Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

YOU are The GM game

Alright, lets play the GM game. Here is how it works. First take our current roster and salary cap. If you want to cut some vets to make more room for FA signings, by all means list those here.....Art Jones seems to be a popular cut for example. Re-sign with contract # who you want to retain of our own free agents as well. Ok now you have your cap #. Fill the appropriate positions with your non Colt FA's and their contract. Now onto the draft. Now you can't guarantee your guy will be there just cause you want him its a draft, the Browns might take a punter with the first overall, ok maybe not but my point is the draft is uncertain, so if you are planning to draft for a position you need to list your top 3 choices. Example if you are drafting an Edge Rusher your response may look like this #1 Barnett , #2 Lawson, #3 T.J. Watt or what have you. Lets see who builds the best defense for the team. Don't let me down, there will be a new air breather in most of these positions this year don't make us fans curse you for your choices the pressures on...."Make the Colts Great Again"

We got some whip smart fans on here, and I am still getting up to speed with the draft class this year so I look forward to learning something with this, it will take some effort, sorry about that.....but it should be an interesting read.

The premise to this format, is many good threads go bad around here when a mock draft gets shot down with the following phrase, "Fill in the blank wont fall that far" or, "I wouldn't take fill in the blank that high" this attempts to ignore what round and pick the player happens and examines only who you would take if he is available.

Defense

Edge Rusher

back up Edge Rusher

Run Stop OLB

back up Run Stop OLB

ILB pass cover

ILB run stuffer

CB#2

CB#3

Pass cover S

NT

Offense

RT

TE

#3 TE

RB

back up RB

WR #4(or #3 for the Dorsett haters ;))

ST

P

Edge: Thomas, Garrett, Taco

OLB: Takk, Watt, Reddick

ILB: Foster, Davis, McMillan

CB: Lattimore, Tankersley, Lewis

S: Hooker, Baker, Adams

WR: Jones, Kupp, Reynolds

DT: Allen, Brantley, McDowell

RB:  Cook, Fournette, McCaffrey

Just my opinions on who I'd want in order if we were picking that position.

Trade Andrew Luck and start from scratch.  I do not see us winning the Super Bowl in the next 2 years.  Here We Go...

Trade Luck to NY Jets  (3 First Rounders and 2 Seconds and 1 Third)

1. Deshaun Watson QB

1. Soloman Thomas DE

2. Malik McDowell DL

2. TJ Watt OLB

3. Joe Mixon RB

4. Eddie Jackson S

4. Reeves-Maybin ILB

5. Danny Isidora G

6. Austin Rehkow P

FA: Poe, G, CB

1. Arden Key DE or Sam Hubbard DE

1. BPA...

1. BPA...

10 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Trade Andrew Luck and start from scratch.  I do not see us winning the Super Bowl in the next 2 years.  Here We Go...

Trade Luck to NY Jets  (3 First Rounders and 2 Seconds and 1 Third)

1. Deshaun Watson QB

1. Soloman Thomas DE

2. Malik McDowell DL

2. TJ Watt OLB

3. Joe Mixon RB

4. Eddie Jackson S

4. Reeves-Maybin ILB

5. Danny Isidora G

6. Austin Rehkow P

FA: Poe, G, CB

1. Arden Key DE or Sam Hubbard DE

1. BPA...

1. BPA...

If this is actually serious, I can't believe some of the people on this forum

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

I would send Allen and Dorsett to SF

I would swap our 17th pick for their second and throw in a 4th round this year

With the number 2 pick overall I take the DT from Bama

1- our pick is 14th or 15th, not 17th

2- To get the 2nd overall pick we would have to trade multiple 1st round picks to get there. We would be lucky to trade Allen or Dorsett for a 4th round pick each. Last year to get from where we are to the 1st overall pick, it took the Rams 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 third round picks. The 49ers accepting this trade would be the dumbest move this league has seen in years, if not decades. 

1 hour ago, Boomstick1 said:

If this is actually serious, I can't believe some of the people on this forum

Teams Win Championships...just ask Philip Rivers.  I liken the Colts to the Giants and Steelers organizations...w/o every having the defensive swagger (Aside from 2006).

2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Teams Win Championships...just ask Philip Rivers.  I liken the Colts to the Giants and Steelers organizations...w/o every having the defensive swagger (Aside from 2006).

So you're trading the only thing keeping this team afloat for a QB in the draft who's not even that good. You trade Luck to the Jets and they're a playoff team. 

12 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

Edge: Thomas, Garrett, Taco

OLB: Takk, Watt, Reddick

ILB: Foster, Davis, McMillan

CB: Lattimore, Tankersley, Lewis

S: Hooker, Baker, Adams

WR: Jones, Kupp, Reynolds

DT: Allen, Brantley, McDowell

RB:  Cook, Fournette, McCaffrey

Just my opinions on who I'd want in order if we were picking that position.

Interesting.....you have baker over Adams and TJ Watt & Reddick over Barnett/Williams?

