Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Christian McCaffrey

1 minute ago, Boomstick1 said:

. It has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with the fact that white RBs tend to not work out, hence why teams hesistate. 

It's that type of one dimentional thinking that pisses McCafferney off.

There are NO white running backs in relation to the League. It's probably like 1 for every 100. The color of your skin has nothing to do with it.

There is no reason, physically, physiologically, ethically, emotionally or any other unit of measure that would suggest his "Color" or "Race" should have any effect on his play.

That's like saying a "Black: person wouldn't be good at hockey because othe r"Blacks" didn't work out.

That's the danger of drafting this guy. It could cause a media storm of ignorance.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Freeupfreeney said:

It's that type of one dimentional thinking that pisses McCafferney off.

There are NO white running backs in relation to the League. It's probably like 1 for every 100. The color of your skin has nothing to do with it.

There is no reason, physically, physiologically, ethically, emotionally or any other unit of measure that would suggest his "Color" or "Race" should have any effect on his play.

That's like saying a "Black: person wouldn't be good at hockey because othe r"Blacks" didn't work out.

That's the danger of drafting this guy. It could cause a media storm of ignorance.

CMac is more clean than any other RB in this class. He's not gonna cause any problems by being drafted.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

I don't think it's a "I didn't win the Heisman despite my ridiculous season" kind of comment, so I don't think what you said above holds much weight, nor is it a concern.

His father had these comments:

"There are immediate stereotypes about a white running back who grew up in the suburbs of Colorado. When we've gone to camps or all-star games, he walks on the field and people look at him like he's nothing."

His entire football career has been him fighting against this stereotype, so I think its much more than not getting enough recognition or praise. It's about him busting his butt, doing just as well or better than his African-American counterparts, and people still going "meh..." A combine example: I find it interesting that him and Cook have very similar measurables, yet Cook is viewed as a better back...

McCaffery:

5'11" 202lbs

• 4.48 SEC
    Top Performer
  • 10 REPS
  • 37.5 INCH
    Top Performer
  • 121.0 INCH

Cook:

5'10" 210lbs

• 4.49 SEC
  • 22 REPS
    Top Performer
  • 30.5 INCH
  • 116.0 INCH

Exactomundo Shive.

But, he has to learn from Jackie Robinson, and just keep his mouth shut.

If I was the Coaching Staff of the colts, I'd try to trick him in the interview to try to see if he will say something dumb.

Like "Do you think you'd be drafted higher is you were black"

He should say "No, I think that my draft position would be fully off of my merits"

He did okay when they asked him if he felt disrespected. I can tell the reporter was fishing for him to say something about his race...so good job. But he should have said he doesn't feel disrespected at all, because NFL.com scewed his answer to make it seem like he said he was disrespected, which he did, but they took it out of context..

Do you see now how complicated this problem is?

The interview with this guy is going to be his most important test.

11 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

y not?

I feel we need a guy who can run between the tackles consistently throughout the game. I want defenses to stack the box and the pass rushers to play with more hesitance.

McCaffrey is an electric talent, and has legitimate elite athleticism. I just think stylistically we need somethig different, particularly if we are picking up a back in the top 2 rounds.

4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

I feel we need a guy who can run between the tackles consistently throughout the game. I want defenses to stack the box and the pass rushers to play with more hesitance.

McCaffrey is an electric talent, and has legitimate elite athleticism. I just think stylistically we need somethig different, particularly if we are picking up a back in the top 2 rounds.

I think that's the biggest knock against McCaffery. Most teams don't see 1st round value in someone that is viewed as a change of pace type back. With the right team, he will be an absolute monster as the primary back, but I don't see too many teams who's current scheme fit him in that kind of role.

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

Didn't we have that when we had bradshaw.

I think a lot of people are acting like he "CANT" run between the tackles when that isn't the case at all.

There are not running back that CANT do it, just ones that aren't good at it I.E. Trent Richardson.

I think when you talk about running between the tackles, your saying "Are  you going to get me 4-5 yards)

I don't see any reason, or I haven't seen anything on tape that says he can't do that.

But of course, you don't want to ask him to do that the entire game.

Are you saying, our offense should run between the tackles on most run plays? If so, I can understand your logic.

