Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'll Take A Stab At It

I'm admittedly not as informed about the lower round guys as the top guys but WTH?  Here's a shot at it with mostly need in mind and using CBS Sport's prospect rankings:

1st - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

2nd - T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin

3rd - Kevin King, CB, Washington

4th - Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson

5th - Devonte Fields, OLB, Louisville

6th - Ben Braden, OG, Michigan

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Love the picks but not sure some of them will be available to us

Yeah me neither, but I was going off CBS Sports round projections.  Not sure Watt will make it to us in round 2 and not sure Gallman will make it to 4.  Maybe swap Gallman and King?

5 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

D Cook, over all those avail RBs.  I'm telling ya you can't lose with this guy....

Yeah, I like the guy too, but not enough to ignore my porous defense for.  Unless he can rush the passer he aint gonna help nearly as much as a guy like Barnett et al, especially with a young OL that is still learning to play together.  Frank Gore, although aging, is NOT a bad RB and he has trouble finding holes with these guys.

14 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm admittedly not as informed about the lower round guys as the top guys but WTH?  Here's a shot at it with mostly need in mind and using CBS Sport's prospect rankings:

1st - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

2nd - T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin

3rd - Kevin King, CB, Washington

4th - Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson

5th - Devonte Fields, OLB, Louisville

6th - Ben Braden, OG, Michigan

Moar MLBs plz.

8 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Moar MLBs plz.

I guess we have an extra 4th.  Problem is according to CBS Sports ILB is very short this year.  They only have 14 guys they list as draftable at that position.  Perhaps a guy like Kendall Beckwith, who is projected as round 3-4, although he has some injury concerns.  I also like Boulware from Clemson but we may be able to get him as a FA.

23 hours ago, stitches said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see the appeal of TJ Watt this high in the draft? I've seen him mocked in the first or second round? I wouldn't take him in the first two days at all.

IDK but I like his motor.  I think many are expecting him to be somewhat like his brother who was a little bit unheralded coming out of college, or at least afraid of missing out on him like many did with his brother.  Of course, the top of that 2011 draft was loaded.  I still can't believe he went after Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert.  LOL

I think 2nd round is appropriate for him but I wouldn't take him in the 1st.  I don't think he will be like his brother but I do think he will be solid.