Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hockey fans?

1 hour ago, k9copinmd said:

Long time Caps fan here...good to see a couple other Caps fans around these parts. As for this year I, and other Caps fans, have been burned so many times by this team that its hard to think they will make it past the 2nd round. However, when the playoffs start I will be pulling hard for them as always hoping this is finally the year....but it won't be  lol

Did you go last night? My best friend lives in DC and went. Had a great time

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2018 at 11:16 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Oh look. The caps just lost another playoff ot game at home...

I hate this team haha 

They complete the comeback with Ovie in God mode!

But now they face the Pens in the 2nd round....

If my analogy of this Caps team being the 2006 Colts team continues, then this round is like the AFCCG against the Pats

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

They complete the comeback with Ovie in God mode!

But now they face the Pens in the 2nd round....

If my analogy of this Caps team being the 2006 Colts team continues, then this round is like the AFCCG against the Pats

Game 1 of said series slated for Thursday night....

Ok why they ALWAYS gotta put game 1 of this series on the same day as the NFL draft????

On 4/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Game 1 of said series slated for Thursday night....

Ok why they ALWAYS gotta put game 1 of this series on the same day as the NFL draft????

I haven't been watching the games, but I get the feeling like the Caps have been dominating the series so far.  Game 1 I think they just got unlucky with bad bounces and things like that, but I think they had a 2 goal lead at one point.  Then they put up a 4-1 win in game 2.  This could be the year they finally get over the 2nd round hump

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I haven't been watching the games, but I get the feeling like the Caps have been dominating the series so far.  Game 1 I think they just got unlucky with bad bounces and things like that, but I think they had a 2 goal lead at one point.  Then they put up a 4-1 win in game 2.  This could be the year they finally get over the 2nd round hump

Games 1 and 2 Washington certainly looked better. But Pittsburgh still looks dangerous. Especially in the third they just got a switch. Big game tonight. A dub in game 3 would go a long way.

44 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Games 1 and 2 Washington certainly looked better. But Pittsburgh still looks dangerous. Especially in the third they just got a switch. Big game tonight. A dub in game 3 would go a long way.

Holtby looks like he's back to his regular form too, which is great news for the Caps.  And Ovie has been unreal all playoffs.

18 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Caps with the comeback in game 3!  Ovie is a man on a mission here.  He looks like he could single-handedly will this team to the Cup

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Caps with the comeback in game 3!  Ovie is a man on a mission here.  He looks like he could single-handedly will this team to the Cup

Darnit they’ve got me believing again. But its still just 2-1. I won’t believe that they can beat Pittsburgh in a playoff series until a 4th win.

Sidenote. Tom Wilson is the least popular being in western Pennsylvania right now.

36 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Darnit they’ve got me believing again. But its still just 2-1. I won’t believe that they can beat Pittsburgh in a playoff series until a 4th win.

Sidenote. Tom Wilson is the least popular being in western Pennsylvania right now.

They have me believing too.  I've been pulled into the lure.  But yeah, Tom Wilson might be the most hated man in Pittsburgh right now.  I might be biased, but I think both hits were clean.

I also just recently read that Ovie has 103 points in 106 playoff games.  That's nearly a point per game pace.  That's unreal

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

They have me believing too.  I've been pulled into the lure.  But yeah, Tom Wilson might be the most hated man in Pittsburgh right now.  I might be biased, but I think both hits were clean.

I also just recently read that Ovie has 103 points in 106 playoff games.  That's nearly a point per game pace.  That's unreal

Wow they gave Tom 3 games. Asinine. Literally just a reputation call. What he did certainly wasn’t worse than what Letang did to Marcus Johansson 2 years ago. Sucks but like you said, Ovi is carrying. Gonna need him to not just will the team, but outplay Crosby, whose been equally as impressive this series.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Wow they gave Tom 3 games. Asinine. Literally just a reputation call. What he did certainly wasn’t worse than what Letang did to Marcus Johansson 2 years ago. Sucks but like you said, Ovi is carrying. Gonna need him to not just will the team, but outplay Crosby, whose been equally as impressive this series.

Yeah, I didn't like the Wilson suspension.  Did you see Letang blatantly try to trip Ovie after he scored the game winner in game 3?  Best of 3 series now with the Caps holding home ice advantage.

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, I didn't like the Wilson suspension.  Did you see Letang blatantly try to trip Ovie after he scored the game winner in game 3?  Best of 3 series now with the Caps holding home ice advantage.

Saw it. There’s been some dirty by both teams in this series. Even the caps. Just last game, Oshie launched into Letang right near the end for no reason right before they fought. 

Cant remember this much vitriol between the teams the last two years besides regular playoff stuff.

Losing Wilson hurts. But I’m confident they can take 2 out of 3 against these guys. Which prolly means they gonna let me down again haha 

14 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Saw it. There’s been some dirty by both teams in this series. Even the caps. Just last game, Oshie launched into Letang right near the end for no reason right before they fought. 

Cant remember this much vitriol between the teams the last two years besides regular playoff stuff.

Losing Wilson hurts. But I’m confident they can take 2 out of 3 against these guys. Which prolly means they gonna let me down again haha 

I hear you.  I really want to embrace this team and be all in, but I've been burned by them too many times

On 5/4/2018 at 9:01 PM, NorthernBlue said:

THEY DID IT! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

BRO I HAVENT HAD THIS FEELING SINCE MARLIN JACKSON PICKED OFF TOM BRADY

Congrats! I thought of you when I heard that the Caps had won. I hope they win the Stanley Cup for you.

Hockey calls are some of the best in sports. The call in the Caps game was awesome. 

Audio: Caps Game-winning Goal

It reminded me of one many years ago when the NY Rangers beat the Devil's to make the finals. I am not a hockey fan but that was a great call by Howie Rose, long-time radio broadcaster of the Mets. :)

(Below is the short version of the call. I could not find the entire call.)

