Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Latest NFL.com 3 round Mock has us taking

I would get behind this draft with ease. Thomas gives us that relentless edge player that leads by example and will be a true leader, however I don't see him lasting till our pick. I'm not "wowed" by Cunningham there isn't a particular trait of his that really sticks out essentially a jack of trades and master of non. He is going to be that ILB that racks of tackles left and right but isn't going to make a ton of high impact plays imo e.g. turnovers. Mixon in all honesty is a top 3 RB in this draft and gets comped to L. Bell but can you deal with the video tape? I think Ballard is willing too, look at M. Peters and T. Hill. This draft would get us an impact defensive leader and a stud running back but may be a PR nightmare so it's really hard to knock this draft.

So is it a consensus that Thomas is a DE in a base 3-4? Can he stand up and play the edge? If he's a DE, what are we doing with two of HA, Ridgeway, Langford? That seems to be the strongest position group on our defense.

I like Solomon Thomas a lot. I've just been having trouble pinning down where he would fit. 

I'm still not fond of Cunningham. I'd rather have one of the top CB's remaining. Or maybe Ryan Anderson.

I like Thomas a lot, I'm just not sure how he fits in our defense, as BCoop said above.

I'm also not sold on Cunningham. Just watch a Reuben Foster video, then watch a ZC video. ZC is NOT a good tackler, every tackle is an arm tackle. He gets in position to make a play, but then just tries to latch on and drag the guy down. Foster arrives at the ball carrier with bad intentions and explodes through him to make the tackle. 

I think Mixon in the 3rd is smart. Lots of teams probably waiting til the 4th or so to take a pick on a guy with his issues, but if we do the same thing then chances are he's gone when he pick. He is worth picking up in the third. 

Thomas is a bit of a tweener, but I would love him as our first pick. Only problem is, he will be one of the studs in the combine. May not be highest rated, but will do well in almost all drills. He has already risen up the boards, and a strong combine will cement that. I just don't think he will be there at 14 or 15.

I would have no problem with this draft. It's the best I have seen mocked so far. I would not be surprised at all to see us take Mixon if he's there in the 3rd. 

If we stay put in the 1st Thomas and Taco are who I'm looking at. Cunningham in the 2nd is a solid pick. I'm not as high on him as I once was. He needs to clean some things up. You can't teach those long arms and his athleticism. 

If we want an one of the top every down RB's in this draft then we need to pull the trigger in the 3rd and Hunt and Mixon are the two guys I like. In fact after the big 2 those are the 2 backs I prefer in this draft. 

The beginning of day 3 look for a CB and grab Jerome S. That would look good to me.