Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts, easiest 2017 Strength of Schedule

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

No supries. When you play crappy for 2 years in a row you eventually play all crappy teams. Not a big supries that division winners play a hard schedule.

The only two teams we play that reflect our 'crappy play' are Denver and Buffalo. Read the link to see how it works, but no, you would rather just use it to whinge.....

12 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

No supries. When you play crappy for 2 years in a row you eventually play all crappy teams. Not a big supries that division winners play a hard schedule.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

1 minute ago, Finball said:

How often does projected strength of schedule in February actually end up being accurate? We still have the draft and FA coming. A lot can change.

That said, as of now, it certainly does look fairly easy.

Did you open and read the link? It explains some of the relevance. 

17 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Did you open and read the link? It explains some of the relevance. 

Yes, this is one relevant part.

Before the 2016 season started, the Falcons were set to play the league’s most-difficult schedule. But after the games were played, Atlanta actually played the eighth-easiest schedule.

5 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

NFC West.......then AFC North.

NFC West is definitely worse. The Rams and 49ers are dumpster fires, Cards are ok and will probably bounce back a tad because of Arians but they aren't a contender, and the Seahawks are in decline. We finally don't have the worst the Division IMO. Our schedule as of now looks to be favorable but it's tough to project in February because certain teams improve a lot and others decline year after year.

5 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

NFC West.......then AFC North.

NFC Weat I can just about get behind, but both have at least one true playoff team in them. Seattle and Pitt. AFC North also has Cincy who are a 9-7/10-6 worthy team. 

AFC South has no team ready for playoff success. Closest would be the Titans probably, but I need to see more of them before I christen them playoff-worthy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NFC West is definitely worse. The Rams and 49ers are dumpster fires, Cards are ok and will probably bounce back a tad because of Arians but they aren't a contender, and the Seahawks are in decline. We finally IMO don't have the worst the Division IMO. Our schedule as of now looks to be favorable but it's tough to project in February because certain teams improve a lot and others decline year after year.

You are correct on both counts, although the stats on the SOS last year did allude that it does make a difference.

2 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

NFC Weat I can just about get behind, but both have at least one true playoff team in them. Seattle and Pitt. AFC North also has Cincy who are a 9-7/10-6 worthy team. 

AFC South has no team ready for playoff success. Closest would be the Titans probably, but I need to see more of them before I christen them playoff-worthy.

One play-off team does not a good division make......

Just now, braveheartcolt said:

You are correct on both counts, although the stats on the SOS last year did allude that it does make a difference.

Yeah I hope it works in our favor, we need all the help we can get and I miss being in the Playoffs. I still think the Jags are at least a year away from even maybe being .500. I am not sure about how good how the Texans and Titans will be? Texans have a solid Roster but no QB.

Wait when did the AFC North become a bottom tier division as alluded to in this topic?

That is soooo far from the truth.  One terribly ran team doesn't make a division terrible...

Ravens play literally everyone tough still even though they are still trying to find an identity. They fluctuate between 8-12 wins and they do it consistently.  The one time they haven't they lost their QB for the year...

Bengals when healthy have legitimate AFC championship aspirations.  They may underachieve in the playoffs but it doesn't make them a bad team. 

Steelers are as dominant as ever and like the Ravens haven't been under 8 wins in how long now?

The only team that is not a good team is the Browns.  And even they have taken quite a bunch of teams down to the very last minute....

1 hour ago, Surge89 said:

Wait when did the AFC North become a bottom tier division as alluded to in this topic?

That is soooo far from the truth.  One terribly ran team doesn't make a division terrible...

Ravens play literally everyone tough still even though they are still trying to find an identity. They fluctuate between 8-12 wins and they do it consistently.  The one time they haven't they lost their QB for the year...

Bengals when healthy have legitimate AFC championship aspirations.  They may underachieve in the playoffs but it doesn't make them a bad team. 

Steelers are as dominant as ever and like the Ravens haven't been under 8 wins in how long now?

The only team that is not a good team is the Browns.  And even they have taken quite a bunch of teams down to the very last minute....

Since it had the 2nd least wins in the league. No other way to judge. But I'm guessing that doesn't fit your negative agenda.

Your 100% Correct, it's NOT.

3 Solid teams that each can make. playoffs and do damage

I know I am rooting for the Patriots not to get the #1 seed in the AFC.

I feel it will be the Steelers at #1 and the #2 and #3 will be a battle between the Patriots and Raiders/Chiefs with the Raiders/Chiefs games vs Patriots deciding that at the end, IMO. I just don't think the AFC South will win enough against the other 3 divisions to make a dent in the bye week column.

On the NFC side, I think the Seahawks get the #1 seed if Earl Thomas decides to return.

So true this dumb idea that the AFC North is worse then the AFC South is just that dumb 

31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Lol, maybe the browns going winless til game 15 affected the win totals. haha

Facts are facts boys. The NFL is dictated by Wins and Loses, and the AFC North had the 2nd most in the league. But if you have a better way to judge it rather than personal opinion, please pipe up.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

So true this dumb idea that the AFC North is worse then the AFC South is just that dumb 

So dumb that you can't beat it by facts. I know you need our division to be the worst, to fuel your hate, but there you go. Maybe we should use style points or past season results. Will that work for you?

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

Facts are facts boys. The NFL is dictated by Wins and Loses, and the AFC North had the 2nd most in the league. But if you have a better way to judge it rather than personal opinion, please pipe up.

There's a saying, "there are lies, there are Darn lies, and then there are Stats".

Just now, braveheartcolt said:

So dumb that you can't beat it by facts. I know you need our division to be the worst, to fuel your hate, but there you go. Maybe we should use style points or past season results. Will that work for you?

Yeah a division with 3 teams in or just outside the playoffs for the last 15 years or so compared to a division with 3 worthless teams and one good team the last 15 years good call