need to call the FBI and enter the witness protection program.

Theres a reason why @bkravitz can't get a job at a real newspaper..no offense to indy star fans.

Ive been saying for a while that if peyton stays luck isnt coming here.. here's what luck said when he came to indy today:

With speculation swirling about Manning's future, his presumed successor -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, expected to be taken by the Colts with the No. 1 pick -- came to town and told reporters he wants to start immediately.

Ive been saying for a while that if peyton stays luck isnt coming here.. here's what luck said when he came to indy today:

With speculation swirling about Manning's future, his presumed successor -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, expected to be taken by the Colts with the No. 1 pick -- came to town and told reporters he wants to start immediately.

That article doesn't have a single quote from Andrew Luck. I have been following Luck's interviews closely and thats not what he said.

That article doesn't have a single quote from Andrew Luck. I have been following Luck's interviews closely and thats not what he said.

Don't worry, I have too. Smitto seems to be very agenda driven. I wouldn't worry about it.

Okay, two things here. First, I am thrilled to hear the news! Second, I have a question for the more 'learned' fan than me that's out there. I know there are plenty of you! :)

Why is everyone saying, "Hey! Wait a minute before you jump for joy, because we have to see if Peyton can take a hit." Weren't we waiting for his nerves to regenerate, not for his neck to fuse? As far as I knew, the whole 'iffy' deal about this surgery was not that he might not be able to stand a hit, but whether or not his nerves would regenerate. And so, if his neck has fused and he's been cleared to play (Apparently now the nerves are back to 100%), then why is a sack such a big deal? And yes, I do know that several of you have addressed this already, but it seems like I hear the media and lots of fans sounding very concerned over this, and I just don't get it.

Not trying to cause divison at all, just asking a question.

Okay, two things here. First, I am thrilled to hear the news! Second, I have a question for the more 'learned' fan than me that's out there. I know there are plenty of you! :)

Why is everyone saying, "Hey! Wait a minute before you jump for joy, because we have to see if Peyton can take a hit." Weren't we waiting for his nerves to regenerate, not for his neck to fuse? As far as I knew, the whole 'iffy' deal about this surgery was not that he might not be able to stand a hit, but whether or not his nerves would regenerate. And so, if his neck has fused and he's been cleared to play (Apparently now the nerves are back to 100%), then why is a sack such a big deal? And yes, I do know that several of you have addressed this already, but it seems like I hear the media and lots of fans sounding very concerned over this, and I just don't get it.

Not trying to cause divison at all, just asking a question.

We have known for a while that Peyton is at no more risk of hurting his neck in a game than any other QB. The Pro-Luck crowd will want you to believe otherwise. Sometimes I think Kravitz posts on here under multiple accounts.

The article just said Luck told reporters that he wants to start immediately... that may be another person putting words in ppls mouth but if thats what luck said then there might be some issues if peyton is kept.