Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl Predictions

CR91

Patriots 34 Giants 17

The Pats are angry and outside of Vegas are looked at as an underdog, so even without a 100% Gronk I think this has all the makings of Tom Brady throwing for 300 yards and at least 3 TD's and if you ask me the Giants and that D-line especially seem a bit too over-confident

Since I avoid computers on weekends, I guess I have to make a prediction today!

Hmmm, this one is tough. It's a weird game - the Patriots are favored, but most people are picking the Giants to win it straight up.

I am going to go out on a limb here a bit. I say it's going to be a very tight game through to the 4th, high-scoring, and then one of the unheralded Patriot defenders will make a huge game-changing play. Maybe a strip sack or a pick. At that point the Patriots will go up by two scores and it ends that way.

Patriots 34, Giants 24.

Patriots win by two touchdowns.I will have Faidleys crab cakes during the game. I agree with Shakedown that at least 2 Giants players will be arrested. Jim Irsay will tweet his heart out. And we'll all have to go to work on Monday regardless of who wins.

First one to 27 points wins this game. That has been true in every SB, when it has not been a defensive battle. :)

The two highest scoring SBs have been SB 13 with the Steelers beating Cowboys 35-31 and SB 38 with the Patriots beating the Panthers 32-29. In both cases, the Steelers and the Patriots were the first to hit the 27 mark (28 in the Steelers case, 29 in the Patriots case).

Only 1 player has come back from a deficit of more than 3 in the last 5 minutes in the 4th qtr. of a SB - Eli Manning (4, when he was down 10-14).

Others that have come back from a deficit of 3 are Joe Montana, Big Ben. That is why I knew it was curtains once Peyton's Colts got behind the Saints by 7 in the 4th qtr., have to keep it a FG game to stand a chance in the waning minutes of the 4th qtr. for the most part.

I planned on picking the winner of Packers/Giants to win the whole thing. So I have to go with the Giants. It's a tough one, but I felt the NFC was a lot more competitive this year and they might be the more battle tested team in the end.

I don't get it why everybody is picking the Giant's in the media.The numbers don't add up.The Giant's should have been gone last week.Their defensive numbers this year were not any better than the Pat's and their offense was worse.I say Patriots 28 24.As much as I hate Boston teams ,I hate NY media and hype worse.Go Pats.

so the big game is almost upon us. who is your choice to hoist the hardware?

giants vs patriots- this is basically the same pass rush that got brady last time. guess we will see if he learned from his last super bowl.

wong,this team is not nearly as good as defensively as the first time.They don" have near the pass ush.Why people believe that is mind boggling.Alex Smith hardly got touched a couple weeks ago.Can't wait to hear the NY media cry after this one.

wong,this team is not nearly as good as defensively as the first time.They don" have near the pass ush.Why people believe that is mind boggling.Alex Smith hardly got touched a couple weeks ago.Can't wait to hear the NY media cry after this one.

dont read up to much on stats pal. they dont tell the whole story. its how that defense is playing now not during the regular season.

This pass rush IS better this time around. They have a sick pass rotation. Just because they don't sack you doesn't mean that they aren't making plays. They will force Brady to get rid of the ball early and Eli will tear that secondary up. Edelman will be on Cruz most likely. Give me a beak that's a HUGE mis match

This pass rush IS better this time around. They have a sick pass rotation. Just because they don't sack you doesn't mean that they aren't making plays. They will force Brady to get rid of the ball early and Eli will tear that secondary up. Edelman will be on Cruz most likely. Give me a beak that's a HUGE mis match

Here's what I find a little hard to believe though. Will Belichick really put a quasi-DB on arguably the Giants' best receiver? I don't think he will, they will double him and use bracket coverage, but I find it hard to believe that Belichick will leave Edelman on Cruz one on one

Here's what I find a little hard to believe though. Will Belichick really put a quasi-DB on arguably the Giants' best receiver? I don't think he will, they will double him and use bracket coverage, but I find it hard to believe that Belichick will leave Edelman on Cruz one on one

That while secondary is suspect. If they double Cruz there is 2 other great WR or the TE to throw it to. Just don't see them winning. I know they can but I think nyg have to much

the Giants were outscored in the regular season and luckily fell into the playoffs,took advantage of a Packer choke job and a gift win at SF.They are arguably one of the worst SB teams ever.This is not 07,I think people think this is a rematch from that year.The Giants have a good pass game,the Pat's better.The Pat's give up a lot of yards but no points.The Giants are going to school tonight.

I am pulling for the Giants. My heart says Giants.

My head says you don't fool the hoody twice. So my head says the Pats win 41-24 as much as I hate to say that. I think BB is going to have answers for the Giants and confuse Eli like he has been able to do to his brother. Two things are driving me on this. I really think the "pay back" factor does mean something to Brady and Hoody, more than they will ever admit. I also go back to Brady talking about how bad he played during the AFCCG and then promising to play better in the Super Bowl. Sometimes I think great players just know when they are going to have a good game, I go back to the 2006 season and Reggie Wayne had something like four TDs vs. the Broncos and people were starting to question if Wayne had surpased Marvin as our number one WR. Well all that week Wayne kept saying Marvin is going to have a huge game in New England and sure enough Marvin did. Also QBs like Brady tend not to play two bad games in a row. I just think Brady is going to have a great night.

Also as a Colts fan I just know how this season has gone and what would be worse than the Pats winning the Super Bowl on our field? Only if we release Peyton Manning and he plays some place else next season and that looks like it could be coming too.

So that's just the feeling I have. I hope I am wrong and I hope Eli beats the Pats but I am not betting on it.