Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank you Pat McAfee

GoColts00

Thanks Pat! You started out a little rough around the edges. You often out kicked your coverage and didn't utilize the boundaries to your advantage but as the years went along you learned your craft and got better....til you reached the pinnacle the last couple years. We are going to miss you. Good luck in all your endevours.

Hopefully you grow in your new craft as you did with us. I'd say you got a long way to go in being as successful at comedy as you were at kicking but with the hard work and perserverance you can achieve it too! Good luck!

I'm really going to miss the Boomstick also known as Patty Mac. He was one of my favorites on this team.  Loved his sense of humor and comical brand of on the field swag.  In my opinion, he was the best punter in the league.  I wish him the best as he pursues the desires of his heart. 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

He will lose 2.8 million and may have to give back 400,000 in his signing bonus, Now three knee surgeries is a lot and knee pain can be havoc but if he retired to be funny  he should wait and get his monies then spend the rest of his young life being funny.

It never ceases to amaze me to see others who think they know what is best for someone else.

5 hours ago, dudeski said:

yes.

thank you pat

for retiring.  so we don't have to listen to your garbage anymore

Yes.  Such a garbage guy.  He gave much of his time and money to the community, including our veterans, but I'm so glad that the Colts team is free of a bum like him.  (SARCASM).

You will go down as a Colt, never wearing another teams uniform. A Colt for life.

Reading through the retirement articles, we are asked about our favorite Pat McAfee moment.

The first thought was the pitching wedge, because almost nothing feels better than dropping a ball a foot from the hole from fifty yards out.

The second thought was watching you lay out the Denver return man on the sideline. You decleated him, and stoled his man pride. Although that may have been the first time most NFL fans watched you make a great tackle, it wasn't the first for Colts fans. To us, you had made bloody noses cool long before J.J. Watt did.

Thank you for being our punter and changing the way we think about the position. I sure wouldn't want to be the person filling those shoes.

It's an awesome thought, knowing you will always be an ambassador for the Colts. I look forward to Pat McAfee chapter II.

Your fan,

BlueShoe

16 hours ago, King Colt said:

He will lose 2.8 million and may have to give back 400,000 in his signing bonus, Now three knee surgeries is a lot and knee pain can be havoc but if he retired to be funny  he should wait and get his monies then spend the rest of his young life being funny.

As others have pointed out, he's set to earn just as much with batstool, but I'm sure a guy as successful as Pat is appreciative of your financial and career advice!

16 hours ago, King Colt said:

49 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I's called an "opinion" if you look close enough you will see several of them.

Let me help you out, cause it is needed.

A much better "opinion" would have been, "man, if that was me, I would wait have played out my contract and then gone to do the funny guy thing since I would still be a young man."

8 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

As others have pointed out, he's set to earn just as much with batstool, but I'm sure a guy as successful as Pat is appreciative of your financial and career advice!

What is batstool? Good thing your income is not dependent on your spelling skills. Got ya!!!!