Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hockey fans?

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I don't even know what to say. Literally 24 hours ago if you told me they would even be in talks for Shattenkirk, I would say you're lying.

They got him. And they didn't even give up too much. 

Hey if the Caps win the cup this year, you guys can gladly have him in July haha

I really am starting to believe this is our year...

This is crazy. For us it's a lose the battle win the war. Simply not our year. A first, a second, and a prospect from Washington for a rental. It gets you guys over the top and makes you the favorite. We can't make that trade and considering it wouldn't be a true rental as we are expected to sign him long term, they probably wanted a lot more from us. We made the similar trade last year for Eric staal and it was real stupid. You guys get this year just let us get one for Hank next year. Can't believe he will be going against us tomorrow night. Hope we cheer every time he touches the puck like July first is a foregone conclusion. Congratulations. Wow

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

This is crazy. For us it's a lose the battle win the war. Simply not our year. A first, a second, and a prospect from Washington for a rental. It gets you guys over the top and makes you the favorite. We can't make that trade and considering it wouldn't be a true rental as we are expected to sign him long term, they probably wanted a lot more from us. We made the similar trade last year for Eric staal and it was real stupid. You guys get this year just let us get one for Hank next year. Can't believe he will be going against us tomorrow night. Hope we cheer every time he touches the puck like July first is a foregone conclusion. Congratulations. Wow

There's still some muck that needs to be cleaned up, regarding the details. Everyone is saying we gave up a 2018 second, but we dont have one (traded it as part of the Eller deal). But still, what is in all likelihood a late first, second and an okay prospect for a guy that is of Shatty's caliber, especially where the Caps are right now as a team, is unreal.

GL tomorrow. We're still missing some key players, like Nisky, Burakovsky and Orpik, so the Caps will have it tough against ya'll. Hopefully its similar to last sundays game. That was fun as heck imo.

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

There's still some muck that needs to be cleaned up, regarding the details. Everyone is saying we gave up a 2018 second, but we dont have one (traded it as part of the Eller deal). But still, what is in all likelihood a late first, second and an okay prospect for a guy that is of Shatty's caliber, especially where the Caps are right now as a team, is unreal.

GL tomorrow. We're still missing some key players, like Nisky, Burakovsky and Orpik, so the Caps will have it tough against ya'll. Hopefully its similar to last sundays game. That was fun as heck imo.

Yea just saw that about the second I guess it's conditional but won't hold it up. I'm glad for a rematch w Holtby in and we just put up a stinker against CBJ (perhaps tanking to get into the Atlantic bracket in the playoffs lol) but we are on fire as of late so we shall see

49 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I don't even know what to say. Literally 24 hours ago if you told me they would even be in talks for Shattenkirk, I would say you're lying.

They got him. And they didn't even give up too much. 

Hey if the Caps win the cup this year, you guys can gladly have him in July haha

I really am starting to believe this is our year...

I'm ecstatic over this news!  This Caps team is already so complete and they just added a top defenseman.  Their powerplay is going to be unreal

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 11:05 PM, 21isSuperman said:

I'm ecstatic over this news!  This Caps team is already so complete and they just added a top defenseman.  Their powerplay is going to be unreal

Caps still on fire but the home win streak ended last night. What is the magic number to lock up the back to back President's Trophy?

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Caps still on fire but the home win streak ended last night. What is the magic number to lock up the back to back President's Trophy?

They're only 5 points ahead of the Wild, 6 points ahead of the Blackhawks, and 7 points ahead of the Blue Jackets and Penguins.  I imagine they still have a long way to go before thinking about magic numbers haha

36 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

They're only 5 points ahead of the Wild, 6 points ahead of the Blackhawks, and 7 points ahead of the Blue Jackets and Penguins.  I imagine they still have a long way to go before thinking about magic numbers haha

Wow I haven't checked didn't realize that. Been busy w tax season so just really been watching the Rangers when I can. Well either way w Shattenkirk they should hold on to it

33 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Wow I haven't checked didn't realize that. Been busy w tax season so just really been watching the Rangers when I can. Well either way w Shattenkirk they should hold on to it

I think so too. They should be able to hang on and win the President's Trophy again this year.  But it'll all come down to how they do in the playoffs

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-07 at 6:06 PM, bababooey said:

Edmonton's magic number for the playoffs is 5 through any combination of Edmonton wins + Los Angeles losses.