13 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

So you're trading the only thing keeping this team afloat for a QB in the draft who's not even that good. You trade Luck to the Jets and they're a playoff team. 

Yes. Same Philosophy that Seattle had (With a Third Round QB).  Ravens...  Giants... Early Pats (With a Sixth Round QB)...  Solid Defense with a young talented QB.  Luck is on his 5-6 season now...another surgery this off season... In the beginning, he reminded me of a Rothlisburger Clone...but more and more I am seeing a Flaco type w/o the defense. Get Value Now and re-build the monster. The Defense with those picks is a top 8-10 defense w/o sacrificing much of a offensive let-down. Cheers.  (It's a different point of few to consider in this Fictitious mock draft)

1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

And where is your fictitious mock draft?  With that kind of knee jerk reaction, Go root for the browns...

I mean yeah that guy is the wrong, he shouldn't tell you to kill yourself just over an idea and what not..........

but like you talk about knee jerk reactions immediately after saying they should trade Luck cause they won't win a ring in the next 2 years.....

Also comparing Luck to Flacco is asinine.  

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

I mean yeah that guy is the wrong, he shouldn't tell you to kill yourself just over an idea and what not..........

but like you talk about knee jerk reactions immediately after saying they should trade Luck cause they won't win a ring in the next 2 years.....

Also comparing Luck to Flacco is asinine.  

1. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11252/joe-flacco

2. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14874/andrew-luck

3. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger

Flacco Won a Super Bowl in year 5.

Ben Won 2 Super Bowls < 5-6 years.

Comparison is just a comparison.  It's a mock draft...I am the GM...this is what I feel would be in the best interest of the team in the long run... The "Team" is trending mediocrity...and that is what it is.  This year is going to be very telling with regards to our organizations commitment to winning...winning a super bowl. If we draft another wide receiver in the first, I'll curse with furious anger.

3 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Yes. Same Philosophy that Seattle had (With a Third Round QB).  Ravens...  Giants... Early Pats (With a Sixth Round QB)...  Solid Defense with a young talented QB.  Luck is on his 5-6 season now...another surgery this off season... In the beginning, he reminded me of a Rothlisburger Clone...but more and more I am seeing a Flaco type w/o the defense. Get Value Now and re-build the monster. The Defense with those picks is a top 8-10 defense w/o sacrificing much of a offensive let-down. Cheers.  (It's a different point of few to consider in this Fictitious mock draft)

Not sending hate towards but these are my thoughts:

Luck is a top 3 QB imo right now.

When the defense doesn't allow 20+ points, he's 25-0.

Sending Luck to NY would not only kill us for the next few years, but we wouldn't get top 15 draft picks from NY because they'd be in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Boomstick1 said:

Sending Luck to NY would not only kill us for the next few years, but we wouldn't get top 15 draft picks from NY because they'd be in the playoffs. 

Also, QB is the hardest position in sports to get right. There's only a handful of good quarterbacks, and even less elite ones. The Colts have an elite guy, whose locked up for the next five years, and has the potential to get even better by all accounts. Why would you throw that away? Especially since he's only 27 years old.

14 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Also, QB is the hardest position in sports to get right. There's only a handful of good quarterbacks, and even less elite ones. The Colts have an elite guy, whose locked up for the next five years, and has the potential to get even better by all accounts. Why would you throw that away? Especially since he's only 27 years old.

+The only QB in the draft that warrants a first round pick from me is Pat Mahomes III. Even then it'd be a late 1st rounder.

2 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

25-0 is extremely impressive. Goes to show if we had a Defense like KC we would be almost unbeatable with Luck.

18 minutes ago, Boomstick1 said:

+The only QB in the draft that warrants a first round pick from me is Pat Mahomes III. Even then it'd be a late 1st rounder.

I think Watson will be better than you think. He looks to be every bit as good as RG3 coming out of college and he's Taller and bigger than what RG3 was when he got drafted. Watson should be able to stay more healthy because of his size. Once he gets into the pro's I am sure he will put on at least 10 pounds of muscle which will put him at 230. RG3 is currently around 215 and was a twig coming out so he couldn't take hits like Watson should be able too.

19 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

Saying the jets would automatically be in the playoffs with Luck is a reach in my opinion. They would have to beat the pats, 50/50 there, and that's generous, or get the wild card and that is a tough road also. I could honestly see them missing just as often as they make it, at least as long as Brady stays Brady.

On February 19, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Boomstick1 said:

Luck sits just outside the top 5... A QB is only as good as his last year... Here is an interesting QBR Page. Cheers

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

5 hours ago, James Ducheteau said:

Saying the jets would automatically be in the playoffs with Luck is a reach in my opinion. They would have to beat the pats, 50/50 there, and that's generous, or get the wild card and that is a tough road also. I could honestly see them missing just as often as they make it, at least as long as Brady stays Brady.

Wild card team, they have better defensive players then us too