But I don't see a reason why we can't be creative.

2 hours ago, Freeupfreeney said:

I never said I was never wrong...but I'm write this time. 

And those 10 minutes videos are a condensed video that shows EVER PLAY the highlighted player was involved in for the ENTIRE game, which makes it easier than watching a 3 hour game.

And I think the only reason he is considered as low as he is know, is because of those comments he made.

A lot of people don't know Kurt Warner and Tim Tebow were ostrasized because of their strong religious beliefs. Tebow wasn't that good, but he was no where near as bad as people said (I know you gonna say I sound stupid saying that because everone else says blah blah blah...) but I don't care what everyone else says. He wasn't an accurate QB but neither was Donovan McNcabb. but he won games, so was the case with Tebow. Tebow's first 16 games, and his stats would have been considered a pretty decent first 16 for any rookie if you go back and look.

But people are not, and the NFL WILL NEVER ADMIT and the RAMS will never admit, that they didn't want' any religious zealots or anything causing a media stir at their stadium. That's one the 2nd biggest reason Tebow never had a chance, that and he was inaccurate as hell. And that's was, by Kurt Warners own words, the reason why he was cut from the Rams in favor or Marc Buldger.

And Kurt Warners coach set him up, cuz he left him in the game with a concucssion and he turned the ball over 6 times and benched him for the whole year...only to watch him go to the SB with the Cardinals a few years later.

My point, some things lie beneath what MOST people see. I see those things, and i'm just talking about it. If you can't see it fine, but of course, like I said, it s a reason you never heard it before.

If Cafney never said those things, hed be considered a top 15 pick, but teams see that as a potential problem.

The guy ran 1,600 yards with a bad hip. Cmon man.

So if you want' to know why he isn't still talked about as much, it's because of that. I think he was talked about plenty, so he is also a potential pre-Madonna. That's my theory, that's not fact, but my theory is based on hard facts.

A few times a year,  perhaps 2 or 3 times I call a post a Train Wreck.    I save that special comment for posts that are  filled with such spectacular nonsense that there's no reason to go point by point,  case by case,  example by example through all the things that are wrong with it because  there's just too much silliness involved.  

Now, having re-read this post again and having gone through the rest of your other posts with others posters,  it's clear you're not changing your viewpoint for nothing.     No matter what anyone else says,  you're not moving off your opinion.    You know what you know and that's that.      Well, good for you.

So, I'm not going to waste your time and my time going point by point,  so let's just say I disagree with every paragraph,  sentence and word in this post.     And pretty much everything you wrote in your other posts.

Good luck with these viewpoints.    Good luck with your posts.

Holy Cow,  goodness gracious,  what a mess......

For everyone else but our friend FreeUp, I'd say this about Christian's comment about not getting respect because he's a white running back.

I've not no problem with it.     Just as I don't mind hearing that a QB say he has to be better at his job because he's Black.      Race is a tough problem in America,  even in sports.     I'm pulling for guys like DeSean Watson,  DeShone Kizer and even Pat Mahomes.    Even Teddy Bridgewater from another draft.    I'd like to see them all succeed.   For everyone that does,  it knocks done the argument against black quarterbacks.

Christian plays with a chip on his shoulder.    He thinks NFL-types and many media types don't take him seriously because they think he's not WHATEVER enough because he's not black.     He uses it as fuel to drive him.    And I say good for him.     I can assure everyone it did NOT cause his stock to drop --- pure nonsense.  That comment just isn't controversial enough to cause any problems.     Did it even cause a ripple anywhere in the sports world when he said it?     Maybe for a day.    And that's about it.

Christian has always been thought of as a late 1st-early 2nd round guy.    And that's fine.    And it has very little to do with his race.     It has to do with there aren't many successful running backs in the NFL of ANY COLOR who are 5'11"/6'0" and roughly 200 pounds.     And did ANY of them go in the top-10 of any draft?     That's why he's not thought of as a top-10 guy.      His race, which plays a small factor in his evaluation,  had to be dealt with here at the combine.    Could Christian test out really, REALLY well.     And he did.    That confirms he's a low 1st to high 2nd draft pick.     Could someone take him in the middle of the first?    Sure.    It only takes one team to fall in love with him.   But it's not likely.    Possible,  but not probable. 

