Resign:

Robert Turbin

Jack Doyle

Darrius Butler

Erik Walden

Akeem Ayers

Projected Cap Space: $55M

Free Agency:

Eric Berry - 5 yrs, $50M (Avg - $10M/yr)

Brandon Williams - 4 yrs, $36M (Avg - $9M/yr)

Zach Brown - 4 yrs, $24M (Avg - $6M/yr)

Remaining Cap Space: $30M

Draft:

Round 1: Rueben Foster, ILB, Alabama

The more I see, the more I like. Foster is looking like he will quickly become the leagues next Luke Keuchly. I love his athleticism and motor, and he does very well both in coverage and against the run. He will slide in almost immediately as the leader of our defense beside Zach Brown.

Second Option: Dalvin Cook

Round 2: TJ Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin

How nice would it be to get JJ Watt's brother and have the two face off twice a year. It would be beautiful to watch. TJ looks almost exactly like JJ did coming out of college, with outstanding speed and power off the edge. Day 1 starter.

Second Option: Forrest Lamp

Round 3: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

So many round one talents at CB, some are bound to fall. Grabbing Awuzie here is a huge boost to our defense.

Second Option: Best CB Available

Round 4: Kareem Hunt, RB Toledo

I love Hunt. He can catch, run, wiggle, and create. He's the all around back that will become our workhorse in the backfield once Gore is done.

Second Option: See Comp Pick.

Round 4 (comp): Jalen Reeves-Maybin, ILB, Tennessee

Speedy LB who is good in coverage and hits hard. Rotates in behind Foster and Brown.

Second Option: Damontae Kazee

Round 5: Tanzel Smart, DT/DE, Tulane

Underrated D-lineman who would dominate up front, demanding double teams often. Rotates in for Williams or starts at DE.

Second Option: Eddie Vanderdoes

Round 6: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech

Jump start our run game by grabbing an actual fullback instead of using our TE's. Very good in both run blocking and pass blocking.

Second Option: Elijah McGuire

Depth Chart (Not including FA who aren't listed)

QB - Luck, Tolzien

RB - Gore/Hunt, Turbin, Ferguson

FB - Rogers

TE - Doyle, Allen, Swoope

WR - Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Rogers, Bray

LT - Castanzo

LG - Mewhort

C - Kelly, Blythe

RG - Good, Harrison

RT - Clark, Haeg

DE - Anderson, Ridgeway

NT - Williams, Mcgill

DT - Smart, Parry

OLB - Watt, Maggit

ILB - Brown, Reeves-Maybin, Morrison

ILB - Foster, E. Jackson

OLB - Walden, Ayers

LCB - Awuzie, Melvin

FS - Berry, Green

SS - Geathers, Farley

RCB - Davis, Robinson

K - Vinatieri

P - McAfee

Thoughts?

Excellent draft. Although I like Awuzie and really hyped him up earlier, I have soured on him a little bit. Maybe take Rasul Douglas in the 3rd if he's available. I love Hunt! I don't know how he's still so underrated but I'd be happy to take him in the 4th. 

I like it a lot. Lots of good additions to the defense. 

I don't know if the FA contracts work (i never bother to keep up with market rate for FAs, because it changes every year), but we would have wiggle room with the 30 mil. left over to pay them more if that is an issue. 

I would like to see more resources dedicated to pass rush, but I understand that only so much can be done in one off-season and Foster is my favorite 1st round target for the Colts, by far. 

Your depth chart isn't updated to include Pat McAfee's retirement, but I'm sure we could sign a punter as an UDFA to hold down the position. I really don't want to see a punter drafted at all. 

If there was anyway to draft Foster in the 1st round I would be extremely happy.  I doubt he falls outside the top-10.  He would be an incredible building block for the D.  I just hope a few teams reach for a QB and also two teams grab t he RB's and maybe we have a chance.

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I don't know if the FA contracts work (i never bother to keep up with market rate for FAs, because it changes every year), but we would have wiggle room with the 30 mil. left over to pay them more if that is an issue. 

I think the Williams contract is realistic (depending on guaranteed money). Almost as much on AAV as Harrison but he isn't as good player, the cap has gone up, etc. If I had to bet, I'd guess that he goes for less. There are other good NTs in this UFA group too.

Berry seems pretty realistic too. Maybe little high as he isn't as good at FS/playing deep, especially in the middle of the field. Harrison Smith got 10M per with 15M guarantees. Jenkins (more similar to Berry IMO) got 16M guaranteed, with just under 9M AAV.

However, I don't think Z.Brown will get that little. He's the best ILB/4-3 OLB in the market (I'm assuming Hightower gets re-signed or tagged). Quite a few teams need LBs. What else is there after him? Teo, Riley JR.. Pretty weak group IMO.

What is kind of terrifying since he was FA last year and signed 1 year 1.25M deal with the Bills. More or less, no one wanted him and realized what he could do.

1 hour ago, Finball said:

I think the Williams contract is realistic (depending on guaranteed money). Almost as much on AAV as Harrison but he isn't as good player, the cap has gone up, etc. If I had to bet, I'd guess that he goes for less. There are other good NTs in this UFA group too.

