Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

Gavin Mock Draft GM Game - Round 1

23 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that definitely happened to the guy that had the colts and took neal last year.  then neal went on to have a great season for the falcons...

he was taken one pick before the colts in the real draft so its moot in the big picture, but interesting

He just took it way too personal and came back to gloat about it based on a few good performances. Neal was very good for a rookie but we all wished he would have made a few plays vs the evil Patriots. :)

Regardless, I am over that episode now.

Rules: 

• >> There are no trades allowed. You don't have to explain your picks but if you wish to, you may do so.

>> There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 2 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me). There is no maximum if GMs send their picks ahead of time to me or if they are glued to the thread for the draft.

Round 1

1. Cleveland (1-15) - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A & M
  2. San Francisco (2-14) - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  3. Chicago (3-13) - Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
  4. Jacksonville (3-13) - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12) - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
  6. New York Jets (5-11) - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
  7. San Diego (5-11) - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
  8. Carolina (6-10) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1) - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
  10. Buffalo (7-9) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
  11. New Orleans (7-9)
  12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9)
  13. Arizona (7-8-1)
  14. Indianapolis (8-8)
  15. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8)
  16. Baltimore (8-8)
  17. Washington (8-7-1)
  18. Tennessee (9-7)
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. Denver (9-7)
  21. Detroit* (9-7)
  22. Miami* (10-6)
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)
  24. Oakland* (12-4)
  25. Houston* (9-7)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)
  28. Dallas* (13-3)
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)
  31. Atlanta* (11-5)
  32. New England* (14-2)

Updated List of GMs:

1. Cleveland - MTC
  2. San Francisco - CantBeStopped
  3. Chicago - Superman
  4. Jacksonville - LJPalmBeacher
  5. LA Rams - The Brazilian Ninja
  6. New York Jets - Track Guy
  7. LA Chargers - NorthernBlue
  8. Carolina - danlhart87
  9. Cincinnati - CheezyColt
  10. Buffalo - tweezy32
  11. New Orleans - SaturdayAllDay
  12. Minnesota - NFLFan
  13. Arizona - Clem-Dog
  14. Indianapolis - BPRoland85
  15. Philadelphia - PrincetonTiger
  16. Baltimore - MarquisJ
  17. Washington - 21IsSuperman
  18. Tennessee - bananabucket
  19. Tampa Bay - WarGhost21
  20. Denver - stitches
  21. Detroit - SolomonThomasFanAccount
  22. Miami - jvan1973
  23. New York Giants - twfish
  24. Oakland - OffensivelyPC
  25. Houston - indyagent17
  26. Seattle - RockThatBlue
  27. Kansas City - The Peytonator
  28. Dallas - Defjamz26
  29. Green Bay - Traines
  30. Pittsburgh - funktacious2
  31. Atlanta - footballax31
  32. New England - chad72

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Around 4:45 pm, we start taking consensus picks for New Orleans. :)

Just don't take my guy for Indy y'all! 

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Just don't take my guy for Indy y'all! 

No guarantees in real life or the draft :D

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Around 4:45 pm, we start taking consensus picks for New Orleans. :)

We should ask Synthetic  (formerly named Bogie). He is the Saints fan.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

We should ask Synthetic  (formerly named Bogie). He is the Saints fan.

There are enough good NFL fans, including yourself that know the Saints need LBs badly. If Synthetic is around, he can always chime in. :)

From a value perspective, we'd have to be thinking Fournette, Solomon Thomas, or one of the CBs I haven't been paying any attention to...

Just now, Archer said:

From a value perspective, we'd have to be thinking Fournette, Solomon Thomas, or one of the CBs I haven't been paying any attention to...

Solomon Thomas with Cameron Jordan would be terrific.

Rules: 

• >> There are no trades allowed. You don't have to explain your picks but if you wish to, you may do so.

>> There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 2 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me). There is no maximum if GMs send their picks ahead of time to me or if they are glued to the thread for the draft.

Round 1

1. Cleveland (1-15) - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A & M
  2. San Francisco (2-14) - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  3. Chicago (3-13) - Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
  4. Jacksonville (3-13) - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12) - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
  6. New York Jets (5-11) - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
  7. San Diego (5-11) - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
  8. Carolina (6-10) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1) - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
  10. Buffalo (7-9) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
  11. New Orleans (7-9) - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
  12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9) - DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson
  13. Arizona (7-8-1)
  14. Indianapolis (8-8)
  15. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8)
  16. Baltimore (8-8)
  17. Washington (8-7-1)
  18. Tennessee (9-7)
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. Denver (9-7)
  21. Detroit* (9-7)
  22. Miami* (10-6)
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)
  24. Oakland* (12-4)
  25. Houston* (9-7)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)
  28. Dallas* (13-3)
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)
  31. Atlanta* (11-5)
  32. New England* (14-2)

3 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

We should do another one of these mocks post-combine and including trades. If anyone is up to it that is.

Let the combine get done, we can do one two weeks prior to the actual draft when a lot of free agency additions have also been made.

13 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

We should do another one of these mocks post-combine and including trades. If anyone is up to it that is.

I was thinking the same thing and would be up for it. But I think it would be better to do it after most part of the 1st and 2nd tier free agents are sign, so that way we would know the needs of the teams going in to the draft.

With the 12th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson.

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There are enough good NFL fans, including yourself that know the Saints need LBs badly. If Synthetic is around, he can always chime in. :)

I should have used a sarcasm emoticon. Sorry. 

26 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Sure. We did two last year. 

Id do one at all times lol. I mean, we probably shouldnt have more than 1 at any given time until april, but until them, as long as there's interest, why not keep em going?

Idk about you guys and girls but this is my favorite time of year. I enjoy these forum mocks each time we do them.

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Idk about you guys and girls but this is my favorite time of year. I enjoy these forum mocks each time we do them.

Love em.

25 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

For all the crap that we give each other on these forums, the egos and the bickering and whatever else have you, these mock draft really are Testament two what a great Community this really is despite all of those drawbacks. They flow smoothly, they have a pretty high participation rate, and they are more fun than any mock websites could ever be. Really an experience that any team fan should participate in at least once.

PS sorry about any typos and awkward capitalize words, used the text to speech function

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

With the 11th overall pick in the draft, the New Orleans Saints select Solomon Thomas, DE Stanford. 

Next up is @MTC for the Cleveland Browns. 

Damnit SaturdayAllDay!! If Thomas had fallen to the 10th pick in the actual draft I'd be in favor of snatching him up before New Orleans. 

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

My guy was just taken

Sorry to hear that. (I am a Stanford fan; love him.)  You have lots of talented players to choose from. Think Mexican food. :) Is it too early?

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

My guy was just taken

Just take Fournette and watch us go bazooka on you!!! :):)

You can take the red pill and see how far the rabbit hole of criticisms go or take the blue pill and it will all come to an end. :) 

34 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

My guy was just taken

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry to hear that. (I am a Stanford fan; love him.)  You have lots of talented players to choose from. Think Mexican food. :) Is it too early?

YES. TAKE TACO.

@Clem-Dog and the Cardinals have 10 minutes! Fellow GM's and Spectators may now field choices for the Cardinals consensus pick if Clem-Dog doesn't get his pick on time.

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

@Clem-Dog and the Cardinals have 10 minutes! Fellow GM's and Spectators may now field choices for the Cardinals consensus pick if Clem-Dog doesn't get his pick on time.

Probably a corner, they need one to play next to PP. Marlon Humphery?