I look forward to talking more football and less about race...

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I look forward to talking more football and less about race...

Agreed,

But greedy and desperate reporters don't care about. Here hoping they learned from the first time he said it.

And 5'11 200 pounds is not small at all. That's slightly below average to be honest. If this was 2012 it be straight average size. Either way...the dude isn't undersized at all.

Now strength wise...that's a different story.

2 hours ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Okay, it's because his stats were so good, and he did so many increadible thing, he really should be the only person were talking about in this Draft. If he were black, yeah he might be a top 3 pick, even if he was the exact same size and speed and everthing else.

I personally understand his frustration, but I don't understand how, with an Stanford education, he would say that out loud, knowing what the media might say to him.

But, it wasn't like NOBODY was talking about him. He was gaining more and more recognition.

So, if he wasn't happy with the Praise he was getting, which I think was enough for any college players, that suggest he may be a bit of a pre-Madonna.

What if he comes in the league and gets 1,111 yards ands 10 TD and doesn't get Rookie of the year?

Is he going to start complaining that he didn't get it because of his race?

Seriously?  Tell me you are making a sarcastic comment?

If not you need to quit adding your own spin on something that was taken out of context by you.

20 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Agreed,

But greedy and desperate reporters don't care about. Here hoping they learned from the first time he said it.

And 5'11 200 pounds is not small at all. That's slightly below average to be honest. If this was 2012 it be straight average size. Either way...the dude isn't undersized at all.

Those 10 reps on bench press will be tested during blitz pickups/pass protection, IMO, against raging LBs at the next level with momentum. Those may be the drills I would put him through if thinking of drafting him in round 1 because we all know he can run and receive.

We Colts fans got spoiled because Edge was followed by Addai, both stellar in blitz pickups for the QB; just like we have gotten spoiled with Peyton followed by Andrew.

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A few times a year,  perhaps 2 or 3 times I call a post a Train Wreck.    I save that special comment for posts that are  filled with such spectacular nonsense that there's no reason to go point by point,  case by case,  example by example through all the things that are wrong with it because  there's just too much silliness involved.  

Now, having re-read this post again and having gone through the rest of your other posts with others posters,  it's clear you're not changing your viewpoint for nothing.     No matter what anyone else says,  you're not moving off your opinion.    You know what you know and that's that.      Well, good for you.

So, I'm not going to waste your time and my time going point by point,  so let's just say I disagree with every paragraph,  sentence and word in this post.     And pretty much everything you wrote in your other posts.

Good luck with these viewpoints.    Good luck with your posts.

Holy Cow,  goodness gracious,  what a mess......

He is way overthinking everything and blowing his opinion out of proportion, JMO. I will say this, he doesn't back off his opinion for nothing haha 

2 hours ago, snkdy said:

How come? I guess I see the argument that he was being selfish and abandoning his teammates, but when you take the hip injuries into account, sitting out made sense to me?

At the time, I was disappointed. Our best offensive player chose not to play. Not having him there could have meant the difference between winning and losing. Many of his teammates had injuries, yet they played. I think it sets a bad example. I believe more and more players will do this in the future. 

It just bothered me, but it is no big deal now. 

1 hour ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Agreed,

Saying agreed and then putting a 'but' right after means you don't agree. Stop blowing Mac's comments out of the water

7 hours ago, Freeupfreeney said:

I have to watch some more tape on him

But I'm willing to bet that people are assumingn he CANT block when the reality is he's probably a half decent blocker at The worst at his position. 

Remember, you don't have to blow people up at rb. You just have to be an obsticle. 

No he can't block. This could be something he can work on. He also has to add a few pounds. He was carry heavy with over 300+. Wasn't asked to block a lot. Also like you said go watch the film. You have to make sure you watch the full games of Stanford. 

5 hours ago, snkdy said:

Christian skipping out on the Sun Bowl never bothered me NCF. I'm sure a lot of people at Stanford felt the same way. I thought that the criticism was a little unfair to be honest. He had been dealing with a number of injuries all season.

