Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft GM Game - Round 1


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rules: 

  • >> There are no trades allowed. You don't have to explain your picks but if you wish to, you may do so.

>> There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 2 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me :thmup:). There is no maximum if GMs send their picks ahead of time to me or if they are glued to the thread for the draft.

 

 

Round 1

 

  1. Cleveland (1-15) - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A & M
  2. San Francisco (2-14) - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  3. Chicago (3-13) - Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
  4. Jacksonville (3-13) - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12) - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
  6. New York Jets (5-11) - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
  7. San Diego (5-11) - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
  8. Carolina (6-10) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1) - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
  10. Buffalo (7-9) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
  11. New Orleans (7-9) - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
  12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9) - DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson
  13. Arizona (7-8-1) - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
  14. Indianapolis (8-8) - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
  15. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8) - Mike Williams, WR, South Carolina
  16. Baltimore (8-8)
  17. Washington (8-7-1)
  18. Tennessee (9-7)
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. Denver (9-7)
  21. Detroit* (9-7)
  22. Miami* (10-6)
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)
  24. Oakland* (12-4)
  25. Houston* (9-7)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)
  28. Dallas* (13-3)
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)
  31. Atlanta* (11-5)
  32. New England* (14-2)

 

Updated List of GMs:

 

  1. Cleveland - MTC
  2. San Francisco - CantBeStopped
  3. Chicago - Superman
  4. Jacksonville - LJPalmBeacher
  5. LA Rams - The Brazilian Ninja
  6. New York Jets - Track Guy
  7. LA Chargers - NorthernBlue
  8. Carolina - danlhart87
  9. Cincinnati - CheezyColt
  10. Buffalo - tweezy32
  11. New Orleans - SaturdayAllDay
  12. Minnesota - NFLFan
  13. Arizona - Clem-Dog
  14. Indianapolis - BPRoland85
  15. Philadelphia - PrincetonTiger
  16. Baltimore - MarquisJ
  17. Washington - 21IsSuperman
  18. Tennessee - bananabucket
  19. Tampa Bay - WarGhost21
  20. Denver - stitches
  21. Detroit - SolomonThomasFanAccount
  22. Miami - jvan1973
  23. New York Giants - twfish
  24. Oakland - OffensivelyPC
  25. Houston - indyagent17
  26. Seattle - RockThatBlue
  27. Kansas City - The Peytonator
  28. Dallas - Defjamz26
  29. Green Bay - Traines
  30. Pittsburgh - funktacious2
  31. Atlanta - footballax31
  32. New England - chad72
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

 

Damnit SaturdayAllDay!! If Thomas had fallen to the 10th pick in the actual draft I'd be in favor of snatching him up before New Orleans. 

You and me both. I thought it was a miracle he was available for my pick. He is one of my favorite prospects in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, twfish said:

@chad72 at the start of the second round do we want to bring up a top 150 players and mark off players already taken? Most people have a good idea of the 1st rounders but not so much later guys

 

Very good idea. I will work on the same once we get close to the end of round 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Ravens getting Fournette seems like a hell of a pair. Letting Leo keep his purple and Baltimore getting their running game back on point could be a perfect match...

 

Knowing Ozzie, he might go with BPA here and that might suggest Fournette at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard Fournette offers the best value, IMO, and will run well in a ZBS or man blocking system, IMO.

 

Coming off a year where Flacco threw more than he has done before but for dismal YPA, Fournette is the best RB they can get ever since Ray Rice played for them, IMO. Terrance West, Kenneth Dixon, Javorious Allen, none of them are close to the threat that Fournette can bring to the table for the Ravens.

 

The Ravens would love to run it more and he fits their team personality of grinding football.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CB is the top need for the Ravens, and with top names at the position such as Teez Tabor and Marlon Humphrey on the board still, I see them grabbing a #1 CB. While Fournette would be huge, the Ravens have a huge amount of young running backs on the team already. CB, WR, RB is my opinion on their top 3 needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Leonard Fournette offers the best value, IMO, and will run well in a ZBS or man blocking system, IMO.

