Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LI (51) NFL Championship Game Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Atlanta had a really Great first half,   and I am not sure what the Hell happened, they sure imploded :explode: 

during the second half.    As much as I hate to,  I have to give credit where credit is due.  The Patriots did it again..    It is going to be a long off season...   I am logging off now, because I don't want to hear anymore about it. 

G'nite all.

4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I hate to say, but you really couldn't have written a better storybook ending for the Patriots:

Overcoming the commissioner who hates them, a suspended QB, down a record number of Superbowl points, even missing a PAT, entering and winning the first and only overtime in Superbowl History. For the Patriots, it was by every definition of the term, a perfect ending.

I don't see how winning multiple championships after getting caught red handed is a story book ending. Like a Grimm's Morality Tale.

Two Super Bowls in a row given to them.  Seattle hands the ball off, they win.  With 1st down at the 20 and 3:00 left, if Atlanta runs the ball three times and kicks the FG, they win.  Clock wise, play calling wise, that was the most poorly managed 4th quarter I've ever seen.  Atlanta was snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock.

Thankfully, I don't care as much as I would have 10 years ago.  Peyton is retired and has been gone 5 years.  

5 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

You guys saying Pats fans will get more annoying? They wont. They had 4 championships to brag about already. One more wont make much difference.

I have some annoying Steelers fans in my life that say "hello."

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Well, Atlanta had a really Great first half,   and I am not sure what the Hell happened, they sure imploded :explode: 

during the second half.    As much as I hate to,  I have to give credit where credit is due.  The Patriots did it again..    It is going to be a long off season...   I am logging off now, because I don't want to hear anymore about it. 

G'nite all.

It must be the spygate thing...

4 minutes ago, corgi said:

I don't see how winning multiple championships after getting caught red handed is a story book ending. Like a Grimm's Morality Tale.

the NFL has a lot of "feel good story book endings"... I mean how else are they going to keep the dwindling viewership from completely dropping off. Ok not going to lie, slowly and surely I have grown disgusted in games. This year was the worst in terms of refing, and I'm not just talking colts games. It's everywhere. I just wanna watch football, not refball. Maybe I should switch to college ball. That's hard because I grew up watching the colts. 

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Seahawks passing on the 1 yard line.

Falcons taking themselves out of FG range on two drives.

Kasay kicking it out of bounds.

Tuck rule.

Don't forgot having about three holding calls all on 3rd downs.

8 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

You guys saying Pats fans will get more annoying? They wont. They had 4 championships to brag about already. One more wont make much difference.

Yes they can.. like the narrative...

GOAT QB and Greatest comeback in Super Bowl history..... PUKE

Just now, indyagent17 said:

Robert Kraft made a deal with Satan many years ago. And the dark lord keeps paying off every year. I don't care how they did this I detest the New England Patriots

Why do you detest the Patriots?

You should detest the absolute horrendous situational football the Falcons exercised. 

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Why do you detest the Patriots?

You should detest the absolute horrendous situational football the Falcons exercised. 

Are you serious? Ask any Colt fan why they detest the Patriots? Have you watched the Colts play the Patriots the last 15 years?

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

Are you serious? Ask any Colt fan why they detest the Patriots? Have you watch the Colts for the Patriots the last 15 years?

Of course I have watched the Patriots. And I see a damn well coached team. 

Year in and year out.

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

I guess I am the only one who only gets upset by the Colts losing. I hate the Patriots. But this wont ruin my year. Or even my day.

I kind of shrugged and said it sucks. It's annoying but I still have a life to live. It's just football.

Yea, I get the feeling someone is going to get fired over this loss. I feel absolutely devastated for the Falcons owner. He personally walked out of the booth to be with his team as they commanded a huge lead so he could be a part of the celebrations and to personally supervise everyone on the sidelines. This was a magical moment for the Falcons, only to end in magical defeat.