Honestly I don't know why more players don't do it.  Unless I'm in the final four, I'm sitting out.  The millionaire coach and AD sure aren't going to help him out if he sustains a serious injury.

6 hours ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Agreed,

Stop with the greedy and desperate reporters stuff.    For the most part,  they're a figment of your imagination.   And the few there are are in the smaller, less frequented websites.     But on mainstream sites,  those reporters are mostly fine.

And 5'11, 200 pounds is small to be a primary lead back.     If he's only being the change of pace back,  the complimentary beck THEN his size is not a problem.     But to be the main back?   The lead back?   5'11" 200 is a big problem.     I have no idea what you're talking about regarding 2012?     What do you think happened 5 years ago?

Also,  YOU made the point the Christian McCaffrey would be a top-5 5 kid in the draft if he were black.   And I've repeatedly asserted that's nonsense.     Who was the last 5'11" 200 pound RB who went top-5?      There aren't any.

The two backs that Christian has been compared to recently are Tiki Barber,  2nd round pick,  and Brian Westbrook 3rd round back.      Are you getting the picture yet?     Backs of that size don't normally go in the 1st round.     They go in the 3rd or 3rd round where they belong.

There's no issue here.    There's no story here.    The only person trying to turn it into one is YOU, and not some "greedy or desperate reporter."      Hello?!?

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Stop with the greedy and desperate reporters stuff.    For the most part,  they're a figment of your imagination.   And the few there are are in the smaller, less frequented websites.     But on mainstream sites,  those reporters are mostly fine.

And 5'11, 200 pounds is small to be a primary lead back.     If he's only being the change of pace back,  the complimentary beck THEN his size is not a problem.     But to be the main back?   The lead back?   5'11" 200 is a big problem.     I have no idea what you're talking about regarding 2012?     What do you think happened 5 years ago?

Also,  YOU made the point the Christian McCaffrey would be a top-5 5 kid in the draft if he were black.   And I've repeatedly asserted that's nonsense.     Who was the last 5'11" 200 pound RB who went top-5?      There aren't any.

The two backs that Christian has been compared to recently are Tiki Barber,  2nd round pick,  and Brian Westbrook 3rd round back.      Are you getting the picture yet?     Backs of that size don't normally go in the 1st round.     They go in the 3rd or 3rd round where they belong.

There's no issue here.    There's no story here.    The only person trying to turn it into one is YOU, and not some "greedy or desperate reporter."      Hello?!?

Okay dude. McCafferny bassicaly did the same thing Reggie bush did but is a inch shorter and about 5 pounds lighter and he played in the same conference.

McCaffreney is Bassicaly within an inch and within 15 pounds of every other RB in the Draft on Average.

Only two of the top 10 running backs in the NFL last year stood over 6'0" tall. Adrian Peterson (6'1) and Arian Foster were the two players above 6-feet that ran for at least 1,215 yards. You've got players like Alfred Morris, Doug Martin and Frank Gore that check-in at 5'9". from 2013

So what the hell are you talking about dude. The guys is not undersized. He basically where everyone else is. I just said slightly below average to make YOU feel better for spouting bull crap.

Where are all these 6-3 250 pound running backs you are "imagining" in your mind? Huh, where are they?

Calling this dude undersized is a gross and untrue criticism, based on the weight and height of everyone else in the NFL playing his position.

And don't put words in my mouth, I said, I can see his frustration, because I think if he were black, he may be a top 5 pick considering his stats and achievements. I cant think of a single reason why he not consideres a top 10 pick, except for the fact he said what he said. Comments like that do drop draft stocks. And some reporters are greedy and need recognition and will try to bring that question up...because somebody already passively tried it, and it was only the first day of the combine.

I can go all day with you guys lol.

42 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Okay dude. McCafferny bassicaly did the same thing Reggie bush did but is a inch shorter and about 5 pounds lighter and he played in the same conference.

McCaffreney is Bassicaly within an inch and within 15 pounds of every other RB in the Draft on Average.

Only two of the top 10 running backs in the NFL last year stood over 6'0" tall. Adrian Peterson (6'1) and Arian Foster were the two players above 6-feet that ran for at least 1,215 yards. You've got players like Alfred Morris, Doug Martin and Frank Gore that check-in at 5'9". from 2013

So what the hell are you talking about dude. The guys is not undersized. He basically where everyone else is. I just said slightly below average to make YOU feel better for spouting bull crap.