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

BRO I HAVENT HAD THIS FEELING SINCE MARLIN JACKSON PICKED OFF TOM BRADY

Unbelievable.  Kuzy with the overtime winner.  Although Tampa will be a very tough team to beat.  Also, to this day, I curse McPhee for trading Filip Forsberg

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Congrats! I thought of you when I heard that the Caps had won. I hope they win the Stanley Cup for you.

Hockey calls are some of the best in sports. The call in the Caps game was awesome. 

Audio: Caps Game-winning Goal

It reminded me of one many years ago when the NY Rangers beat the Devil's to make the finals. I am not a hockey fan but that was a great call by Howie Rose, long-time radio broadcaster of the Mets. :)

(Below is the short version of the call. I could not find the entire call.)

Haha thanks for the kind words. It’s been rough with the Nats and Caps almost always mucking it up in October/May. But this years team (for once) actually WAS different. They’re not playing like the burden of history was on their shoulders, and never looked out of it. 

Still a long way to go. I love my Nats....but I don’t wanna go focus on them for at least a little while longer haha 

6 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Unbelievable.  Kuzy with the overtime winner.  Although Tampa will be a very tough team to beat.  Also, to this day, I curse McPhee for trading Filip Forsberg

So crazy to think last years team with MoJo, Williams, Shattenkirk, Schmidt and Alzner couldn’t beat an undermanned Pittsburgh. Yet this year, the Pens were full strength, the caps were weaker AND were hit by the injury bug and somehow got the dub. Hockeys crazy like that.

Let’s see how Tampa goes. They need this extra few days of rest for Backy and Andre to heal up.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think Vegas will take the cup 

They have a really tough matchup against Winnipeg.  I had them losing in the first round because I thought inexperience would really hurt them in the playoffs, but Fleury has been unreal and that whole team has been dynamite.

@NorthernBlue Caps take game 1!  I have to say, I thought the Caps were way overmatched going into this series.  But they handled their business in game 1 and could upset the Lightning.  Too early to make any calls yet (Tampa won 4 straight after losing to Boston in game 1 in the last round), but these Caps are making some noise.  Ovie continues to be a man on a mission

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

They have a really tough matchup against Winnipeg.  I had them losing in the first round because I thought inexperience would really hurt them in the playoffs, but Fleury has been unreal and that whole team has been dynamite.

@NorthernBlue Caps take game 1!  I have to say, I thought the Caps were way overmatched going into this series.  But they handled their business in game 1 and could upset the Lightning.  Too early to make any calls yet (Tampa won 4 straight after losing to Boston in game 1 in the last round), but these Caps are making some noise.  Ovie continues to be a man on a mission

Heck of a start. And without Backstrom. Tampa’s gonna come out guns blazing next game tho. Up to Holtby to stop the charge.

I do NOT remember them looking this good past April haha 

On 5/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, 21isSuperman said:

This is fun. I don’t think I’ve ever said that in May haha 

9 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Well that sure as heck turned sour real fast.

I don’t care. They’re still gonna win this thing. Caps in 7. Let’s go.

Holtby gave up 3 goals on 15 shots....

I think they go all out and win game 6, but I think the Lightning win in 7.  I'd love to be wrong though

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I have (very little) hope that Washington can still make it to the Finals.  But if Tampa does come out of the East, I'd like to see Vegas win.  It would make a great story

I dont really care I like the sharks lol

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Well that sure as heck turned sour real fast.

I don’t care. They’re still gonna win this thing. Caps in 7. Let’s go.

I'll feel for you...finally get past the Penguins and then to lose like this. I hope they make a comeback!

On 5/20/2018 at 8:33 AM, 21isSuperman said:

Holtby gave up 3 goals on 15 shots....

I think they go all out and win game 6, but I think the Lightning win in 7.  I'd love to be wrong though

Well you were right about game 6. Hopefully you wrong about game 7! haha 

Come on, Caps Knights is SUCH a better storyline than Bolts Knights. Make it happen boys

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Well you were right about game 6. Hopefully you wrong about game 7! haha 

Come on, Caps Knights is SUCH a better storyline than Bolts Knights. Make it happen boys

I'd be so torn on a Caps-Knights series.  On the one hand, I love the underdog story of the Knights.  On the other hand, Ovie.  Also, the Knights swept the season series against the Bolts and the Caps, but I think their two games against the Caps were both 1 goal games whereas their games against the Bolts were 2+ goal margins, so Caps-Knights could be a closer series.  With that said, Marc-Andre Fleury alone could cause the Caps nightmares leading up to the series haha

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

@NorthernBlue CAPITALS!!!!!!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very nice! Caps did it, off to the Finals! Congrats Northern.

THANKS Y'ALL! This don't even feel real!

Seriously Supe, I ain't tryna jinx it or nothing, but I legit am getting those 2006 Colts vibes from this team haha 

Find me a single person that picked a Caps Vegas finals back in October. Sports are crazy man. Hopefully the Colts do something randomly crazy like this in a few months too!

But till then, Go Caps!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

THANKS Y'ALL! This don't even feel real!

Seriously Supe, I ain't tryna jinx it or nothing, but I legit am getting those 2006 Colts vibes from this team haha 

Find me a single person that picked a Caps Vegas finals back in October. Sports are crazy man. Hopefully the Colts do something randomly crazy like this in a few months too!

But till then, Go Caps!

Yeah I know how you are feeling, when the Cubs finally won the WS after 108 years I was in shock. I was like, did that just happen after being down 3-1. Same when the Colts beat the Patriots in the 2006 AFC Title Game. Great stuff man! I hope the Caps finish the deal for you. Good luck.

• Thanks 1