Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LI (51) NFL Championship Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

You should detest the absolute horrendous situational football the Falcons exercised. 

It was really horrible. You would think that Dan Quinn would have learned from 2 years ago.  I don't get why the Falcons were not running the ball more in the 2nd half. And that sack...ugh.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It was really horrible. You would think that Dan Quinn would have learned from 2 years ago.  I don't get why the Falcons were not running the ball more in the 2nd half. And that sack...ugh.

Is it the big game, the Super Bowl, that made the Falcons abandon common sense? I don't get it. They had the game won. All they had to do was not screw up. They were up BIG!

3 minutes ago, corgi said:

Seriously though, let's all be happy we're not Falcons fans tonight. Can you even imagine? That SuperBowl loss to he Saints has nothing on this.

Biggest choke job in sports history.  What could possibly top it?

LockeDown, you called it.  My sentiments exactly.  You would have been up 11 points had you kicked a field goal if you didn't get cute trying to pass, instead ;you get sacked.....You are a Pagano clone Shanahan.  Bad decisions, bad play calling...

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Is it the big game, the Super Bowl, that made the Falcons abandon common sense? I don't get it. They had the game won. All they had to do was not screw up. They were up BIG!

It is unbelievable. It made no sense. When I saw them in field goal range, I said that all they need to do is not mess up and get the field goal. I don't get why they did not just run out more clock and settle for the FG. That is all they needed. SMH

Atlanta was lucky to even be in that position honestly. Brady throwing the pick six and Blount fumbling were gifts from heaven that never happen to NE.

ATL's bad defense showed it's face in the end 

Better team won as much as it sucks.

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, they do; very entertaining to watch. 

I'm just so upset with the Falcons, right now; disgusting. 

Bogie had often given me the run down of how the Falcons operate. They get a big lead and sit on it for the entire game. It often works but not always since they did go 11-5 and lost the big game.

I think the Chargers are a team who came back in the regular season and shocked the Falcons at home.

Falcons also apparently run the "Saints lite" playbook so many Saints fans can kinda call the Falcons plays at times ahead before they happen. lmao 

They redefined the word choke. The silver lining for the Manning fans should be the same as it is for me the Favre fan - a choke is what you just saw. Getting blown out in the playoffs like Manning or throwing an interception on a desperation heave like Favre isn't a choke. I don't even know what the Falcons actually did...I mean what was that...choke is all I got.

Just now, NFLfan said:

It is unbelievable. It made no sense. When I saw them in field goal range, I said that all they need to do is not mess up and get the field goal. I don't get why they did not just run out more clock and settle for the FG. That is all they needed. SMH

I was thinking the same thing. I thought they would just run the ball and try to run the clock out, since everyone could see the Patriots were gaining steam and time was in the Falcons hand.

When the fourth quarter approached, I was very confident the Falcons would win. I know the Patriots have a history of coming back, but the Falcons were up by so much, they would need to completely screw up in key situations, which they unbelievably did.

Just unbelievable.

Can't imagine being Falcons fans and especially players. 

Imagine how Matt Ryan feels. 

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

They redefined the word choke. The silver lining for the Manning fans should be the same as it is for me the Favre fan - a choke is what you just saw. Getting blown out in the playoffs like Manning or throwing an interception on a desperation heave like Favre isn't a choke. I don't even know what the Falcons actually did...I mean what was that...choke is all I got.

What that was, from the coach on down, was a true exercise in choking. It is the epitome of choking in the NFL. 

Never seen anything like it. 

You know what sucks? The Peyton-Brady debate is essentially over now. I still think Peyton is the greater, more dominant player (while Brady is amazing, he still got the greatest coach of all time too), but with this win, I don't see how anyone other than Colts fan/ People who hate the Pats will disagree with the notion that Brady isn't the goat.

13 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

What that was, from the coach on down, was a true exercise in choking. It is the epitome of choking in the NFL. 

Never seen anything like it. 

Yeah, that was ugly.  They had so many opportunities to put the Pats away too.  It seems kinda surreal.  Imagine being Dan Quinn, what do you say to the players in the locker room after the game?

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, that was ugly.  They had so many opportunities to put the Pats away too.  It seems kinda surreal.  Imagine being Dan Quinn, what do you say to the players in the locker room after the game?

Lol You say, "we suck".

But for real, I don't even know. 28- 9 in the 4th. Doesn't get much better than that. 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Does anyone think the long halftime show contributed to the Falcons' loss?  Atlanta's offense went over an hour without touching the ball and looked completely out of sync in the 2nd half.

Nah. They still scored again in the third quarter. 

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Does anyone think the long halftime show contributed to the Falcons' loss?  Atlanta's offense went over an hour without touching the ball and looked completely out of sync in the 2nd half.

Same thing happened when the Pats played the Eagles in the SB. I think that was the long long Paul McCartney SB and it gave the chance for the Pats coaches to completely change their first half gameplan they admitted later on.

Just now, Tsarquise said:

Nah. They still scored again in the third quarter. 

14 points and looked unstoppable in the first half.  7 points (including 0 in the 4th quarter) and completely out of sync in the 2nd half.  I'm not saying that was the reason because Atlanta had plenty of opportunities to put the Pats away, but if this game had a regularly length halftime, maybe the Falcons put up another score?

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Offense choked, defense choked, coaches choked.  That was ugly.  I feel bad for Arthur Blank.

Actually thats typical Falcons.......if you talk to a Saints fan all year long like I do and read Saints fans forums they have been screaming for a while that the Falcons really just ripped off the Saints playbook and copied it. And run the Saints 2.0 offense. I seen Saints fans literally call out Falcons plays before it happens. Only difference when the Saints were good they were more of a second half team and the Falcons are a total first half team.

Also, what Atlanta does alllll year long is get a big early lead and just try to sit on that lead. They did lose 5 games so you have to look at how they lost those. Both the Chargers and KC I believe came back and beat them.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Actually thats typical Falcons.......if you talk to a Saints fan all year long like I do and read Saints fans forums they have been screaming for a while that the Falcons really just ripped off the Saints playbook and copied it. And run the Saints 2.0 offense. I seen Saints fans literally call out Falcons plays before it happens. Only difference when the Saints were good they were more of a second half team and the Falcons are a total first half team.

Also, what Atlanta does alllll year long is get a big early lead and just try to sit on that lead. They did lose 5 games so you have to look at how they lost those. Both the Chargers and KC I believe came back and beat them.

Wait! That can't be true, because they looked like they had never played a game with a lead. Lol