@NorthernBlue, Washington is 5-4-1 in their last 10 games and doesn't have anywhere near the hold on the President's Trophy that they used to.  Shattenkirk hasn't had the impact they've wanted, it seems.  I wonder if him being added to the team affected team chemistry or cohesion....

The Caps need to hold onto that #1 spot.  If the playoffs started today, Pittsburgh and Columbus would play each other in the first round, Montreal gets the Rangers, and the Capitals would have the easiest matchup, facing the Leafs.  Pens/Jackets would probably go 6 or 7 games whereas Caps/Leafs would probably be over in 4 or 5, giving the Caps more time to rest.  Still 10 games left to go

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Edmonton's magic number for the playoffs is 5 through any combination of Edmonton wins + Los Angeles losses.

@NorthernBlue, Washington is 5-4-1 in their last 10 games and doesn't have anywhere near the hold on the President's Trophy that they used to.  Shattenkirk hasn't had the impact they've wanted, it seems.  I wonder if him being added to the team affected team chemistry or cohesion....

The Caps need to hold onto that #1 spot.  If the playoffs started today, Pittsburgh and Columbus would play each other in the first round, Montreal gets the Rangers, and the Capitals would have the easiest matchup, facing the Leafs.  Pens/Jackets would probably go 6 or 7 games whereas Caps/Leafs would probably be over in 4 or 5, giving the Caps more time to rest.  Still 10 games left to go

It's not officially the Leafs for Washington but I don't see TB or NYI catching them. I would be very happy with the Rangers hanging onto the WC1 spot, and it's almost guaranteed at this point. We aren't catching WAS, CBJ, or PIT and TOR, TB, and NYI aren't catching us. We will be the 4th seed in the Atlantic bracket but currently have a better record than Montreal, Ottawa, and Boston. We won't have to worry about seeing a metro team until the ECF either. We also have the most road wins in the league and aren't as good at home so if Henrik comes back healthy, along with the depth of returning Girardi and Klein on D perhaps we can make a run.

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Maybe Indy will be the next expansion after Vegas. 

Just like the MLB they will never expand here because of competition being to close and it hurts other markets.  Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis, and even Nashville all have teams that draw from Indiana.  MLB said the same as it hurts close by markets.  I wish we could have a team in all 5 big leagues.  MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, and MLS.

39 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Nah the caps will be fine. Shatty has actually had a great impact, especially on th pp. The four game losing streak they had has cost them some positioning, but overall they're playing well. Just got unlucky. They were never really outplayed.

But I agree. They need that first seed. It could be the difference between a first round exit, and a championship. Toronto is a much easier matchup than Pit or CBJ. HUGE game tomorrow against Blooj.

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Nah the caps will be fine. Shatty has actually had a great impact, especially on th pp. The four game losing streak they had has cost them some positioning, but overall they're playing well. Just got unlucky. They were never really outplayed.

But I agree. They need that first seed. It could be the difference between a first round exit, and a championship. Toronto is a much easier matchup than Pit or CBJ. HUGE game tomorrow against Blooj.

I'm glad to hear that.  I don't watch as many regular season games as I'd like, so I don't always keep up with them.  But I saw the 5-4-1 record in the last 10 and I saw some Caps fans were displeased with Shatty's recent suspension, so I thought he may be having a negative effect.

Three of the Caps' next five games are against Arizona and Colorado, so it could be an opportunity for them to build another lead against Pittsburgh and Columbus

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Just like the MLB they will never expand here because of competition being to close and it hurts other markets.  Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis, and even Nashville all have teams that draw from Indiana.  MLB said the same as it hurts close by markets.  I wish we could have a team in all 5 big leagues.  MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, and MLS.

True. I don't think of it like that. Here in the tristate area we have 2 teams for every sport (3 for hockey) and prices are crazy for most of them minus primetime Jet games later in the season and now that the Islanders moved to Brooklyn from Long Island it's cheap to go there too. We just got a second NY MLS team a couple years ago as well.

