Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts, easiest 2017 Strength of Schedule

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Facts are facts boys. The NFL is dictated by Wins and Loses, and the AFC North had the 2nd most in the league. But if you have a better way to judge it rather than personal opinion, please pipe up.

As has already been said to you the Browns only winning one game will throw those numbers off I guess them being bad makes the other 3 good teams terrible all the sudden.....

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah a division with 3 teams in or just outside the playoffs for the last 15 years or so compared to a division with 3 worthless teams and one good team the last 15 years good call 

Actually we have been the worse Division in Football for years but I do think the NFC West is a tad worse now. Record wise the AFC North was even worse but by the eye test I know they have Pitt, Balt, and Cincy so I know they have quality there. The NFC West really only has a Seattle team in decline worth bragging about.

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah a division with 3 teams in or just outside the playoffs for the last 15 years or so compared to a division with 3 worthless teams and one good team the last 15 years good call 

Haha. Nice. What has Ray Lewis got to do with how good the division is now. What a joke.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually we have been the worse Division in Football for years but I do think the NFC West is a tad worse now. Record wise the AFC North was even worse but by the eye test I know they have Pitt, Balt, and Cincy so I know they have quality there. The NFC West really only has a Seattle team in decline worth bragging about.

I agree it's better now just this idea that the AFC North is worse is a joke our division isn't the worst anymore 

11 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Haha. Nice. What has Ray Lewis got to do with how good the division is now. What a joke.

Who the hell brought up Lewis the Ravens haven't won less then 8 games but like once in recent years same with the steelers like I said 1 team isn't gonna bring down the other 3 but that doesn't fit your rah rah style the Colts are always the best always 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who the hell brought up Lewis the Ravens haven't won less then 8 games but like once in recent years same with the steelers like I said 1 team isn't gonna bring down the other 3 but that doesn't fit your rah rah style the Colts are always the best always 

You really don't have a clue about much, do you. My comments have zero to do with the Colts. 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree it's better now just this idea that the AFC North is worse is a joke our division isn't the worst anymore 

Ok, my last attempt. What dictates the worst team each year? The no.1 seed? Yep. Wins and loses. Did the AFC South win more games than the AFC North last season? A simple yes or no will suffice. So if we used the same ranking system for divisions, who would be the higher seed? No eye tests, no 15 year history, no Super Bowl wins. Just plain old wins and loses in 2016/17. Go on, thrill me.

2 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Ok, my last attempt. What dictates the worst team each year? The no.1 seed? Yep. Wins and loses. Did the AFC South win more games than the AFC North last season? A simple yes or no will suffice. So if we used the same ranking system for divisions, who would be the higher seed? No eye tests, no 15 year history, no Super Bowl wins. Just plain old wins and loses in 2016/17. Go on, thrill me.

Like Parcells said - you are what your record(s) says your are.  The AFC North and NFC West were the only divisions with only 1 team over .500. 

It's interesting that a team like the Ravens are given every excuse for why they were really better than 8-8.  Yet the Colts must have had the worst coach in the game in order to be that bad.

16 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I have to agree here.  You can even dive deeper.  What is the W/L record not including division games?  Each division plays 40 non division games and 24 division games.  The AFC South was a quality division this year.  It just wasn't top heavy.  More like how the NFC East has been for the last decade or so until the Cowboys break out season this year.  Three middle of the road teams and one below average team.

38 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Like Parcells said - you are what your record(s) says your are.  The AFC North and NFC West were the only divisions with only 1 team over .500. 

It's interesting that a team like the Ravens are given every excuse for why they were really better than 8-8.  Yet the Colts must have had the worst coach in the game in order to be that bad.

I agree.

It is very much like real life. You can either motivate yourself to get better by comparing yourself to the better ones who you could have been as good as (or) you can commiserate with others in misery by saying "well, it could have been worse, I am glad I am content with where I am." The key is if you are using it as an excuse to not strive for better or if you truly recognize you underachieved despite giving your best. :)

The NFL is a true meritocracy where wins don't come easy and should not be dismissed as trivial, no matter how weak your opposition.

