Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade the Colts 2nd round pick for...

One of these two... Reggie Ragland or Mychal Kendricks? Early word is dealing Kendricks is a priority this offseason because he doesn't fit in Shwartz' 4-3 scheme. Ragland is not rumored to be available for trade at this time but, he also no longer is a clear fit for a team moving to a 4-3 scheme.

Just looking for some forum members to shed more light on these players as it would pertain to adding one(or both) to the roster. Upsides. Downsides. whatever you can cook up.

6 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Keep the draft pick and grab Brown in FA.  He is a proven talent at ILB for a 3-4 system.

I can get on board with that. Also, seeing as Ragland was taken in the 2nd round by the Bills I wouldn't give a 2nd for him. Maybe our early 4th since we have two. Kendricks has been healthy for the most part and has shown well in the not too distant past. I wonder if he could be had for a 3rd or 4th as well...

15 minutes ago, MrNLM said:

I can get on board with that. Also, seeing as Ragland was taken in the 2nd round by the Bills I wouldn't give a 2nd for him. Maybe our early 4th since we have two. Kendricks has been healthy for the most part and has shown well in the not too distant past. I wonder if he could be had for a 3rd or 4th as well...

Honestly I would not want to go after an unproven guy coming off an injury like Ragland.  Kendricks could probably be had for like a 5th or 6th round.  Kiko Alonso was pretty solid too and was had with I think a 6th rounder.  If you are giving up a 2nd rounder for someone make sure they are very young and productive in their short career so far. We do not want the Trent Richardson effect happening again (1st rounder for a 1st round pick but did not have anything behind him to warrant this trade).

2 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

I'd trade this year's 2nd and next year's 1st or 2nd to move up and tab Reuben Foster.  This is predicated if we get Dalvin Cook in the 1st round.

Just to be clear. You would take Dalvin Cook THEN try to trade picks to get Rueben Foster? I think it should be the other way around.

48 minutes ago, MrNLM said:

One of these two... Reggie Ragland or Mychal Kendricks? Early word is dealing Kendricks is a priority this offseason because he doesn't fit in Shwartz' 4-3 scheme. Ragland is not rumored to be available for trade at this time but, he also no longer is a clear fit for a team moving to a 4-3 scheme.

Just looking for some forum members to shed more light on these players as it would pertain to adding one(or both) to the roster. Upsides. Downsides. whatever you can cook up.

Looking at spotrac they only save $200,000 on their cap by cutting him.
 I would like to add him for a 4th. I could see someone ahead of us in the 4th out bidding us.
  I doubt they can get a 3rd for him. JMO of course.
   Ragland shoud be fine coming back from an ACL. He was an Excellent college player for sure.
   With a salary of $750,000 this year and a $2,550,000 Cap hit if they move him, well... for what they paid for him,,, what GM would try to get rid of him?? 
  What else you got pre-combine, pre FA???  :)

So Ragland was selected in the second round... then tore his ACL... then his team turns to a scheme that doesn't fit him and you want to trade a second in a good ILB class for him? Thanks but no thanks. There are going to be better ILBs than Reggie Ragland in the second round in this draft... and they are not going to be returning from ACL tear.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Looking at spotrac they only save $200,000 on their cap by cutting him.
 I would like to add him for a 4th. I could see someone ahead of us in the 4th out bidding us.
  I doubt they can get a 3rd for him. JMO of course.
   Ragland shoud be fine coming back from an ACL. He was an Excellent college player for sure.
   With a salary of $750,000 this year and a $2,550,000 Cap hit if they move him, well... for what they paid for him,,, what GM would try to get rid of him?? 
  What else you got pre-combine, pre FA???  :)

If that's the case why don't we do a player trade instead. Philly needs WRs right? Kendricks for Dorsett.

No.    

I'm NOT in favor of trading our 2nd round pick for either of the two middle linebackers we're talking about.

I don't see Buffalo trading Ragland this soon....     and I don't think I'd like to offer more than a 4 for Kendricks, and I like him.     

But still......

No, for those 2 LBs, 3rd rounder yes.

If there's a sure fire first rounder that drops, would you give up the current second rounder and a future 3rd rounder to the Browns for moving up to top of round 2? That might be the possibility I would consider if I can get a difference maker at top of round 2.

What do you guys think?

Being a 2nd rounder himself and now being an injury question, I'd consider our 2nd rounder as too high of a price.   I don't think I's have a problem with a 3rd rounder, though, if Ragland's injury recovery prognosis is good.

I wanted the Colts to draft him, but I preferred the selection of Ryan Kelly instead.  To get him now for a 3rd, if the injury isn't career affecting, that could be a steal.

I wasn't interested in Ragland last year don't want to trade for him after the injury. 

We are desperate for ILB's but anything more than a 5th maybe a conditional 4th next year is acting desperate for Kendricks He slid out of the LB rotation last year in Phllly They aren't in a great spot to ask for much more. Do they need a TE?

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

I wasn't interested in Ragland last year don't want to trade for him after the injury. 

We are desperate for ILB's but anything more than a 5th maybe a conditional 4th next year is acting desperate for Kendricks He slid out of the LB rotation last year in Phllly They aren't in a great spot to ask for much more. Do they need a TE?

They have Zach Ertz, Brent Celek and Trey Burton there... One of their deepest positions.

2nd is too high for both.  Ragland was drafted in teh 2nd last year and then had surgery on his ACL.  I think we'd be crazy trade for him at anything but a discounted price.  Kendricks might be worth trading for, but again, too high a price for a guy who hasn't been able to reproduce his 2013 season and keep healthy.  I'd rather take our chances with someone in the draft.

On 2/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, MrNLM said:

I'd love to have either guy, but I probably wouldn't go higher than a 3rd for either. Picks are at too much of a premium considering the holes we have. If we were like the Browns and sitting on 13 picks, different story all together.

Maybe the Eagles would trade Kendricks for Dwayne Allen straight up?