Where are all these 6-3 250 pound running backs you are "imagining" in your mind? Huh, where are they?

Calling this dude undersized is a gross and untrue criticism, based on the weight and height of everyone else in the NFL playing his position.

And don't put words in my mouth, I said, I can see his frustration, because I think if he were black, he may be a top 5 pick considering his stats and achievements. I cant think of a single reason why he not consideres a top 10 pick, except for the fact he said what he said. Comments like that do drop draft stocks. And some reporters are greedy and need recognition and will try to bring that question up...because somebody already passively tried it, and it was only the first day of the combine.

I can go all day with you guys lol.

I didn't bring up height you did.     5'11" is plenty tall enough....    but 200 pounds is not big enough to be an every down back.    But it's big enough to be the complimentary back. 

And look at the names you mentioned....    Morris,  6th round...    Martin,  END of the 1st round....   Gore went in the 3rd round.

YOU'RE the one who said McCaffrey should be a top-5 guy.      You've given me one name since the year 2000.    Reggie Bush.    One.

I never made the argument that there aren't small backs in the NFL,   I simply said there aren't any that were drafted top-5.     And you given me Reggie Bush.     I give you that.     One guy.      The rest weren't drafted top-5.

And that was YOUR ISSUE.

And who said anything about 6-3, 250?      Not me.     So,  I don't know what you're talking about?

And then you go and sink yourself again with the last paragraph.    McCaffrey isn't thought enough to be a top-10 pick because he's isn't big enough.      Like Leonard Fournette who is 235-240,  or Dalvin Cooks, who is 210-215.        Those guys are bigger.

As it is most teams don't want to take a RB at all in the first round because of injuries.    The position has been devalued.     Why don't you know this?

I was a member of the media for 30 years.....  20 of those years covering sports including the Rams and Raiders in Southern California where I live.    I've got a pretty good idea of how that group of reporters works.

You're just consistently wrong.      I don't know why you think writing snappy lines like you can go all day with me....     because you can't.       You've got nothing on the scoreboard....     you're getting killed...   but you just don't know it....

Good luck....

By the way,  here is Christian's NFL.com profile...   feel free to look at it and get a feel for what a real profile looks like....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/christian-mccaffrey?id=2557997

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For everyone else but our friend FreeUp, I'd say this about Christian's comment about not getting respect because he's a white running back.

I've not no problem with it.     Just as I don't mind hearing that a QB say he has to be better at his job because he's Black.      Race is a tough problem in America,  even in sports.     I'm pulling for guys like DeSean Watson,  DeShone Kizer and even Pat Mahomes.    Even Teddy Bridgewater from another draft.    I'd like to see them all succeed.   For everyone that does,  it knocks done the argument against black quarterbacks.

Christian plays with a chip on his shoulder.    He thinks NFL-types and many media types don't take him seriously because they think he's not WHATEVER enough because he's not black.     He uses it as fuel to drive him.    And I say good for him.     I can assure everyone it did NOT cause his stock to drop --- pure nonsense.  That comment just isn't controversial enough to cause any problems.     Did it even cause a ripple anywhere in the sports world when he said it?     Maybe for a day.    And that's about it.

Christian has always been thought of as a late 1st-early 2nd round guy.    And that's fine.    And it has very little to do with his race.     It has to do with there aren't many successful running backs in the NFL of ANY COLOR who are 5'11"/6'0" and roughly 200 pounds.     And did ANY of them go in the top-10 of any draft?     That's why he's not thought of as a top-10 guy.      His race, which plays a small factor in his evaluation,  had to be dealt with here at the combine.    Could Christian test out really, REALLY well.     And he did.    That confirms he's a low 1st to high 2nd draft pick.     Could someone take him in the middle of the first?    Sure.    It only takes one team to fall in love with him.   But it's not likely.    Possible,  but not probable. 

