Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How can you deny Tom Brady as the Greatest QB of all time?

chad72

6 hours ago, bayone said:

living  near Detroit in 1 game this year Strafford drove in 37 seconds and no TO's to FG range and won

Atlanta wasted 1 TO on challenge of think it was Edlleman catch when replay was clear , could not understand the challenge save desperate hope and lack of faith in team

will never forget Broncos Manning taking knee to tie with 30 odd seconds left  at home Vs Balt and with to's left forgot # , thats on  John Fox, & in freezing weather , in the teens why leave him out there for OT when nerve effected by cold 

that was game they gave up that long TD to tie just before that knee after the kickoff 

Been to Ebbets, have 1 of less than 10 unused , slabbed graded , tickets of last home game at ebbets, Dodgers won ( maybe more than 10 now , was only 8 at time won at auction, didnt really cost that much but i'd of paid more, I wanted that- memories etc

Great, glad you were able to go to Ebbets field.

Yah too bad Atlanta did not have any timeouts, but those are gold and at least two of the TOs in the 2nd half they could of not used in the manner in which they did.

I remember that Balt-Den game, i think the fear was a turnover in their end of the field. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Thanks for clarifying.  Maybe I am confused?  I understand someone selling Autographed Memorabilia of Brady or Manning but I was under the assumption that Brady was charging $1000 per for an autograph session?  Does he usually come out and sign before games?  I know Peyton signs quite often, he was actually signing before the Colts Titans game this year on the sidelines, he as well as other Colts from the superbowl team were getting honored at half time.  I mean I go to the Nationals every year and most of those Athletes charge a ridiculous amount$40-$300 per) but $1,000 is insane!  I thought it was strictly for anything he signs at a private setting.  I must have read it wrong.  I understand players don't want to sign things for fans to turn around and sell but I can't imagine many people in the Boston area would do that.  My buddy had MJ sign something for me when he met him and as a huge MJ fan, I'll never let it go!    I also mailed a letter and card for Dirk Nowitzki and Mike Bibby to sign back in the day and they mailed me back within a month and signed the card for nothing.  I thought that was very cool.

I can not say that i am 100% right, but after i saw the post I wanted to investigate.  I had thought that it was like a book signing type of thing where folks show up and play the money, which it might be in some part.  i did click on the link in the article to the company (Tri-Star) that is selling the stuff

http://shop.tristarproductions.com/tom-brady-autographed-memorabilia

And it looks like Brady sits down and signs a bunch of stuff and Tri-Star sells it on line.  And i just assume this is done for all championships in all sports.  That is when i looked at prior SB winners and looks like these online shops sells their things.  I would assume that the athlete get some kind of cut from the signings.  

That is cool that Dirk and Mick returned your cards signed. :)

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

Great, glad you were able to go to Ebbets field.

Yah too bad Atlanta did not have any timeouts, but those are gold and at least two of the TOs in the 2nd half they could of not used in the manner in which they did.

I remember that Balt-Den game, i think the fear was a turnover in their end of the field. 

John Fox said he felt the play that led to a tie made the team shell shocked - Maybe he was shell shocked, and he said he crunched #'s & computer spit out take a knee, I am sure Peyton has seen it all by then  & wasnt shell shocked and the offense was eager to strike, the D may have been shell shocked  but letting the offense play may have given them somewhat of a rest to calm down instead of being thrown into the OT

But i couldn't understand letting his computer decide what a Manning offense can possibly do in that situation

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

I can not say that i am 100% right, but after i saw the post I wanted to investigate.  I had thought that it was like a book signing type of thing where folks show up and play the money, which it might be in some part.  i did click on the link in the article to the company (Tri-Star) that is selling the stuff

http://shop.tristarproductions.com/tom-brady-autographed-memorabilia

And it looks like Brady sits down and signs a bunch of stuff and Tri-Star sells it on line.  And i just assume this is done for all championships in all sports.  That is when i looked at prior SB winners and looks like these online shops sells their things.  I would assume that the athlete get some kind of cut from the signings.  

