Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

Gavin Mock Draft GM Game - Round 1

Recommended Posts

Rules: 

  • >> There are no trades allowed. You don't have to explain your picks but if you wish to, you may do so.

>> There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 3 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me). There is no maximum if GMs send their picks ahead of time to me or if they are glued to the thread for the draft.

 

 

Round 1

 

  1. Cleveland (1-15) - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A & M
  2. San Francisco (2-14)
  3. Chicago (3-13)
  4. Jacksonville (3-13)
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12)
  6. New York Jets (5-11)
  7. San Diego (5-11)
  8. Carolina (6-10)
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1)
  10. Buffalo (7-9)
  11. New Orleans (7-9)
  12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9)
  13. Arizona (7-8-1)
  14. Indianapolis (8-8)
  15. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8)
  16. Baltimore (8-8)
  17. Washington (8-7-1)
  18. Tennessee (9-7)
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. Denver (9-7)
  21. Detroit* (9-7)
  22. Miami* (10-6)
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)
  24. Oakland* (12-4)
  25. Houston* (9-7)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)
  28. Dallas* (13-3)
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)
  31. Atlanta* (11-5)
  32. New England* (14-2)

 

 

·         Los Angeles -> Tennessee: Jared Goff

·         Minnesota -> Philadelphia: Sam Bradford

·         Philadelphia -> Cleveland: Carson Wentz
 

 

Updated List of GMs:

 

  1. Cleveland - MTC
  2. San Francisco - CantBeStopped
  3. Chicago - Superman
  4. Jacksonville - LJPalmBeacher
  5. LA Rams - The Brazilian Ninja
  6. New York Jets - Track Guy
  7. LA Chargers - NorthernBlue
  8. Carolina - danlhart87
  9. Cincinnati - CheezyColt
  10. Buffalo - tweezy32
  11. New Orleans - SaturdayAllDay
  12. Minnesota - NFLFan
  13. Arizona - Clem-Dog
  14. Indianapolis - BPRoland85
  15. Philadelphia - PrincetonTiger
  16. Baltimore - MarquisJ
  17. Washington - 21IsSuperman
  18. Tennessee - bananabucket
  19. Tampa Bay - WarGhost21
  20. Denver - stitches
  21. Detroit - SolomonThomasFanAccount
  22. Miami - jvan1973
  23. New York Giants - twfish
  24. Oakland - OffensivelyPC
  25. Houston - indyagent17
  26. Seattle - RockThatBlue
  27. Kansas City - The Peytonator
  28. Dallas - Defjamz26
  29. Green Bay - Traines
  30. Pittsburgh - funktacious2
  31. Atlanta - footballax31
  32. New England - chad72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MTC gave us his pick in another thread, so here it is.

 

With the first pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

 

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A & M

 

@CantBeStopped is next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

MTC gave us his pick in another thread, so here it is.

 

I added the rules to your OP, hope you don't mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm hoping work won't get in the way of my picks tomorrow lol

 

You can PM your picks based on who you think would be available. Even if it is a top 10 list, that is fine. @CantBeStopped gets 1 hour from 8 am ET to 9 am ET tomorrow and then it will go to a consensus pick if we don't hear from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

You can PM your picks based on who you think would be available. Even if it is a top 10 list, that is fine.

Thanks I might need to do the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

You can PM your picks based on who you think would be available. Even if it is a top 10 list, that is fine. @CantBeStopped gets 1 hour from 8 am ET to 9 am ET tomorrow and then it will go to a consensus pick if we don't hear from him.

I'm pretty sure I'll be here for my picks, but I'm just throwing that out there in case I'm not on during maybe one of my picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules: 

  • >> There are no trades allowed. You don't have to explain your picks but if you wish to, you may do so.

>> There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 3 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me). There is no maximum if GMs send their picks ahead of time to me or if they are glued to the thread for the draft.