Very well put.  It is good that you mentioned those quarterbacks too. Whenever black quarterbacks mentioned that they have to work harder because they are black, fans dismissed their claims, saying they are "playing/pulling the race card". However no one here (but maybe FreeupFreeney) has accused Christian of doing the same. Actually, I am surprised by the difference in reaction to his comments. I would have thought more fans would be criticizing him for saying that. So, it is good to see that they aren't. 

Like you, I have no problem with  what Christian said or with a black quarterback saying he feels disrespected because he is a black QB (although you rarely hear this nowadays). Players (people) should be allowed to say what they believe without others dismissing it as hogwash or "playing the race card". JMO

Btw,  I always thought Christian would go in the 1st round (middle to late). Teams will value his versatility. After his performance at the Combine, he may go earlier.

Just to clarify, one again. Those were his (mcCaffreney) words.

I do think he had a point when he pulled the race card

But only because I don't know why he's not a top 10 pick

I just think his current status is because of 1 or 2 things

because he pulled the race card

or because he was right :)

Just remember, the media circus is a real thing. You do or say something stupid or controversial, it cause a media storm that can be a distraction. New Colts fan says i'm imagining things but after T.O, and Colin Kapearnick,  i'll let you be the judge of that. I'm done talking bout this.

Remember our talk about Christian and the Chip on his Shoulder attitude that he plays with....

And people think he plays the Race Card?

Well....    NFL.com did a poll,  who would win a 40 yard dash race between McCaffrey and fellow Stanford grad Richard Sherman.

Sherman not only won,  but he got 100% of the vote.     100%     EVERY!     SINGLE!!    VOTE!!!!

When was the last time you saw a poll that went 100 to 0?!?

Here's the race with their combine times and guess what?     Christian WINS!!      HELLO?!?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/simulcam/0ap3000000789687/Combine-Face-Off-Christian-McCaffrey-vs-Richard-Sherman?campaign=fb-nf-sf60114374-sf60114374&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

On 3/5/2017 at 1:20 PM, Freeupfreeney said:

Just remember, the media circus is a real thing. You do or say something stupid or controversial, it cause a media storm that can be a distraction. New Colts fan says i'm imagining things but after T.O, and Colin Kapearnick,  i'll let you be the judge of that. I'm done talking bout this.

:facepalm:

On 3/5/2017 at 1:20 PM, Freeupfreeney said:

You realize you're the only one that has made a big deal out of that recently? Having watched the the entire RB combine, I didn't hear it come up once. Other players with legitimate off-field concerns were talked about. CM's comment wasn't mentioned once...

I'm not making a big deal out of it. I'm issuing a warning.

WARNING WARNING.

THERE ARE MEDIA FOLKS WHO WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HIM REPEAT THE RACE CARD.

Smart people don't listen to warnings tough.

Is he smart enough to play is off. Somebody already tried to trap him, first day of the combine.

People. Listen, This dude was not just good, he was historically good. He ran a good 40, he is multi dimensional, he put up ungodly numbers in receiving, rushing and Punt Return.

He came to the combine and did not just good, but EXCELLENT in all his drills.

I didn't agree with him when he said it the first time, but now I'm starting to get it.

The only person I can compare that did (no where near as) but some what near what he did was he Black Mamba out of Oregon from Crenshaw High School. BUt he was always injured, played like 9 positions, and played in a spread offense.

And I got a guy, who CLAIMS, to be part of the media for 20 years, and is fresh of Seeing what the Media did to Tim Tebow, Terrel Owens, and even last year with Colin Kap, and is gonna sit here and tell me the media doesn't report on bullcrap....LIKE I'M STUPID.

I'M NOT STUPID BRO.

AND SOME GUY ABOVE ME JUST SAID PEOPLE THINK RICHARD SHERMAN, WHO RAN LIKE A 4.69 40 WOULD BEAT MAC IN A FOOT RACE.

Somebody already said, "nfl knows that white rb don't work out"

How much evidence do you need to understand that it is YOU who Doesn't understand.

Somewhere there is a little troll, who gonna get asking this guys if he feels "Disrespected" and one day he gonna ask about the Race Card...and Mac's only escape is if he continues to ignore or brush of the question.

If he can do that for like a year, he is good. If he messes up and indulges on of them, then say hello to an army of reporters everywhere you go.