9 minutes ago, bababooey said:

True. I don't think of it like that. Here in the tristate area we have 2 teams for every sport (3 for hockey) and prices are crazy for most of them minus primetime Jet games later in the season and now that the Islanders moved to Brooklyn from Long Island it's cheap to go there too. We just got a second NY MLS team a couple years ago as well.

Yea but in the NYC area you have over like 15 million people in that area.  Plenty of reasons to have teams for them to root for.  Chicago is the closet place we have based on that dense of an area and they get a good deal from their teams.  For this convo they have 2 MLB teams and 1 NHL.  We do not have the number of potential fans within this area or market to support it without hurting surrounding teams.  MLS I think we can but not MLB or NHL.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm glad to hear that.  I don't watch as many regular season games as I'd like, so I don't always keep up with them.  But I saw the 5-4-1 record in the last 10 and I saw some Caps fans were displeased with Shatty's recent suspension, so I thought he may be having a negative effect.

Three of the Caps' next five games are against Arizona and Colorado, so it could be an opportunity for them to build another lead against Pittsburgh and Columbus

Yeah I will say that shattys hit that forced a suspension was a dumb, boneheaded play on his part. But he's been contributing very well I think.

It's crazy how finishing second in this division has you going from playing the 16th best team in the league, to the 3rd. Just a dumb format that is gonna screw over two teams. The caps can't afford to drop any games down the stretch. They gotta nab 6 points against AZ and COL, preferably in regulation. And another 2 tomorrow wouldn't hurt either haha.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah I will say that shattys hit that forced a suspension was a dumb, boneheaded play on his part. But he's been contributing very well I think.

It's crazy how finishing second in this division has you going from playing the 16th best team in the league, to the 3rd. Just a dumb format that is gonna screw over two teams. The caps can't afford to drop any games down the stretch. They gotta nab 6 points against AZ and COL, preferably in regulation. And another 2 tomorrow wouldn't hurt either haha.

Columbus and Pittsburgh have some tough games coming up, so hopefully it'll let the Caps gain some separation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

Maybe Indy will be the next expansion after Vegas. 

That would be awesome I'd love to have a team I'm not huge into hockey but I would be more interested if we had our own team I cheer for the sharks since we don't have a team tho 

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

We will prolly get a MLS team in the future the Eleven are extremely popular and they have put in a bI'd for the MLS they also have a purposed stadium that looks fantastic 

15 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We will prolly get a MLS team in the future the Eleven are extremely popular and they have put in a bI'd for the MLS they also have a purposed stadium that looks fantastic 

I hope we do.  The stadium does look pretty cool but I am not sure how the vote has gone or will go for everything.  

I've never gotten into hockey. Just never could. But....lmao.... I love the fights. LOVE EM. There's some historic hockey fights, so I do like seeing the fight highlights. But yeah I'm a football, basketball, and baseball dude. And UFC if you're counting that. WWE used to be awesome back in the day. Before it went all sissified. This new PG era or what ever they call it ruined it...

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I've never gotten into hockey. Just never could. But....lmao.... I love the fights. LOVE EM. There's some historic hockey fights, so I do like seeing the fight highlights. But yeah I'm a football, basketball, and baseball dude. And UFC if you're counting that. WWE used to be awesome back in the day. Before it went all sissified. This new PG era or what ever they call it ruined it...

Not as many fights anymore, you need one every now and then for a spark but the stats are against enforcers. The Rangers for example throw out a fourth line of speed which has led to increased scoring since speed beats heavy hitting. I didn't get into hockey until like 5 years ago but now I can't get enough. It's truly a special sport. WWE is still athletic but it's definitely not as good. Vince just totaled his Bentley two days ago like quarter mile from my office lol

Rangers, the kings of closing out games when leading after 2, now dropped a 7th straight home game last night after blowing a one goal lead to the Islanders. 2 PPGs given up, including one late. The backup goalie has been reassigned to Hartford so Henrik will be back on the California road trip this weekend and the lead's best road team will have a chance to increase it as they try to clinch the 1st wildcard spot.

Meanwhile, Boston is giving away their playoff spot to Toronto. Would be hilarious if they got eliminated on the last game of the season. I was in Boston that day two years ago and loved every second of that.