That is cool that Dirk and Mick returned your cards signed. :)

That makes sense!  Tri Star is actually the company that is used at the Nationals(National Sports Card Convention).  I'd also assume the athlete gets some kind of cut.  I was just curious!  I think it's crappy when pro athletes won't sign an autograph or constantly charge an arm and a leg.  The fans follow the player(s) and pay to go to games etc.  Most athletes don't forget where they are coming from.  I don't see Brady as one of those guys though, I don't even see LeBron James as one of those guys and I can't stand him.  There are pro athletes out there who think there better than everyone else and I think that's sad. The ones that will take time to sign an autograph, take a picture, volunteer time or even take a minute to talk to a fan are the one's I respect the most. 

37 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-montana-is-not-willing-to-call-tom-brady-the-greatest-quarterback-of-all-time/

I think Joe Montana has the right perspective on this topic, but that is probably because he is saying what I said earlier in the thread.

yes definitely different eras. In fact you can break it down to the recent era before the cap, the era before that where the game was different and the modern cap era 2000  to present.. Before the Cap you could keep the Ronnie Lotts and Jerry Rice etc. If the team had money you just pay it. So high talent could be kept.

The cap era you cannot. This is where I give Brady the nod in the cap era.

BB best attribute is he understands the cap thoroughly. In fact he instituted his own self-imposed cap a year before it became official knowing it was coming.

Other teams who didn't went into that they called cap H. Whereas you borrowed on it. The Titans were the worst with 20 mil Cap H. It took them years to dig out of it.

Polian stayed under the cap by losing James out of the triplets but chose to keep a few high price players at the expense of defense. Like 70 mil for Harrison. (Manning you simply pay because he's a great QB you need).

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

That makes sense!  Tri Star is actually the company that is used at the Nationals(National Sports Card Convention).  I'd also assume the athlete gets some kind of cut.  I was just curious!  I think it's crappy when pro athletes won't sign an autograph or constantly charge an arm and a leg.  The fans follow the player(s) and pay to go to games etc.  Most athletes don't forget where they are coming from.  I don't see Brady as one of those guys though, I don't even see LeBron James as one of those guys and I can't stand him.  There are pro athletes out there who think there better than everyone else and I think that's sad. The ones that will take time to sign an autograph, take a picture, volunteer time or even take a minute to talk to a fan are the one's I respect the most. 

I hear yah, I am not sure what Brady gig is on giving out autographs one way or the other.  I know he likes to do the Best Buddies charity.  Yes, some athletes are funny, they forget their salaries are pretty much all directly or indirectly paid by the fans.  So the kid that is asking for an autograph, is, through her parents, indirectly paying for his salary.  If they do not believe it they should compare salaries between the best curling athletes in the USA and football players.  One has a bigger following and can get paid at a much higher level due to the higher fan interest

3 hours ago, bayone said:

John Fox said he felt the play that led to a tie made the team shell shocked - Maybe he was shell shocked, and he said he crunched #'s & computer spit out take a knee, I am sure Peyton has seen it all by then  & wasnt shell shocked and the offense was eager to strike, the D may have been shell shocked  but letting the offense play may have given them somewhat of a rest to calm down instead of being thrown into the OT

But i couldn't understand letting his computer decide what a Manning offense can possibly do in that situation

I hear yah, maybe the big emotional let down of given up the big play, Fox was worried that Raven's D might of been fired up and did not to take a chance with the ball deep in their own end.  Who knows. . .

