Bengals: Reuben Foster 

Bills: Mike Williams 

Saints: Derek Barnett 

Browns: Deshone Kizer 

Cardinals: Marlon Humphrey 

Eagles: Dalvin Cook  

Colts: Solomon Thomas 

1 minute ago, UKColt13 said:

Tweener. High risk. He'll need to lose weight or gain it depending on how he'll get played. Most likely gain to move inside.

At that point I'd probably still take Takk McKinley over Thomas. Safer pick.

He easily has the chance to be a good defender. Let's not discredit the option just because he can move around on D.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

He easily has the chance to be a good defender. Let's not discredit the option just because he can move around on D.

I'm not saying he isn't talented at all. Far from it. But I'd rather have the safer scheme fit over a risk.

12 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I'm not saying he isn't talented at all. Far from it. But I'd rather have the safer scheme fit over a risk.

Thomas is simply a football player, and a good one at that. As coaches, you find ways to fit him into the scheme or alter the scheme a bit to allow him to maximize his production. That's the sign of a good coach. 

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Tweener. High risk. He'll need to lose weight or gain it depending on how he'll get played. Most likely gain to move inside.

At that point I'd probably still take Takk McKinley over Thomas. Safer pick.

I'm not so sure. Takk maybe a better "3-4 olb" but think about what we could do with Solomon Thomas. He could play the 5 tech through 0 tech on the D-line. Then flip out to the edge and play every technique out there. I'm sure your concern for the edge is true athleticism, and he may not be ideal, but he's a good athlete. But even if he was a bad athlete he can set an edge and collapse a pocket with pure ass whop. The problem is, no way in hell does he fall to 14 or 15

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Thomas is simply a football player, and a good one at that. As coaches, you find ways to fit him into the scheme or alter the scheme a bit to allow him to maximize his production. That's the sign of a good coach. 

Like how the chargers use joey bosa. They fit their scheme around an elite player

7 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Heard this before in 2013.  Let us draft a scheme fit player not some project that will be gone at the end of his rookie contract.

Project player? Solomon Thomas is a project player? You need to go watch some tape fool. Not one similarity with Bjorn Werner

I've been watching more tape on Taco Charlton lately.  Have to say there's quite a few things I like about this kid. Very good athlete with strength and size.  I've liked what I've seen so far, would have no problem playing from a stand up position I feel.   I don't give a damn what nobody says. Pretty good ball player with potential to grow even more. 

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I've been watching more tape on Taco Charlton lately.  Have to say there's quite a few things I like about this kid. Very good athlete with strength and size.  I've liked what I've seen so far, would have no problem playing from a stand up position I feel.   I don't give a damn what nobody says. 

I'd be down if we traded back into mid 20s. Unless he blows up the combine

1 minute ago, I'm mad, bro said:

I'd be down if we traded back into mid 20s. Unless he blows up the combine

Wouldn't shock me if he rose a bit.   This guy does a little bit of everything from each angle and I love his size. He comes at you standing up,  hand in the dirt, spin moves amongst other things.  People have kind of down played him around here, but not with me. 

Reuben Foster please. Unfortunately I think the Bengals grab him, but he would instantly be our leader on the defensive side, then we go CB in the second. Soloman Thomas would be a great player to draft, but I prefer Foster. If he falls out of the top 10, I would give something up to get him! Will be a stud in the NFL!

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I've been watching more tape on Taco Charlton lately.  Have to say there's quite a few things I like about this kid. Very good athlete with strength and size.  I've liked what I've seen so far, would have no problem playing from a stand up position I feel.   I don't give a damn what nobody says. Pretty good ball player with potential to grow even more. 

I`ve seen him mocked a couple times now to the Colts. Interesting player with one concern, being he only started one season. Going to start watching tape on him for sure.

8 hours ago, BProland85 said:

And if we had a great DC that moulded the scheme around the players then I'd be all for it.

We don't.

7 hours ago, krunk said:

Wouldn't shock me if he rose a bit.   This guy does a little bit of everything from each angle and I love his size. He comes at you standing up,  hand in the dirt, spin moves amongst other things.  People have kind of down played him around here, but not with me. 

So what have you seen that he does very well that will translate into the NFL and then what one thing does he do badly that he will have to overcome in the NFL? I've never seen him as I don't watch much college FB and with ND looking so poor under Kelly, I've really not wanted to watch the game. 

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

So what have you seen that he does very well that will translate into the NFL and then what one thing does he do badly that he will have to overcome in the NFL? I've never seen him as I don't watch much college FB and with ND looking so poor under Kelly, I've really not wanted to watch the game. 

Here's a write up.  The good and the bad

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/taco-charlton?id=2557882

21 hours ago, gacker65 said:

Same thing I heard about Werner.  From what I have seen. Thomas would be a better 4-3 DE.

Werner had at least 1 knee surgery coming into the NFL. Werner was a bum athletically and physically. That's what you guys dont understand, you dont force a talent like this into your scheme, you build your scheme around this talent. He can play all 5 spots in our 3-4 from nose to edge. 