 

Coming off a year where Flacco threw more than he has done before but for dismal YPA, Fournette is the best RB they can get ever since Ray Rice played for them, IMO. Terrance West, Kenneth Dixon, Javorious Allen, none of them are close to the threat that Fournette can bring to the table for the Ravens.

 

The Ravens would love to run it more and he fits their team personality of grinding football.

True but there 2 best WR were Steve Smith and Mike Wallace one is retires the other is over 30 and flashy

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

CB is the top need for the Ravens, and with top names at the position such as Teez Tabor and Marlon Humphrey on the board still, I see them grabbing a #1 CB

 

They were a top 10 passing D even with Jimmy Smith on and off due to his injuries with Eric Weddle manning the middle. 

 

They were a bottom 5 rushing O, the stats tell me they need to run more.

 

My vote is Leonard Fournette.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules: 

  • >> There are no trades allowed. You don't have to explain your picks but if you wish to, you may do so.

>> There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 2 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me :thmup:). There is no maximum if GMs send their picks ahead of time to me or if they are glued to the thread for the draft.

 

 

Round 1

 

  1. Cleveland (1-15) - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A & M
  2. San Francisco (2-14) - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  3. Chicago (3-13) - Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
  4. Jacksonville (3-13) - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12) - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
  6. New York Jets (5-11) - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
  7. San Diego (5-11) - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
  8. Carolina (6-10) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1) - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
  10. Buffalo (7-9) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
  11. New Orleans (7-9) - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
  12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9) - DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson
  13. Arizona (7-8-1) - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
  14. Indianapolis (8-8) - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
  15. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8) - Mike Williams, WR, South Carolina
  16. Baltimore (8-8) - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
  17. Washington (8-7-1) - Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
  18. Tennessee (9-7) - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. Denver (9-7)
  21. Detroit* (9-7)
  22. Miami* (10-6)
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)
  24. Oakland* (12-4)
  25. Houston* (9-7)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)
  28. Dallas* (13-3)
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)
  31. Atlanta* (11-5)
  32. New England* (14-2)

 

Updated List of GMs:

 

  1. Cleveland - MTC
  2. San Francisco - CantBeStopped
  3. Chicago - Superman
  4. Jacksonville - LJPalmBeacher
  5. LA Rams - The Brazilian Ninja
  6. New York Jets - Track Guy
  7. LA Chargers - NorthernBlue
  8. Carolina - danlhart87
  9. Cincinnati - CheezyColt
  10. Buffalo - tweezy32
  11. New Orleans - SaturdayAllDay
  12. Minnesota - NFLFan
  13. Arizona - Clem-Dog
  14. Indianapolis - BPRoland85
  15. Philadelphia - PrincetonTiger
  16. Baltimore - MarquisJ
  17. Washington - 21IsSuperman
  18. Tennessee - bananabucket
  19. Tampa Bay - WarGhost21
  20. Denver - stitches
  21. Detroit - SolomonThomasFanAccount
  22. Miami - jvan1973
  23. New York Giants - twfish
  24. Oakland - OffensivelyPC
  25. Houston - indyagent17
  26. Seattle - RockThatBlue
  27. Kansas City - The Peytonator
  28. Dallas - Defjamz26
  29. Green Bay - Traines
  30. Pittsburgh - funktacious2
  31. Atlanta - footballax31
  32. New England - chad72
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to take a little bit of a risk and take someone with a similar story to Robert Nkemdiche.  Tons of talent, but the production and effort is not always there.  I'm going to have confidence in my coaches that they can bring out the talent in this player and have him make a great contribution to our defense for years to come.

 

With the 17th pick, the Washington Redskins select Malik McDowell, defensive lineman, Michigan State

 

@bananabucket and the Titans are on the clock

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Now I'm mixed up. I have 2 players in mind, one of which may fall to the second but I already have someone I'm looking at in the second. What do you guys say?

 

 

Go with your gut and see what makes you most competitive in your division first because everything comes after the division, IMO. 

 

Teams that went against Peyton wanted to invest in pass rush and secondary etc. first before thinking about a shootout.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...