Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think the feeling is in Baltimore currently is that they love the Ravens, but would love to have the history of the Baltimore Colts back.    I think most of the animosity towards Indianapolis is largely gone, and the Indy Colts are respected as a good franchise in Baltimore. I think through the prism of time, people have excepted the move, but for some older fans, it’s still hard to see that logo and our former history attached to another city. This is no offense to Indy fans as they were just happy to get an NFL team.    As far as Cleveland goes, most in Baltimore felt bad for those fans , and that city, because we actually wanted an expansion team that went to Charlotte and Jacksonville. Out of options, we were also forced to plunder another city. I’m just glad we left the logos and history in Cleveland. To me, any team that leaves should start fresh , in my opinion.    The crazy thing about appropriating another city’s history is that it can create some contradictions. As I was a fan of the Baltimore Colts in 1964, and we lost the NFL Championship game to Cleveland 27-0, should I then claim that its my Championship if the Browns records had gone to the Ravens, and we were suddenly NFL Champions in 1964, instead of the losers  ? Should I be joyous that Jim Brown and Otto Graham were Baltimore franchise greats, when they never played a down for Baltimore.  If Jim Irsay had taken the Colts to LA, would you enjoy the LA Colts hanging your Indianapolis 2006 Super Bowl banner in LA, or putting Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison in the Hall of Fame under Los Angeles, with the city of Indianapolis erased from where the history occurred ?    So I think we all understand the business reasons why owners leave cities. The hard part is when a team , it’s logos, it’s history, it’s Championships, it’s Hall of Famers, now reside under another city whose fans may have been Bear’s fans at the time, as an example. I know I hate the St Louis Browns baseball records being thrown in with the Baltimore Orioles baseball team. I just wish they would expunge those records, they belong to St Louis. I know not everyone feels this way, but it is a strange situation. Not much you can do about it, but just my observations.       
    • Yup. Darnold isn't going to get that much draft capital. If it happens, it's a reach. I can see a mid to late first, but not multiple picks. Given what's available in the draft, and some of the other potential guys coming available, and early second, or maybe a 2nd and 3rd seem more realistic.   NO to me would be a good match. He could battle it out with Hill. 
    • They have already pretty much ruled out starting Eason.
    • We have to get Stafford. He will be quite expensive too. Multiple draft picks. If not a big name player plus picks. There will be competition from the Broncos, 49ers, Redskins, Patriots. Andrew Luck walking away hurt us really bad. Now it's time to pay the piper. Darnold is another possibility. I think he could be successful in Indy. Watson forget it , we would have to give up the whole draft.
  • Members

• The Old Crow

The Old Crow 734

• Tsarquise

Tsarquise 394

• coltsfanej

coltsfanej 277

• lester

lester 34

• jmac_48

jmac_48 363

• zibby43