1 hour ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Werner had at least 1 knee surgery coming into the NFL. Werner was a bum athletically and physically. That's what you guys dont understand, you dont force a talent like this into your scheme, you build your scheme around this talent. He can play all 5 spots in our 3-4 from nose to edge. 

You try not to draft a player that does not fit your scheme.  Part of what Grigson did and look where he is now.

I believe that it was pointed out in another thread that he would have to gain weight to play on the line and lose to play OLB.  I believe that is the definition of a Tweener.  Let us try drafting a player who actually fits our scheme.

21 hours ago, gacker65 said:

You try not to draft a player that does not fit your scheme.  Part of what Grigson did and look where he is now.

I believe that it was pointed out in another thread that he would have to gain weight to play on the line and lose to play OLB.  I believe that is the definition of a Tweener.  Let us try drafting a player who actually fits our scheme.

You just can't comprehend what I just said. Joey Bosa was he a 3-4 OLB coming out? Not at all but he just won DROY playing it. Joey ran a 4.8 at the combine, still got 11.5 sacks in 14 games from where?? The edge. Dont tell me Solomons bigger he's not, both around 280. Dont tell me he's slower then Bosa he's not. 

22 hours ago, gacker65 said:

And girgson is the worst GM in league history he went innie Minnie Minny moe he didn't draft for needs or scheme he drafted whoever his dumb butt wanted

43 minutes ago, I'm mad, bro said:

You just can't comprehend what I just said. Joey Bosa was he a 3-4 OLB coming out? Not at all but he just won DROY playing it. Joey ran a 4.8 at the combine, still got 11.5 sacks in 14 games from where?? The edge. Dont tell me Solomons bigger he's not, both around 280. Dont tell me he's slower then Bosa he's not. 

Not saying Thomas is bigger or slower, but for every Bosa. there is 10 Werners.  You say change scheme to draft Thomas, so my question is what scheme?  4-3 where he would fit well or have him gain 10 pounds and use him as 5 tech DT or DE??  

This questions are the reasons to look for another player in 1st round.  If he would drop to 2nd round, then would be a better value for us.

3 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Not saying Thomas is bigger or slower, but for every Bosa. there is 10 Werners.  You say change scheme to draft Thomas, so my question is what scheme?  4-3 where he would fit well or have him gain 10 pounds and use him as 5 tech DT or DE??  

This questions are the reasons to look for another player in 1st round.  If he would drop to 2nd round, then would be a better value for us.

No man we not changing a thing, Solomon wouldn't drop or gain a pound unless its pure muscle. In our base 3-4, brace yourself maybe sit down, we would stand up Solomon!!! Dun dun duuuuuuun!!! Just like chargers did with joey, on run downs he's setting the edge he's closing up the C gap and maintaining his lane. In our nickel package(60% of teams offense now a days) he puts his hand in the dirt and does what he does. But with Solomon he's not a guy you just leave in one spot, he moves all the way up and down this front 5

9 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Also, no way he'll fall to the 2nd. And ultimately I think Solomon is better then Bosa, no chance he's a Werner

1 hour ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Also, no way he'll fall to the 2nd. And ultimately I think Solomon is better then Bosa, no chance he's a Werner

You are correct, Thomas will not drop to the 2nd round.  I am not sold on Thomas.  Am hearing the same thing about Thomas that was said about Werner.  Makes me leery of him.  Also will make him a project  as he will have to be taught how to play OLB.

On 2/6/2017 at 6:44 PM, danlhart87 said:

Browns: Myles Garrett 

49ers: Deshaun Watson 

Bears: Mitch Trubisky 

Jaguars: Jonathan Allen 

Titans: Jamal Adams 

Jets: Marshon Lattimore 

Chargers: Malik Hooker 

Panthers: Leonard Fournette 

Bengals: Reuben Foster 

Bills: Mike Williams 

Saints: Derek Barnett 

Browns: Deshone Kizer 

Cardinals: Marlon Humphrey 

Eagles: Dalvin Cook  

Colts: Solomon Thomas 

I have never heard of Thomas being our 1st pick, thats a bold prediction

1 hour ago, gacker65 said:

You are correct, Thomas will not drop to the 2nd round.  I am not sold on Thomas.  Am hearing the same thing about Thomas that was said about Werner.  Makes me leery of him.  Also will make him a project  as he will have to be taught how to play OLB.

Not a single similarity between the two. Solomon is a blue chip if you disagree understood and respected. But please don't compare Thomas to Bjorn Werner that just makes me think you have no football knowledge.

8 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Not a single similarity between the two. Solomon is a blue chip if you disagree understood and respected. But please don't compare Thomas to Bjorn Werner that just makes me think you have no football knowledge.

You could be correct that Thomas is a "blue chip" player, but IMO, not at OLB/stand up pass rush.

Best comparasion was in the Draft section by Defjam28.  Compared him to JJ Watt.  IMO, is a good comparasion.  Renenber that JJ plays in a 4-3 and is not asked to drop into coverage.  Whoever  we draft as our OLB/Pass rush will at sometime, be asked to drop into coverage.  I do not see Thomas doing well in coverage.