9 hours ago, bababooey said:

Rangers, the kings of closing out games when leading after 2, now dropped a 7th straight home game last night after blowing a one goal lead to the Islanders. 2 PPGs given up, including one late. The backup goalie has been reassigned to Hartford so Henrik will be back on the California road trip this weekend and the lead's best road team will have a chance to increase it as they try to clinch the 1st wildcard spot.

Meanwhile, Boston is giving away their playoff spot to Toronto. Would be hilarious if they got eliminated on the last game of the season. I was in Boston that day two years ago and loved every second of that.

Bro it'd be awesome because that'd be the THIRD season in a row Boston flubbed their playoff spot right at the end haha.

My lord that Caps Jackets game today was unreal. The Caps outshot CBJ like 47 to 29 and barely won in the shootout. Bob stood on his head again.

This is precisely why Washington needs that first seed. I do NOT want to play Pittsburgh or Columbus in the first round. Call it the wussy way out, but how can you expect the winner of the 2v3 match up in the metro to beat the division champion (who probably wins their series in 4 or 5 games), after going at it in a 7 game war the previous round?

Meanwhile New York is sitting pretty in that WC1 spot right now haha.

13 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

My lord that Caps Jackets game today was unreal. The Caps outshot CBJ like 47 to 29 and barely won in the shootout. Bob stood on his head again.

This is precisely why Washington needs that first seed. I do NOT want to play Pittsburgh or Columbus in the first round. Call it the wussy way out, but how can you expect the winner of the 2v3 match up in the metro to beat the division champion (who probably wins their series in 4 or 5 games), after going at it in a 7 game war the previous round?

Meanwhile New York is sitting pretty in that WC1 spot right now haha.

Washington beats Columbus while Pittsburgh loses to Ottawa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Washington beats Columbus while Pittsburgh loses to Ottawa

Huge for the caps, even though both games went to SO. Schedule picks up for the Pens here while the Caps have some gimmes in the next few games (sandwiched between some tough matchups).

And with the win, the caps now own the tiebreaker with Columbus, regardless of the outcome of their next matchup.

Penguins lose again, this time to the Flyers (and take another injury hit), so the Caps and Blue Jackets have a game up on them.  That's three losses in a row for the Pens.  They also have upcoming games against the Blackhawks on Wednesday, Rangers on Friday, then Blue Jackets the following Tuesday, so their schedule is pretty tough.

Columbus has the Blackhawks on Friday, Capitals on Sunday, then Penguins on the following Tuesday, so they have quite a gauntlet to go through as well

The Capitals have a road trip coming up that goes Minny, Colorado, Arizona, Columbus, Toronto.  Not too many tough teams, but playing 5 road games in 8 days is tough.

Meanwhile, Connor McDavid is leading the league in points in just his first full season while the Oilers are tied for first in the Pacific!

On 2017-03-24 at 1:54 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Huge for the caps, even though both games went to SO. Schedule picks up for the Pens here while the Caps have some gimmes in the next few games (sandwiched between some tough matchups).

And with the win, the caps now own the tiebreaker with Columbus, regardless of the outcome of their next matchup.

Looks like the Caps' magic number is now 2 with 5 games left, including matchups against the Leafs tonight.  That loss to Phoenix was odd, but you were right when you said the Caps would be fine.  I'm breathing a sigh of relief haha

On 2017-03-28 at 3:43 PM, Colt Cola said:

Huge Blues Fan here...we've been hot lately pretty much locking up that final Wild Card spot but haven't gained much ground on those above us...hoping to push past Nashville to avoid a 1st rd date withe Chicago

Tarasenko is a monster!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Looks like the Caps' magic number is now 2 with 5 games left, including matchups against the Leafs tonight.  That loss to Phoenix was odd, but you were right when you said the Caps would be fine.  I'm breathing a sigh of relief haha

Tarasenko is a monster!

He is...not sure fans around the league really realize just how great he is. I pretty much watch every Blues game and he still amazes me with his sniping abilities

@bababooeyPretty tame game tonight. Glad DC got the Met and Presidents trophy locked up. Now we can relax till game 1 haha.

Rangers looking good for the playoffs I think. Lundqvist looks sharp and your depleted lineup played pretty well today. I think if they handle Montreal in the first round, they'll be able to beat whatever it is the Atlantic trots out in round 2.

With that being said, see ya'll in the conference finals haha.