Berry seems pretty realistic too. Maybe little high as he isn't as good at FS/playing deep, especially in the middle of the field. Harrison Smith got 10M per with 15M guarantees. Jenkins (more similar to Berry IMO) got 16M guaranteed, with just under 9M AAV.

However, I don't think Z.Brown will get that little. He's the best ILB/4-3 OLB in the market (I'm assuming Hightower gets re-signed or tagged). Quite a few teams need LBs. What else is there after him? Teo, Riley JR.. Pretty weak group IMO.

What is kind of terrifying since he was FA last year and signed 1 year 1.25M deal with the Bills. More or less, no one wanted him and realized what he could do.

Do you think 4 yrs, $32M is more realistic for Brown? $8M/yr, taking us down to still $28M in cap?

26 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Do you think 4 yrs, $32M is more realistic for Brown? $8M/yr, taking us down to still $28M in cap?

Something like that, yeah, maybe little under 4yrs, 30M. Trevathan got 4 yrs, 28M, with about half of that guaranteed. Was more proven but had more competition in other good LBs in FA last season and cap will probably jump by about 10% again.

Like with most signings, it's more about the guaranteed money. I'm not against signing him to a deal that averages 8M per year if it has small signing bonus, basically 2 year deal, with little to no guaranteed money after that.

Below are some links from Spotrac that you may find useful regarding your FA contracts:

Brandon Williams:  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/brandon-williams-12375/market-value/

Eric Berry:  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/eric-berry-6514/market-value/

You're pretty close with these 2 according to the links above.  Unfortunately, they haven't done a 'market value' on Brown yet...and obviously, this isn't gospel, but these guys are pretty good at what they do, and seemingly getting better all the time.

3 minutes ago, Traines said:

Below are some links from Spotrac that you may find useful regarding your FA contracts:

Brandon Williams:  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/brandon-williams-12375/market-value/

Eric Berry:  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/eric-berry-6514/market-value/

You're pretty close with these 2 according to the links above.  Unfortunately, they haven't done a 'market value' on Brown yet...and obviously, this isn't gospel, but these guys are pretty good at what they do, and seemingly getting better all the time.

I know I'm close. Wanna know why? ...........

That's the exact site I used! And I was disappointed there wasn't one on Brown yet too:lol:

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, WarGhost21 said:

Cap Space: $58M

Cuts:

D'qwell Jackson

Art Jones

Kendall Langford

Resign:

Robert Turbin

Jack Doyle

Darrius Butler

Erik Walden

Akeem Ayers

Projected Cap Space: $55M

Free Agency:

Eric Berry - 5 yrs, $50M (Avg - $10M/yr)

Brandon Williams - 4 yrs, $36M (Avg - $9M/yr)

Zach Brown - 4 yrs, $24M (Avg - $6M/yr)

Remaining Cap Space: $30M

Draft:

Round 1: Rueben Foster, ILB, Alabama

The more I see, the more I like. Foster is looking like he will quickly become the leagues next Luke Keuchly. I love his athleticism and motor, and he does very well both in coverage and against the run. He will slide in almost immediately as the leader of our defense beside Zach Brown.

Second Option: Dalvin Cook

Round 2: TJ Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin

How nice would it be to get JJ Watt's brother and have the two face off twice a year. It would be beautiful to watch. TJ looks almost exactly like JJ did coming out of college, with outstanding speed and power off the edge. Day 1 starter.

Second Option: Forrest Lamp

Round 3: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

So many round one talents at CB, some are bound to fall. Grabbing Awuzie here is a huge boost to our defense.

Second Option: Best CB Available

Round 4: Kareem Hunt, RB Toledo

I love Hunt. He can catch, run, wiggle, and create. He's the all around back that will become our workhorse in the backfield once Gore is done.

Second Option: See Comp Pick.

Round 4 (comp): Jalen Reeves-Maybin, ILB, Tennessee

Speedy LB who is good in coverage and hits hard. Rotates in behind Foster and Brown.

Second Option: Damontae Kazee

Round 5: Tanzel Smart, DT/DE, Tulane

Underrated D-lineman who would dominate up front, demanding double teams often. Rotates in for Williams or starts at DE.

Second Option: Eddie Vanderdoes

Round 6: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech

Jump start our run game by grabbing an actual fullback instead of using our TE's. Very good in both run blocking and pass blocking.

Second Option: Elijah McGuire

Depth Chart (Not including FA who aren't listed)

QB - Luck, Tolzien

RB - Gore/Hunt, Turbin, Ferguson

FB - Rogers

TE - Doyle, Allen, Swoope

WR - Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Rogers, Bray

LT - Castanzo

LG - Mewhort

C - Kelly, Blythe

RG - Good, Harrison

RT - Clark, Haeg

DE - Anderson, Ridgeway

NT - Williams, Mcgill

DT - Smart, Parry

OLB - Watt, Maggit

ILB - Brown, Reeves-Maybin, Morrison

ILB - Foster, E. Jackson

OLB - Walden, Ayers

LCB - Awuzie, Melvin

FS - Berry, Green

SS - Geathers, Farley

RCB - Davis, Robinson

K - Vinatieri

P - McAfee

Thoughts?

New punter too now we have to replace Pat.