53 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

You really don't have a clue about much, do you. My comments have zero to do with the Colts. 

You sitting here trying guys to justify a division with 2 teams better then our whole division and one SB contender is worse then our division it's just dumb your just * cause people are telling you that the Colts have an easy division and you don't wanna hear it 

If you switch the Colts with the Ravens (the two 8-8 teams last year), the Colts would never win the division with the Steelers in it. We would be competing for 2nd place with Cinci every year hoping to get a Wildcard spot until Ben retires. We can win the division in the AFC South if we improve. There's really no difference between the Jags and the Browns, despite the 2 win difference. Cinci is arguably a better team than the Titans when healthy, and the Steelers are superior to the Texans. Are we really that much better of a team than the Ravens? The reason people give more credit to the Ravens is that they won a SB in 2012 (which is somewhat recent), can give everyone, including the Pats, tough games, and have a complete team, including a slightly above average QB. Based on the overall talent of their team, they underperformed last year. Based on our overall team, it's about the correct record the last two years.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You sitting here trying guys to justify a division with 2 teams better then our whole division and one SB contender is worse then our division it's just dumb your just * cause people are telling you that the Colts have an easy division and you don't wanna hear it 

Give up. All I hear is dig dig dig. 

PS - I hope and wish that we have the weakest division as long as I live. That, my friend, is for the record. It also finishes your stupid argument right there. 

Goodnight, and let's move on to our next disagreement in another thread. And I'm pretty sure we will eventually agree on something in the coming months. Law of averages and all that.......

Meaningless.  Tough games now will look like easy ones later.  Easy ones now will seem tough later.

Are we getting last year's bad Arizona, Cinci, Denver or will they go back to their normal winning ways?  How much tougher will the Titans be?  Will the Jags finally turn the corner?  No.  But you get the point.

6 hours ago, Finball said:

How often does projected strength of schedule in February actually end up being accurate? We still have the draft and FA coming. A lot can change.

That said, as of now, it certainly does look fairly easy.

Yup, its mostly meaningless. It doesn't account for how teams may improve during an offseason too.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you switch the Colts with the Ravens (the two 8-8 teams last year), the Colts would never win the division with the Steelers in it. We would be competing for 2nd place with Cinci every year hoping to get a Wildcard spot until Ben retires. We can win the division in the AFC South if we improve. There's really no difference between the Jags and the Browns, despite the 2 win difference. Cinci is arguably a better team than the Titans when healthy, and the Steelers are superior to the Texans. Are we really that much better of a team than the Ravens? The reason people give more credit to the Ravens is that they won a SB in 2012 (which is somewhat recent), can give everyone, including the Pats, tough games, and have a complete team, including a slightly above average QB. Based on the overall talent of their team, they underperformed last year. Based on our overall team, it's about the correct record the last two years.

Jags have WAY MORE TALENT then Cleveland. Throw out there records. If the Colts were in the AFC North they would learn how to compete with Pittsburgh HOPEFULLY!!

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's all fun & games until somebody brings up the darn bumble bees [sorry Steelers] who pulverize INDY into dust like clockwork. 

I can't argue with that, even if I wanted to. Come on Big Ben retire. Pretty please! Just kidding! Not really. Good post Jared. 

I agree. The Ravens are living off that Joe Flacco SB a little too much. Or maybe it's just because I still can't believe Jim Caldwell won a SB ring as their OC to this day. Nothing against Jim, but come on, nobody saw that one coming. Be honest. 

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Like Parcells said - you are what your record(s) says your are.

Are you sure Bill Polian didn't coin that phrase? LOL! He used it some much like reflex as our GM in INDY that you'd swear he received royalty kickbacks from it every time he blurted into out in front of the local press. 

