Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Be more like Andrew Luck

5 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I recommend reading this article if you haven't yet. Great look into Andrews life outside of football.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterprise-Luck160907/indianapolis-colts-qb-andrew-luck-determined-prove-worth

Great story, and I did check out his twitter page, which is so corny(no pun intended)  that I love it.  The guy definitely has a personality and I think that kind of sets him apart from Manning.  Manning was the perfect PR representative for the Colts, but he was always so professional, where Luck is just a big goof.  

6 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Yeah I'm probably being a little harsh on him, and there's not a bigger P Money fan on this board than myself other than maybe Gramz, but he always seemed like the kind of guy that would be difficult to play with. There were probably a number of players that really didn't like him. If a receiver broke his route off a half yard too early Peyton would chew him out, kill the guy's self esteem, and not throw his way again. Andrew would probably take the blame on himself. Some people want to see Andrew get in guy's faces. Some people say he's not a strong leader, but I disagree with that assessment. Not all leaders have to scream someone's ear off.

There have been Colts players who have said Luck acts differently on the field.  He isn't some nice guy-pushover type of person.  He's a classy guy, but (like Peyton) he takes his job seriously.  I see nothing wrong with him getting in a teammate's ear every so often, which Luck does.  I don't think I've heard one player say they didn't like playing with Luck or with Manning

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:54 PM, The Peytonator said:

Seriously, is there a better dude in the NFL right now?

Andrew Luck is the type of guy that can get absolutely rocked on an out-of-bounds late hit, and still get up congratulating his opponent on a great play, while every other player in this game would be screaming at the refs for a flag.

Maybe it's because I'm up and drinking, but I don't think there's been a more genuine person to play this game. Andrew Luck is the type of person who would befriend the weird, Dungeons & Dragons kid in high school, rather than going along with everybody else in making them feel like crap. Being born from an ex-NFL Quarterback, this is a guy that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He could have looked down on everyone he's ever met and turned into Johnny Manziel, but instead he turned into the amazingly humble human being that he is today. I freaking love the guy.

As much as I loved Peyton, I can't honestly say that I ever saw him being as real as Andrew Luck. He was great, and his media personality is top notch, but that's all it has ever seemed to me; a media personality. Andrew Luck actually seems real. How many number one picks have run a book club? And not just a LeBron James "I love to read" photo op kind of book club. This is a dude that truly has a hobby, and actually wants to get others to enjoy a constructive hobby beyond the superficial kind that a lot of us tend to take up. While every other elite QB to play the game graduated college with a degree in communications or general studies, Andrew Luck got a degree in architectural design. That itself tells me a lot about the guy. 

Anyway, there's not much of a point to this thread other than to say how much I appreciate our current signal caller. I've been getting bummed out by the divisiveness of our nation of late. There's too much hate going on. My own group of friends couldn't even have a Super Bowl party without getting in to a massive political debate during the third quarter. It's starting to really mess with my state of mind. Andrew Luck is the type of person to transcend all political, social, and cultural differences. He is a genuine human being, and the type of person that I would like to strive to be. I freaking love the guy. 

Yeah man Andrew Luck is simply amazing without him these past couple years would have been a whole lot worse on our franchise I'd say , It's a real shame he's been hit and injured as many times as he has so far in his career he definitely doesn't deserve that. Hopefully through these seasons under our new gm we can get our star QB all the help he certainly deserves and god willing he makes it to the top of the mountain.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:50 AM, The Peytonator said:

haha I didn't mean that as a slight against D&D players, just that a lot of people, when they're in high school especially, would treat them like they're inferior just to make themselves feel better. Andrew Luck, being the great dude he is, would have been above such petty, cliquey crap. I also believe he would be the Dungeon Master. He's got a great neck beard for it. 

I have been wanting to ask you, where did you get that avatar, it makes me laugh to see Luck in a civil war photo

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I have been wanting to ask you, where did you get that avatar, it makes me laugh to see Luck in a civil war photo

It's an ongoing meme where Luck writes some correspondence to his family back home after a game, but it's done in a Civil War style. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/21/9368339/gen-andrew-luck-civil-war-letter-colts-jets-monday-night-2015

On 2/10/2017 at 5:49 PM, 21isSuperman said:

There have been Colts players who have said Luck acts differently on the field.  He isn't some nice guy-pushover type of person.  He's a classy guy, but (like Peyton) he takes his job seriously.  I see nothing wrong with him getting in a teammate's ear every so often, which Luck does.  I don't think I've heard one player say they didn't like playing with Luck or with Manning

Ohh yeah I remember that time he was all fired up and slobbering vs Tenn I think.  He is a feirce competitor!

On 2/10/2017 at 1:54 AM, The Peytonator said:

While every other elite QB to play the game graduated college with a degree in communications or general studies, Andrew Luck got a degree in architectural design. That itself tells me a lot about the guy. 

I have a general studies degree.... :( And it's every bit as shameful as you would imagine lol...

Good post though. Andrew is honestly the true embodiment of the Colts.