7 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I hear yah, maybe the big emotional let down of given up the big play, Fox was worried that Raven's D might of been fired up and did not to take a chance with the ball deep in their own end.  Who knows. . .

who knows is right, i posted link to a great breview of whites TD somwhere

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/yes-the-nfl-reviewed-james-whites-super-bowl-ending-td-here-are-the-results/

anyway must go now so am off, link supports TD as exaplined

On February 6, 2017 at 2:55 PM, YourTearinApartLisa! said:

Belichick is without a doubt the greatest coach of all time. Period. Brady just has the luxury of having that type of coach and system. If you put Brady in a vertical style offense he wouldn't have near the success. You cannot deny his accomplishments but greatest ever? Talent wise I don't believe he's top ten. If I were building a team and you gave me a choice between Montana, Peyton, Marino, Moon, Elway or Brady without Belichick. I'm taking every one of them before Brady. Is he greatest based on Championships? Sure. But it's a team sport and his teammates and coaches play a lot into that. It's says something about a system that has yet to have a backup QB fail in it too.

Talent-wise, Ryan Leaf was leaps and bounds better than Peyton.  What happened there?  And, if you took Ryan Leaf and put him under BB, he still would have stunk.  A QB (along with every other position/job) needs drive and a will to be great.

On February 6, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Surge89 said:

Let me start by saying I've never said Brady and the Pats were anything but great.  But I find it very funny that this game somehow solidifies Brady...  

This game, to me at least, showed me how amazing of a coach Belichek is.  He didn't go get a bunch of name players at half time...  He literally just changed what he had and completely shut the Atlanta offense down for almost 3 quarters... Something no one could do all season. 

Brady on the other hand was trying his hardest to throw the game away.  If Brady didn't have the luck of the gods we would be singing a completely different tune right now.  He threw 3 sure fire picks that would be intercepted in any other game.  And if Edelman didn't completely bail him out not once but 4 separate times in the 2nd half we would also be seeing a completely different result.  Its such a shame that the NFL and all who watch it are so enamored with the QB because the MVP of that game (as far as players) was Edelman.  He fought the entire ATL defense pretty much the whole night and still came out on top with a miracle catch to boot. Almost identical to Manning's supposed super bowl MVP performance which is also a shame since he wasn't all too special in that game either. 

This superbowl if anything to me showed how truly blessed Brady is.  He has the perfect luck with the best coach to ever grace the field. It also helps that he is quite talented himself. But if this somehow cements his legacy for you... that is quite sad as he wasn't anything special (this night) in fact I'd say he was almost detrimental, but of course the winner gets to write the tale. 

Edelman wasn't the MVP, White was.  And, Edelman had a bit 3rd down drop early.

On 2/6/2017 at 0:46 PM, IcyRhythms said:

The Patriots are cheating scum, and for that, Tom Brady can never be mentioned in the GOAT conversation. It's difficult to cry about missed or bad calls, though. Those happen in EVERY game. It just sucks when your team is on the receiving end. *shrugs*

Watching you damage control, make excuses, and continue crying is quite entertaining, i must say. LOL

13 hours ago, BillWiemers said:

Talent-wise, Ryan Leaf was leaps and bounds better than Peyton.  What happened there?  And, if you took Ryan Leaf and put him under BB, he still would have stunk.  A QB (along with every other position/job) needs drive and a will to be great.

What is funny about Ryan Leaf is I was 50/50 on who to take between he and Peyton coming out because Leaf had tons of talent, a stronger arm, and was bigger and stronger. I had a bunch of friends and family ask me if I had to choose between the 2 who would I choose? I did say Peyton so at least I didn't look like a fool but said I don't think the Colts could wrong with either. I thought Peyton came from a better background and I loved his work ethic in college was my reasoning. I was more sure about Andrew Luck over RG3 actually because I didn't think RG3 could stay healthy with the way his style of play was and I was right there.

14 hours ago, BillWiemers said:

Without BB, Brady would be Jay Cutler but with a much weaker arm.

Don't sell Brady's arm short, his arm strength is a big reason why you jump the ball and most likely it is an incompletion than INT. That is what made this pick six in the recent SB rare. He is still throwing it like he is 29 but then Favre had a gun of an arm while he was 40 as well.

In other words, the difference between Brady's arm strength and Jay Cutler's arm strength is not that significant in QB efficiency terms, IMO. Besides, Brady does far more with his pocket presence and QB savvy than Jay Cutler does. 

• Nadine locked this topic