Yeah, I know the Tuna said it. I'm just goofing around. 

9 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Are you sure Bill Polian didn't coin that phrase? LOL! He used it some much like reflex as our GM in INDY that you'd swear he received royalty kickbacks from it every time he blurted into out in front of the local press. 

Yeah, I know the Tuna said it. I'm just goofing around. 

I loved the Tuna when I lived in New York!  Hidden yardage and calling Elvis Patterson "Toast" because he gets burnt so much! I was born a Colts fan, thank you Dad RIP, but appreciated the Tuna :)

4 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I loved the Tuna when I lived in New York!  Hidden yardage and calling Elvis Patterson "Toast" because he gets burnt so much! I was born a Colts fan, thank you Dad RIP, but appreciated the Tuna :)

Just like your dear departed father [my sincerest condolences BTW]; I respected Bill Parcells as well. I always appreciated how brutally honest Bill was.

He said what you needed to hear not what you wanted to hear. Plus, Curtis Martin loved the man & any guy who can be credited with molding Martin into a fine, upstanding person & be his father figure is aces in my book. :thmup:

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Just like your dear departed father [my sincerest condolences BTW]; I respected Bill Parcells as well. I always appreciated how brutally honest Bill was.

He said what you needed to hear not what you wanted to hear. Plus, Curtis Martin loved the man & any guy who can be credited with molding Martin into a fine, upstanding person & be his father figure is aces in my book. :thmup:

One more....

"If they want you to cook the meal, they ought to let you buy the groceries".

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

One more....

"If they want you to cook the meal, they ought to let you buy the groceries".

I got the biggest sinister grin on my face the day Bill said that. Classic Parcells & just like my old man no filter either.

Be careful what you ask for opinion wise cause he'll actually tell ya whether you're ready for it or not. Bah! Ha! Ha! 

5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Aye. Just for fun, what is the best division?

Would say the NFC South right now actually. Back to back NFC champs and MVPs don't lie. Three good to great QBs in that division and one above average possibly. And since 2009 the NFC South has had 3 different NFC champions from it.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I know I am rooting for the Patriots not to get the #1 seed in the AFC.

I feel it will be the Steelers at #1 and the #2 and #3 will be a battle between the Patriots and Raiders/Chiefs with the Raiders/Chiefs games vs Patriots deciding that at the end, IMO. I just don't think the AFC South will win enough against the other 3 divisions to make a dent in the bye week column.

On the NFC side, I think the Seahawks get the #1 seed if Earl Thomas decides to return.

Raiders are the only AFC team I give a shot to at this point to upset the Pats and it's a long shot. The only thing that may hurt the Pats next year will be fatigue setting in and a potential defensive slowdown. And you can't out score the Pats in big games as a formula, you need defense.......

Everyone acts like you can win this shoot out with Brady in a big game, you can't usually. Even without Gronk he has shown he can do it.

I only give the Raiders a shot IF their defense improves A LOT. They have the QB and might have the hunger too since they will feel bitter they didn't have Carr for a playoff run this past year. But, still it's a long shot. 

I was super high on the Chiefs but losing faith in them. Defensively they were a tad overrated IMO and the only way they can do it is if they make a switch at QB. Alex Smith isn't going to get the job done in big games. And no to the Broncos either in case anyone brings them up. Those days are over. The "get Peyton his second ring" parade is long gone now.

Steelers are just overrated.......sorry but they are. Even if they got the first or second seed, Tomlin will not beat the Patriots in a big game. Steelers have shown time and time again that they are big game screw ups vs. the Patriots. I don't think I would pick the Steelers even if they were hosting the Pats in Pittsburgh.

And everyone will hate to hear it but if Houston had something that resembled an offense they could make some serious noise since that defense was nasty even without JJ Watt.

You know how the Pats would lose in the playoffs? If like everyone joined together and rooted FOR THEM which will never happen. The Patriots thrive on hate and join together even more with hate and disrespect.