 

 

Round 1

 

  1. Cleveland (1-15) - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A & M
  2. San Francisco (2-14) - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  3. Chicago (3-13)
  4. Jacksonville (3-13)
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12)
  6. New York Jets (5-11)
  7. San Diego (5-11)
  8. Carolina (6-10)
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1)
  10. Buffalo (7-9)
  11. New Orleans (7-9)
  12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9)
  13. Arizona (7-8-1)
  14. Indianapolis (8-8)
  15. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8)
  16. Baltimore (8-8)
  17. Washington (8-7-1)
  18. Tennessee (9-7)
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. Denver (9-7)
  21. Detroit* (9-7)
  22. Miami* (10-6)
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)
  24. Oakland* (12-4)
  25. Houston* (9-7)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)
  28. Dallas* (13-3)
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)
  31. Atlanta* (11-5)
  32. New England* (14-2)

 

@Superman is on the clock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 3 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me)

 

I think there should probably be a sleep period where the clock is off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

 

I think there should probably be a sleep period where the clock is off. 

 

Maybe we change it a window of 2 hours for 8 picks from 8 am to 12 pm midnight with 8 hours for sleep??? What do you think? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

Maybe we change it a window of 2 hours for 8 picks from 8 am to 12 pm midnight with 8 hours for sleep??? What do you think? :)

 

Yeah I think that works if we're trying to hit 8 picks per day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

Maybe we change it a window of 2 hours for 8 picks from 8 am to 12 pm midnight with 8 hours for sleep??? What do you think? :)

I like that. Also, do you happen to have a list of players Superman wants? By the earlier logic, he has about 30 minutes left on the clock (8 AM to 11AM).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If @Superman doesn't get his pick in on time, I would imagine the next best player is Jonathan Allen.  Bears needs help along the DL and in the secondary, but Allen is too good a talent to pass up on at that pick.  Just my opinion.

 

Also, I think we should give him a bit more time than 1115am since we assumed initially the draft wouldn't start until today, but the second overall pick was made 15 minutes into the start of regular business hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

How about DeShaun Watson to Chicago

I don't think they're sold on Watson from what I've heard around the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

How about DeShaun Watson to Chicago

 

Don't they still have Cutler? So they don't need a qb.... haha 

Kizer is a good regional fit.

I'll vote Kizer, QB's are always overdrafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

There are 3 votes for Allen  and 1 for Watson.

Is that enough to name Allen the pick?

I'd say wait for Chad on the final decision, as he is the commish in this mock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

 

Don't they still have Cutler? So they don't need a qb.... haha 

Kizer is a good regional fit.

I'll vote Kizer, QB's are always overdrafted.

I thought QB, but this draft isn't a very QB friendly draft and if I know Supes at all, he's a BPA guy and Allen (or perhaps S Thomas) are BPA at this point and they fit needs, according to most websites, for the Bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I'd say wait for Chad on the final decision, as he is the commish in this mock

 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed

Well of course, but traditionally, when someone misses their picks, we've sort of put our thoughts out there as to who should be drafted to give the draft moderator some input before he makes that call.  21isSuperman actually had a BPA list so there wasn't much but to draft the top guy if it made sense as far as needs (i.e. wouldn't take the top guy if it was a WR and that same team had already drafted one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I thought QB, but this draft isn't a very QB friendly draft and if I know Supes at all, he's a BPA guy and Allen (or perhaps S Thomas) are BPA at this point and they fit needs, according to most websites, for the Bears.

The mock I looked at said Watson or Trade for the Bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Well of course, but traditionally, when someone misses their picks, we've sort of put our thoughts out there as to who should be drafted to give the draft moderator some input before he makes that call.  21isSuperman actually had a BPA list so there wasn't much but to draft the top guy if it made sense as far as needs (i.e. wouldn't take the top guy if it was a WR and that same team had already drafted one).

That's what I was trying to get at, where we through options out and Chad will make the call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarGhost21 said:

That's what I was trying to get at, where we through options out and Chad will make the call.

The Same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The mock I looked at said Watson or Trade for the Bears

I'm pretty sure Superman isn't really a fan of Watson... Just my input, I think he wants to go elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I'm pretty sure Superman isn't really a fan of Watson... Just my input, I think he wants to go elsewhere.

Just look at Supermans sig.

Stick to your board. Dont draft for need. Maximize value. (Something along that line)

 

Thats screams not to take a qb on need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Allen is my vote and it is the pick. It is officially 12 noon ET now.

 

With the 3rd pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select:

 

Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama

 

 

@LJpalmbeacher is on the clock for the Jaguars. He needs to make his pick by 2 pm ET since the window is 2 hours now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to get this Draft moving, so without delay  with 4th pick of the 2017 Draft

 

the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

 

Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...